Fosse69

Match Thread : Port Vale v Morecambe

Teams had worked out that if we play Pope up front on his own then put two markers on him it stops us playing.
First half Pope was isolated up on his own without any real support.
Second half Bennett came on and what a change causing havoc in their defence.
If we have two up front they need 3 men back to mark them and can’t overload our midfield.
Amoo must play on the right as he struggles on the left and cuts in to hit a traffic jam stopping him being effective.
Signing Will Atkinson a recognised established league player makes sense as he can also play midfield as well as full back.
Praise again to Jake Taylor who is growing into his role and I thought it was between him and Joyce for MOM.

Turns out Macc reserves aren’t doing too bad, hey?

Three superbly taken goals .

So pleased we are sharing the goals around.

Im liking the fact Popey is scoring again ,make no bones about he is a tremendous asset as proven when he plays in a two up top .

All them injuries and coming back from a goal down tells me the football clubs a happy one .

Well done the shanahans for bringing life back to the place and well done the players for making home games for the faithful enjoyable again .

Just need to be more resilient away and pick more points up .

Easier said than done but 10th place at this stage is very pleasing .but is mainly down to home form .

Macc away with a sell out away following should tell us if we have the  strength to cope away .

UTV 

2 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Macc 1st Team v Macc Reserves next up! 

Refreshing to see we are actually capable of scoring more than one goal per game this season. That’s 11 in the last four games (3 league, 1 FL trophy).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Most of the Macc reserves are on the bench and won’t get a place when other players are fit.The current team consists of last years squad plus Amoo,Taylor  and Atkinson.Ok Burgess played for Macc but has moved on since then.

Pity the budget was wasted on Lloyd ,Evans and Kennedy when better players were available.

21 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Macc 1st Team v Macc Reserves next up! 

Refreshing to see we are actually capable of scoring more than one goal per game this season. That’s 11 in the last four games (3 league, 1 FL trophy).

Edited by Erniemossrules

Can't believe we're doing alright so far and starting to score goals and all of this without Cullen contributing anything. I genuinely thought our season, what we do, would largely depend on how good he is for us and how many games he's fit enough to play. 

4 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Most of the Macc reserves are on the bench and won’t get a place when other players are fit.The current team consists of last years squad plus Amoo,Taylor  and Atkinson.Ok Burgess played for Macc but has moved on since then.

Pity the budget was wasted on Lloyd ,Evans and Kennedy when better players were available.

Ernie, there’s a rumour going round that Ryan Lloyd has given your missus one. It would explain your posts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 05/10/2019 at 17:20, Playa Amodores said:

I thought Atkinson, Pope, Worrall and Joyce had good games. There was nothing Brown or any GK could do about their sublime goal. I thought others were bang average with the exception of Amoo (is he fit), Crookes is the lad a left back, and Bennett I struggle to see what he contributes to the team. Defiantly not an inspired substitution as I don’t know what he contributes to the team.It’s time to give Archer a run if he’s fit.

What he gives the team REALLY? He's our top scorer for gods sake he has also had the assist in at least 3 other goals that i can recall including the 3rd goal yesterday. He is a defendes nightmare around the box. What else do want him to  do?

• Like 1

Bennett I struggle to see what he contributes to the team. Defiantly not an inspired substitution as I don’t know what he contributes to the team.It’s time to give Archer a run if he’s fit.

Bizarre
  • Like 1

I know that monkey dust is a big problem in S-o-T but those knocking The Pontif have proved to me that it's tentacles have reached even as far as some on here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Ernie, there’s a rumour going round that Ryan Lloyd has given your missus one. It would explain your posts. 

Ernie has a missus?

53 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I can't find any comments from Bentley about this game?

I hate playing Morecambe. Stevenage v2.0.

Next to Crewe, Stevenage are definitely my most hated team in the league. So glad to see them rock bottom without a win, hope we can give them a thrashing in 2 weeks. If they're worse than Morecambe, shouldn't have any major issues, as long as we can deal with their time-wasting & tactics that seem to have stayed in place since the Westley era.

I’d just like to give a quiet mention to Crookes who had a good solid game, he always gets a mention if he makes a mistake so let’s log one in the plus column.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mbycars said:

What he gives the team REALLY? He's our top scorer for gods sake he has also had the assist in at least 3 other goals that i can recall including the 3rd goal yesterday. He is a defendes nightmare around the box. What else do want him to  do?

The first half on Saturday was as flat as a witches breast - even after they went down to 10 men. After the break we came alive and started playing with a bit of passion. In the first half it took 8 passes to get to the halfway line but after halftime we seemed to realise it could be done with a lot less and playing in their half means they have less opportunities to score against us. With Bennett on Tom was often left unmarked, ie look at who was near him when he headed the goal. Bennett was drawing the defenders with his runs and harrowing them when they had the ball ie look what happened just before the 3rd goal.   My man of the match was Cranston !!  Because in just a 10 sec move he laid all the plans for the improvement in the Vale - Their best player decided to be billy hard cnut and decided to kick out at Worrall when the Ball was dead ! Not only that but he did it while the most red  card happy ref was looking directly at him. On looking at the replay on the box you can see their players sink because of what Cranston has done. He looked a good player but he also showed he was as thick as sheite .  

So we now move onto Macclesfield and the goalie is already on the team sheet..... Put Pope AND Bennett on the sheet and then worry about the rest nearer the day.  You cant please everyone with team selection but if Askey goes Macc without two attackers then he will make a rod for his own back. Get em both on the field and see how good a pairing they can be.