onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Unfathomable.....I just can't believe that performance. We got dragged down to their level and were simply not good enough to rise above it. We didn't deserve even a point in my eyes. the set up just looked wrong and midfield was none existent. A terrible performance that I hope was just a bad day at the office. It didn't resemble Vale's performances so far this season but it is difficult to put your finger on exactly what it was!

Advert

Poor poor performance!

Hopefully this goes some way to ending the obsession with 2 up top (which we also played against Grimsby if I remember right)

We need a result back at Vale Park now and put this behind us... we will be inconsistent this season. Very bad day at the office.

I suggest people don’t lose their minds tonight and remember it’s a long season that will have ups and downs... doubt that will happen though! 

Really poor effort on all levels. Wrong tactics, although given the small pitch I could see Arthur's thinking. Poor individual performances, lack of intensity. Well beaten in truth by the better team, with a well drilled system that suited the pitch.

Just goes to show the reality of where we are at the moment. 

Most of Sproson's comments during the game were nonsensical. Gibbo did have a poor game, but he wasn't the only one. Crooke's is consistently lacking. Look at the second goal....

Man of the match? No one really. Can't think of anyone who played well. Worrall toiled away out of position and delivered a few decent dead balls, so him I guess. Taylor also had his moments.

That was awful. I’m absolutely fuming, and feel sorry for the Vale fans that travelled in their numbers.

Few quick fire points.

That was the worst individual performance I have ever seen in a Vale shirt from Gibbons. He set the tone of the match by just hoofing it to a Macc player every time he got the ball. Deserves to be dropped.

Pope was absolutely dominated by their CH and offered nothing. That tweet hasn’t aged well. Also deserves to be dropped.

Joyce and Atkinson didn’t work in midfield. 

No pace whatsoever, it was all on the bench.

No width.

No composure on the ball.

Askey got the formation wrong and didn’t change it quickly enough. 

Overall, terrible performance and result, and feels like we have taken two steps backwards in our style of play. 

I’d change it next match and get pace into the team. Get Archer, Amoo and Monty in and take it to them, instead of just hoof ball. 

Just so disappointed 😞 

That was awful. I’m absolutely fuming, and feel sorry for the Vale fans that travelled in their numbers.

Few quick fire points.

That was the worst individual performance I have ever seen in a Vale shirt from Gibbons. He set the tone of the match by just hoofing it to a Macc player every time he got the ball. Deserves to be dropped.

Pope was absolutely dominated by their CH and offered nothing. That tweet hasn’t aged well. Also deserves to be dropped.

Joyce and Atkinson didn’t work in midfield. 

No pace whatsoever, it was all on the bench.

No width.

No composure on the ball.

Askey got the formation wrong and didn’t change it quickly enough. 

Overall, terrible performance and result, and feels like we have taken two steps backwards in our style of play. 

I’d change it next match and get pace into the team. Get Archer, Amoo and Monty in and take it to them, instead of just hoof ball. 

Just so disappointed 😞 

Dreadful performance against a poor side. Passing was truly atrocious throughout the game. No one had a decent game including the manager who made his changes far too late to effect the game and should have used all three substitutes but didn't even do that. Bad day.

2 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Gibbo was poor, no excuses. But in that system he struggled with having no one in front of him.

I’m a Gibbo fan, but that was truly awful. Don’t think he found a pass once. Should of been hauled off at half-time. Yes, there was no one in front of him (which is down to Askey’s tactics) but it was still a shocking performance.

We are a better team with pace, and I’d shake it up next week to give them a wake up call. 

Brown

Atkinson Legge Brisley Taylor

Worrall Joyce Burgess 

Amoo Archer Monty / Browne

Get some pace in the team and let them worry about us instead of playing hoof ball! 

Fuming. 

Archived