onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

I've been impressed with how JA has gradually introduced the new players signed in the summer into the team. I think there was only Amoo initially in the starting 11 for the first game of the season, if my memory is correct. Most of the new additions that I've seen have impressed me to some degree so far. 

Advert

48 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

I've been impressed with how JA has gradually introduced the new players signed in the summer into the team. I think there was only Amoo initially in the starting 11 for the first game of the season, if my memory is correct. Most of the new additions that I've seen have impressed me to some degree so far. 

Probably only Lloyd (not necessarily new) & Kennedy that I'm worried about, the rest I think have all been decent. Haven't seen that much of Cullen, but I reckon he's an alright back up.

21 minutes ago, osprey said:

Ref tomorrow : quote Vale website 

In the seven games the referee has taken charge of this campaign, he has issued a staggering 38 yellow card and three red cards across the three competitions. 

could be interesting 

That’s a ridiculous amount. The powers that be should be looking at stats like that and analysing the games he’s taken to see if they’re warranted / where he can improve. 

14 minutes ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

I fully agree but do you think they really care?

The only thing they'll be assessing these new referees for is if they're capable enough to be added to the VAR collection for the greed is good league.

I'd be tempted to throw Atkinson in at right back...

If Rhys Browne is fit I would go Browne - Bennett - Amoo as the front three and put Wozza - Joyce and Taylor as the central three.

If the referee is strict getting Amoo and Browne at their full backs could see them in trouble and get early bookings.

12 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I'd be tempted to throw Atkinson in at right back...

If Rhys Browne is fit I would go Browne - Bennett - Amoo as the front three and put Wozza - Joyce and Taylor as the central three.

If the referee is strict getting Amoo and Browne at their full backs could see them in trouble and get early bookings.

I think it is more likely that we will have Kennedy at RB, Woz on the wing and Atkinson in the middle.

I said in the Atkinson thread that it was odd they’d specifically mention right back in his press, I think that’s because they’ll throw him in there tomorrow. It said it all about Kennedy the other week when they threw in a barely fit Gibbons instead of Kennedy against Mansfield after the Exeter game. 

32 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

"I'd be tempted to throw Atkinson in at right back."    (valefan16)

...and there was me thinking that he was a left winger when he played for us before!!! Perhaps age has affected my recall facilities.

No it's not your facitlities, the player himself said he used to play there but as he has gotten older he's morphed into a holding mid that can cover at right back

42 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I said in the Atkinson thread that it was odd they’d specifically mention right back in his press, I think that’s because they’ll throw him in there tomorrow. It said it all about Kennedy the other week when they threw in a barely fit Gibbons instead of Kennedy against Mansfield after the Exeter game. 

I get that, but I feel like we would be shoehorning him in if he did play there.

I've not been Kennedy's biggest fan so far, but at least he is naturally a defender. I'd rather play Atkinson in his actual position in the middle if he's coming in. There's been times this year when weve been over run in the middle without Manny. Hopefully, this is what solves it.

24 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I get that, but I feel like we would be shoehorning him in if he did play there.

I've not been Kennedy's biggest fan so far, but at least he is naturally a defender. I'd rather play Atkinson in his actual position in the middle if he's coming in. There's been times this year when weve been over run in the middle without Manny. Hopefully, this is what solves it.

Most of his 26 appearances for Mansfield last season were as either rightback or right wingback, so I'm not sure they'd be shoehorning in any more than playing Kennedy there would be. He certainly got more experience in that position than Kennedy at league level. Big question is whether he's match fit, if he is I'd say playing him would be a no brainer. More mobile, quicker, better distribution and more experience in the position.

3 hours ago, JRC said:

Most of his 26 appearances for Mansfield last season were as either rightback or right wingback, so I'm not sure they'd be shoehorning in any more than playing Kennedy there would be. He certainly got more experience in that position than Kennedy at league level. Big question is whether he's match fit, if he is I'd say playing him would be a no brainer. More mobile, quicker, better distribution and more experience in the position.

I think we’ll see him at right back tomorrow and then when Gibbons is back he’ll end up being pushed into midfield at the expense of Taylor or Burgess. 

Archived