onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

50 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

All I can think is that Askey knows the Moss Rose pitch is narrow and having managed there for many many years has seen wingers not really flourish there.

I can see his thinking, and as we are desperate for an away win he has tried something new.

Forgettable performance, not worth crying over ... we move on. 

I wouldn’t describe it as forgettable. The complaint opposite. Thenplayers should be reminded of it and training tomorrow morning. 

Advert

30 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

What I mean is we’ve got a much better squad than last year and at times have played some very good football (Plymouth, Fleetwood) showing that we should be aiming higher than simply avoiding another relegation scrap.

However our away form has been dreadful. And I’d be interested to see how we compared with this time last year because I doubt there’s much, if anything, in it.

That’s what I’m finding so frustrating. Some home games we’ve looked excellent. Like a real side with proper tactics and organisation and away from home baring the odd half we’ve been just as bad if not worse than last season. But today was a new low imo. Dreadful in every sense. 

Why does everyone assume we should roll teams like Macc over just because we are a bigger club with more support than them ? They had more technically gifted players than us, the No.20 Osadebe was a thorn in our side all game we never got to grips with him.

Another point, who rattled their players cages,giving it the big un when they scored Osadebe gesticulating to the crowd,  and Vassell for Christs sake, we gave him a break in the pro game,nobody I heard gave him any stick and to react like that was weird,I guess it could be argued that they were certainly up for it more than we were,and it meant more to them than it did us.

No excuse today! As mentioned several times we didn’t even deserve to go 1-0 up!

Askey has to take responsibility for that, 4-3-3 is what our players are most comfortable in but on the other hand whoever is up top look too isolated, today we needed to make a change about 50-60 minutes Browne/Archer/Burgess as we could all see a goal was coming. Our midfield was lost today and got bullied only good thing from our midfield is that we finally have a midfielder who will have a shot at goal (Taylor)

Would like Brisley to get a run out at centre half and I would move Taylor to LB for Crookes who has been awful this season and have a midfield 3 of Atkinson, Joyce and Burgess. 

On the other hand I can’t say I’m really surprised at today as we have been performing poor all season and our home form is papering over the cracks I believe but I think there has been an overreaction by some people, nobody likes loosing and I’m sure all the lads will be gutted but we have to dust ourselves down and go against against Stevenage 

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s what I’m finding so frustrating. Some home games we’ve looked excellent. Like a real side with proper tactics and organisation and away from home baring the odd half we’ve been just as bad if not worse than last season. But today was a new low imo. Dreadful in every sense. 

Yep, I agree. Interestingly I think it was 12 months ago that we got stuffed by Lincoln and I’d say today’s result was every bit as disappointing.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

I can see it already. Play like that away at nonces FC in November and the game will end up being abandoned. People won’t have it. I saw some real anger today, admittedly a lot of it from clowns. Spent an hour on the side terrace screaming that Popes a cnut but as soon as he walked past down the byline after getting subbed they didn’t dare say a single word now he was in hearing distance. Pair of bellends.

He must have had a good game then

Not a lot you can do when the idiot manager plays two big target men up front and uses the goalkeeper as a playmaker.

Won lots of headers as usual, with no one to pick up flicks, as usual. Played a lovely spreading through ball to Worrall second half who did bugger all with it. In different circumstances Amoo would have gone clean through off that pass, one on one at the near post.

Disgraceful from start to finish. Only people that come out of today with any credit is the macc lads. Well done to them, not been paid but showed us up today and fully deserved it. That was as bad as last season. No real surprise, carried on from last weeks performance until they had a bloke sent off.Sort it out Askey, we will take defeat but not the manner of defeat. 

28 minutes ago, Doha said:

Not a lot you can do when the idiot manager plays two big target men up front and uses the goalkeeper as a playmaker.

Won lots of headers as usual, with no one to pick up flicks, as usual. Played a lovely spreading through ball to Worrall second half who did bugger all with it. In different circumstances Amoo would have gone clean through off that pass, one on one at the near post.

So can we go with Bennett, Archer and Amoo next week please

14 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Disgraceful from start to finish. Only people that come out of today with any credit is the macc lads. Well done to them, not been paid but showed us up today and fully deserved it. That was as bad as last season. No real surprise, carried on from last weeks performance until they had a bloke sent off.Sort it out Askey, we will take defeat but not the manner of defeat. 

They will be paid now, following the fantastic away support from Port Vale supporters.

Archived