onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Garratt

Walka003

Advert

• Walka003 changed the title to Ben Garratt

Could it simply be that we're a local club where he can keep fit? 

Didn't the same thing happen in the summer when James Wilson joined us for training as we were local to him? I seem to remember it was a done deal with some fans.

p.s. having said that, he is a fine keeper, I've no idea how good Maddison is but Garrett would be a high quality back-up/successor to Brown.

1 minute ago, robf said:

Could it simply be that we're a local club where he can keep fit? 

Didn't the same thing happen in the summer when James Wilson joined us for training as we were local to him?

Yeah could easily be, I think he would make a great signing. Wages could be a sticking point, and whether he wants to play second fiddle to Brown.

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

There's a photo doing the rounds on Facebook apparently shows Ben Garratt training with us.

Thoughts? Was an extremely good prospect a few years ago.

What do you mean a few years ago !!!

He had a blinder here in April and was Crewe number one for a few seasons. He was offered a deal to stay but didn't accept in time hence his release.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

What do you mean a few years ago !!!

He had a blinder here in April and was Crewe number one for a few seasons. He was offered a deal to stay but didn't accept in time hence his release.

What I meant was there was talk of him going to the Prem a few season ago, now he's struggling to get a club after leaving.

That's not me saying he's not a very good keeper, but when he first broke through at Crewe they were talking about him as one of there best ever products. I think I read he had a trial at Blackburn and it doesn't appear anything happened there.

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

What I meant was there was talk of him going to the Prem a few season ago, now he's struggling to get a club after leaving.

That's not me saying he's not a very good keeper, but when he first broke through at Crewe they were talking about him as one of there best ever products. I think I read he had a trial at Blackburn and it doesn't appear anything happened there.

True enough mate. Did he not play for Bury here in the friendly along with Anthony Kay ?

It is strange i guess having been a first team regular for years at Crewe. Got to be Vale doing him a favour i'd reckon. Seeing as Maddison isn't even playing in the Paint Pot or whatever it is called i can't see a keeper being on our agenda.

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

True enough mate. Did he not play for Bury here in the friendly along with Anthony Kay ?

It is strange i guess having been a first team regular for years at Crewe. Got to be Vale doing him a favour i'd reckon. Seeing as Maddison isn't even playing in the Paint Pot or whatever it is called i can't see a keeper being on our agenda.

He did indeed, think after they folded he moved on to Blackburn and now he's with us.

80% certain there's nothing more than him getting his fitness up, he'd want to much money to sit on our bench. I'd be very happy if something could be worked out however.

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Wasn't Askey questioned about Garratt in the Summer and he said exactly that - Garratt would want to be first-choice wherever he went and that he wouldn't come here to be behind Brown.

When you don’t have a job though beggars cant be choosers. 

40 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

When you don’t have a job though beggars cant be choosers. 

Good point - he would be a superb backup to Brown.

And Askey didn't seem over-enthused about Maddison when he was on trial and then subsequently signed (insinuated that Ronnie Sinclair had persuaded him to sign Maddison).

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Wasn't Askey questioned about Garratt in the Summer and he said exactly that - Garratt would want to be first-choice wherever he went and that he wouldn't come here to be behind Brown.

I'm watching Stoke V Forest and can safely say that if he applied down ST4 he would walk straight into the first choice keeper position. Butland has had one real thing to do and he messed up big time. As for federicci, or whatever his name is, he must be a total looser if he cant see off Butland.   

Archived