onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Advert

We have to get 3 points here. Poor side and as we can't quite seal the deal away from home continuing to win at Vale Park is vital. Bennett has to start I believe. I love Popey but Richie is the form striker and we look dangerous when he is at it.

On 30/09/2019 at 11:31, Tomo said:

For me:

---------------------Brown--------------------

--Kennedy--Smith--Legge--Crookes--

-------Burgess---Joyce---Taylor--------

--Worrall--------Bennett--------Amoo--

As much as I don't rate Kennedy, I'd say it's the only viable option as no point playing Brisley/others out of position. That team should be more than enough to beat Morecambe though.

This Pope/Bennett situation is frustrating & I cannot understand why people want Bennett dropped so much given his output so far this season compared to Pope's. Given the latter's age, tempo & style, I don't think he should be starting many games at all, more just used as a sub for 20 mins/half an hour (if needed), in the way Stoke used Crouch. Don't really think we need him all that much at the moment, especially when we have Archer/Bennett/Cullen all available.

Although injuries have forced Askey’s hand in some sense, half of that team is different from last season. I like how he has slowly integrated them into the team. Hopefully we can have a few seasons of chopping off at the bottom and adding to the top, rather than wholesale changes. 

The Pope/Bennett debate is not binary. I wonder if some here are biased by only seeing home games? Bennett has been very anonymous in away games often. The ball does not stick with him. He doesn't keep us down their end of the pitch when required. Which Pope does. It is horses for courses.

Given our best crosser of the ball, Gibbo, is out, it is a no brainer that Bennett should start Sat. And that is not slagging off Pope. Agree with Boslem's line up. But with that we won't have much going forward in the way of full backs, Might require a bit of through the middle. 

When I hear these are rubbish, for the taking, it brings me out in a cold sweat, It's fine margins in this league. Take noting for granted,

25 minutes ago, toyahw said:

The Pope/Bennett debate is not binary. I wonder if some here are biased by only seeing home games? Bennett has been very anonymous in away games often. The ball does not stick with him. He doesn't keep us down their end of the pitch when required. Which Pope does. It is horses for courses.

Given our best crosser of the ball, Gibbo, is out, it is a no brainer that Bennett should start Sat. And that is not slagging off Pope. Agree with Boslem's line up. But with that we won't have much going forward in the way of full backs, Might require a bit of through the middle. 

When I hear these are rubbish, for the taking, it brings me out in a cold sweat, It's fine margins in this league. Take noting for granted,

I honestly think both of them show as anonymous at times (don't get me wrong Bennett is no world beater), the difference is for me that he has scored a few, & all of them from open play (2 away too).

2 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Play Bennett and Pope .

Give them something to worry about.

Wouldn't be a bad shout at all of either all 3 of Bennett/Pope/Archer up front, or 2 of them plus Amoo, with Worrall/Taylor/Burgess behind them.

22 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Not wanting to temp fate, but I feel like this is the game that could act as a catalyst for us to push on. I can see us giving them a real hiding.

You’re a brave man tempting fate when the Vale are playing at home against a team below them in the league. Hope you’re right though and we give them a real hiding.

6 minutes ago, pjg1876 said:

You’re a brave man tempting fate when the Vale are playing at home against a team below them in the league. Hope you’re right though and we give them a real hiding.

As we've seen already this season Phil, relative league position counts for nothing. Wasn't it Crawley that stuffed Mansfield at home?

Archived