onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

This result will be talked about in the same way as the ‘72 final....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think you’re right. NJ came on the radio so I turned the volume down. Some ten minutes later they were still interviewing him. Now, they’re all spouting off, let them enjoy it. Well see if they’re still this positive in a couple of weeks

Advert

Good result in a game we would expect to win, especially against 10 men.

Atkinson looks very tidy on the ball and will be a great asset in central mid.

Askey has built a resilient, attacking team that is creating chances and getting results... 10th in the league and looking up having played a number of the top teams.

A few people loved a moan during the first few games, thankfully they have gone very quiet after making themselves look very daft.

This team is providing us the slow and steady improvement we all wanted. 

Well done Askey, well done Kevin and Carol and long may it continue!

Not great today but a win is a win. Generally we moved the ball around too slowly. When we upped the tempo in the 2nd half we got our rewards.
For me, Bennett made a massive difference. His movement off the ball was very good and it created space for others. Great pressing and hassling from him directly led to the 3rd goal.
If you include the Macc game in the EFL trophy that is now 3 successive games where we have scored 3 goals. I can't think of the last time that happened?

25 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I thought Atkinson, Pope, Worrall and Joyce had good games. There was nothing Brown or any GK could do about their sublime goal. I thought others were bang average with the exception of Amoo (is he fit), Crookes is the lad a left back, and Bennett I struggle to see what he contributes to the team. Defiantly not an inspired substitution as I don’t know what he contributes to the team.It’s time to give Archer a run if he’s fit.

Gosh ,was you at the game . Bennett chased hassled and ran everything down, and was the reason for Popey getting his second goal.

Today showed Pope isn't finished although I don't think he's the best player to be up front on his own on a pitch as wide as Vale Park. Hard to know how the game would have panned out without Cranston's moment of absolute madness. We could really do with a win on the road next week.

Good debut from Atkinson, hard to see him or Gibbons not playing next week; so tough selection decisions for Askey looking forward Saturday. Pick up a win and we will be handily placed in and around a playoff position.

Good result in the end against a poor Morecambe side. They will do well to stay up this time around.

Pope, Atkinson, Joyce and Taylor stand out performers for me in what was an average Vale performance all round.

Onwards and upwards now for Askey and the lads. 10th place is a good start after 12 games, much better than I imagined before the start of the season.

I cant help but get slightly annoyed when I look at the table though due to what could have been if we saw games out more professionally. Salford and Orient spring to mind where we dropped 4 points in the last minute. Then also the home game against Northampton which we should have won, which was another 2 points dropped. We would have been joint second if managed 3 points in each of them. 

However, that is something I'm sure Askey and the lads will be working on. 

Pleasure being a Valiant at the moment. Onwards and upwards!

14 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Good result in the end against a poor Morecambe side. They will do well to stay up this time around.

Pope, Atkinson, Joyce and Taylor stand out performers for me in what was an average Vale performance all round.

Onwards and upwards now for Askey and the lads. 10th place is a good start after 12 games, much better than I imagined before the start of the season.

I cant help but get slightly annoyed when I look at the table though due to what could have been if we saw games out more professionally. Salford and Orient spring to mind where we dropped 4 points in the last minute. Then also the home game against Northampton which we should have won, which was another 2 points dropped. We would have been joint second if managed 3 points in each of them. 

Football is all ifs buts and maybes. We've won a few points at the end of games as well. It's the ups and downs that keep it interesting.

19 minutes ago, JRC said:

Today showed Pope isn't finished although I don't think he's the best player to be up front on his own on a pitch as wide as Vale Park. Hard to know how the game would have panned out without Cranston's moment of absolute madness. We could really do with a win on the road next week.

Good debut from Atkinson, hard to see him or Gibbons not playing next week; so tough selection decisions for Askey looking forward Saturday. Pick up a win and we will be handily placed in and around a playoff position.

On Radio Joke Askey was quick to point out again that his natural position was midfield. 

So I wouldn’t be surprised if he relaxed Burgess at Macc for his experience.

Interesting to see if he goes with Pope or Bennett. Personally I’d go with the latter, especially given Popes’ superior ariel ability might be useful late in the game.

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Football is all ifs buts and maybes. We've won a few points at the end of games as well. It's the ups and downs that keep it interesting.

I know what you are saying but we have definitely lost more points than we have gained at the death... of we had managed to close games out better we would be in the playoff places

14 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Archived