onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

7 minutes ago, pensioner said:

Then don't pay it if it upsets you so much. 

To be fair, I do get his point.

4 tears up in the Prem, away fans can't be charged more than 30 quid, to go in stadiums that are like a 5 star hotel, compared to some of the grounds we pay 22-25 quid to get into.

I know most Prem clubs doesn't even need the ticket money, but still; 5-8 quid over a 4 league span... That is a bit excessive!

9 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

To be fair, I do get his point.

4 tears up in the Prem, away fans can't be charged more than 30 quid, to go in stadiums that are like a 5 star hotel, compared to some of the grounds we pay 22-25 quid to get into.

I know most Prem clubs doesn't even need the ticket money, but still; 5-8 quid over a 4 league span... That is a bit excessive!

You would think the Shanahans would have some modicule business sense to open up their new era by bringing down pay on the day/gate prices down to a minimum of £17-19 per game

Instead, the new policy is to pay £20 for an advance ticket instead of £22 on the day. Ridiculous policy and still more than over the odds for this standard of football, given that the ground holds 18,000 and barely averaging 4,000

I have said it numerous times on this forum, it is about time admission charges were reduced so that all Vale fans from all backgrounds can attend a game

25 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

You would think the Shanahans would have some modicule business sense to open up their new era by bringing down pay on the day/gate prices down to a minimum of £17-19 per game

Instead, the new policy is to pay £20 for an advance ticket instead of £22 on the day. Ridiculous policy and still more than over the odds for this standard of football, given that the ground holds 18,000 and barely averaging 4,000

I have said it numerous times on this forum, it is about time admission charges were reduced so that all Vale fans from all backgrounds can attend a game

I think you mean "modicum"  there. Not "modicule" . Is that even a word?  Our "new" policy is the old one. All is okay. What is your beef baby?

3 hours ago, AMF said:

£22 to stand on an open terrace!

Same as it costs to sit under cover the other side and £7 more than behind the goal. Pure exploitation and shouldn't be allowed. 

The extra 320 tickets given are the same price as behind the goal. 

3 hours ago, AMF said:

£22 to stand on an open terrace!

Same as it costs to sit under cover the other side and £7 more than behind the goal. Pure exploitation and shouldn't be allowed. 

And if folk want the truth then they can go on the Vale site and find it .

Standing tickets for the London North Road Terrace are ON SALE IMMEDIATLY at our ticket office until 14:00 on Friday.

Date: Saturday 12th October 2019

Kick off: 15:00   Location: Moss Rose

ADULTS ( 25-64): £15

SENIOR (OVER 65): £12

UNDER 25 ( 18-24): £12

UNDER 18  (12-17): £6

UNDER 12  (0-11): £3

Please note, tickets are expected to sell out quickly so please purchase from our ticket office well in advance.

5 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Don't agree.  I think we should only let in really rich people with time on their hands.

The problem is it isn't over the odds for the standard of football. It is more than the value of fourth division football sure and I wouldn't be sad to see the price dropped by a couple of quid. However, other clubs with similar facilities, ie a seat, are charging similar amounts and as far as I'm aware we aren't able to revert back to terracing under the rules of the Taylor Report. 

No point comparing prices in L2/L1/Championship to the PL when the situation is completely different. They're subsidised with huge amounts of money & gate income is of little interest to them in comparison. If Sky withdrew from the game, I imagine you'd see prices in the PL rocket (more than they already have for some home fans).

Anyway, I don't know why we'd expect our brand new owners to reduce prices straight away, given they've just spend an incredible amount of money saving our club. Isn't that enough?! They could have increased the prices which would have been understandable with them trying to recoup initial layout.

Bit much expecting handouts when they've just done us the massive favour of ensuring we still have a team to watch in the first place.

But anyway, back to the game...

On 06/10/2019 at 10:01, PV1973 said:

I think we’ll stay 4-3-3 and I’d like to see us go:

brown

gibbons Legge Smith crookes

atkinson joyce taylor

worall Pope amoo 

I think he will go for that team as well, except if Atkinson is more of a DM (as reports suggest) he might just slightly change the shape. 

Brown

Gibbons Legge Smith Crookes

Joyce        Atkinson 

Worrall         Taylor          Amoo

Pope

Also, there should be plenty of options on the bench:

Maddison, Brisley, Bennett, Archer, Monty, Browne, Burgess.

My only worry is that Pope becomes isolated. Worrall, Taylor and Amoo need to bust a gut to support him and get crosses in.

We should control the midfield though, which will hopefully lead to chances.

Win the next two, and I’ll start to get a bit excited, without mentioning the P word 😄 

On 08/10/2019 at 18:15, whotobeakiller said:

A rise from 20 to 22 quid isn't even that bad. Bradford rises from 20 to 25 quid... And 25 quid to watch League 2, is nearing a joke. Their season tickets might be cheap, but their tickets on the day sure as hell aren't! 5 quid more will get you in to a Premier League fixture...

I know ticket money is the backbone of almost every League 1 and 2 clubs budget, but it is a two etched sword. 

How many of these clubs are community clubs and pride themselves to be so. Many are placed in not especially rich areas, like Vale. Fair play the club gives out free tickets here and there, but why not lower the ticket prices all together, so these families have a fighting chance of having a chance to go on their own devices? As it is now, a family of 4 (2+2), will have to part with 64 quid just to get in. And then comes food and drinks on top.

Why not slash prices to 15 for adults and 5 for kids and drop that absolutely STUPID extra charge, for tickets bought on the day? That is more than fair for everybody and will might even get more bums in seats!

Archived