onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Utterly appalling. A Sunday league performance befitting a Sunday league setting.

Askey has to hold his hand up, admit he couldn’t have gotten it any more wrong and apologise. More away fans than home and completely let down.

Only entertainment all game was one, throwing bank notes at Jak McCourt at FT, and two, the look of regret on his face when Vassell absolutely bottled it when he nearly got his head kicked in outside the tunnel. If the handbags at Orient were deemed an offence then the utter dlckhead is going to get done big time for inciting the crowd. Obnoxiously kissing the badge? What did Vale do to him other than release him for not being good enough? Which is why he’s now going unpaid at lowly tinpot Macclesfield? What a clown. 

Askeys just been told hard luck by his interviewer on RS. Bullshlt. That was awful. 

Advert

Shambolic display that. From start to finish absalute trash. Outplayed by a very poor side!!!

why is askey scared to make subs? 1-1 65 mins make a change! Try and change what was a dire display and win the match. No we leave it until we are losing and then the changes come. Mentioned this in most games this season far too cautious and late with subs. 

I cant say I’ve been as impressed with Gibbons as everyone else so far and today wow. Bloody dreadful. 

This away form isn’t on. Get it sorted askey!!! Performances like this just aren’t on whether we are a mid table side or not we should not be performing anywhere near to what we did today. 

Go back to Bennett up front for Christ sake 

We have three proper wingers, we need to start being brave enough home and away to play with two of them, and even more so if you're going to start with Pope. Today should have been Worrall and Amoo on the flanks with Burgess and Taylor ahead of Joyce looking to support Tom at every opportunity . For me it's either Joyce or Atkinson in midfield, not both.

Today was all set up to be a very positive day. Big away following, and a win would have put us just outside the play offs going into a home game at Vale Park. And of course, as always, despite the good start we completely bottled it. And by we I mean the players and manager. 

Why change a formation that was working. I know a lot like to go on about two strikers, but the 4-3-3 system suits us. 
Completely agree. Our best performances under Askey both at the end of last season and the start of this have been when we played 4-3-3 with a quick tempo and high press.

I can see it already. Play like that away at nonces FC in November and the game will end up being abandoned. People won’t have it. I saw some real anger today, admittedly a lot of it from clowns. Spent an hour on the side terrace screaming that Popes a cnut but as soon as he walked past down the byline after getting subbed they didn’t dare say a single word now he was in hearing distance. Pair of bellends.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

I can see it already. Play like that away at nonces FC in November and the game will end up being abandoned. People won’t have it. I saw some real anger today, admittedly a lot of it from clowns. Spent an hour on the side terrace screaming that Popes a cnut but as soon as he walked past down the byline after getting subbed they didn’t dare say a single word now he was in hearing distance. Pair of bellends.

Typical... come face to face with the bloke and they shrink into tiny little sh*t scared p*****s.

embarrasing!

All I can think is that Askey knows the Moss Rose pitch is narrow and having managed there for many many years has seen wingers not really flourish there.

I can see his thinking, and as we are desperate for an away win he has tried something new.

Forgettable performance, not worth crying over ... we move on. 

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

All I can think is that Askey knows the Moss Rose pitch is narrow and having managed there for many many years has seen wingers not really flourish there.

I can see his thinking, and as we are desperate for an away win he has tried something new.

Forgettable performance, not worth crying over ... we move on. 

But didn’t he play his 4-3-3 successfully there.

For me, this is far and away THE worst result of Askey’s reign. I don’t buy this nonsense of ‘slow and steady’...... we have a big squad perhaps, up their with the MA promotion squad in terms of quality, and should have seen these off quite comfortably.

I dread to think what Crewe away will bring. At this point it will be utter embarrassment. Don’t be surprised if we don’t sell out or allocation either as I sense others, like me, are fed up of Vale teams bottling games like these.

I’ve said before the defence needs shaking up and whilst I can’t comment on today, Smith for me needs replacing with Brisley. Quite what we do about the left back position I don’t know, but it sounds like Atkinson needs go to RB after Gibbons display today.

Vale’s two worst performances under Askey have been against Macc - today and at home to them last year. Makes you wonder if he has a psychological block about playing them. 

When I saw the team I though Bennett would be on the left with Worrall on the right but we played without any width at all. Two big lads up front is pointless if they have to play with their backs to the goal all the time because we have no width. It was a daft formation and played into their hands because we never stretched them at all. Very disappointing. 

Vassell and their keeper should realise that those Vale fans who they were both abusing have probably paid their wages this week. 

Archived