onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Creating a good atmosphere

Playa Amodores

3 hours ago, toyahw said:

Maybe the Steino song could be updated as a Wozzer song?

"Wozzer's not a t****r, he's got no t*****s hat,

He plays for the Vale, and he's not a f*****g t***t

He drives don't the left wing. he drives down the right,

He doesn't score that often, but Wozzer is alright."

Toyah,

Wiw there are a few expletives in that chant. I wouldn’t want to give Staffordshire’s finest the chance to start arresting fans for a section 5 public order offence. The knock on affect with it being committed in a football ground would mean a football banning order. I do like the fact that you’ve taken time to create a chant, we’ll done, but we need fans paying to get in the ground not being banned.

Advert

3 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

There is less chance to develop any players name songs now with the depressing, crappy, souless, decrepit song Glad All Over played over the tannoy. It is long overdue for goal music to be <ovf censored> off for good. It is an embarrassment clap like a seal moment. 

More people should come sit in the Bycars where you can't hear it! 

44 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Toyah,

Wiw there are a few expletives in that chant. I wouldn’t want to give Staffordshire’s finest the chance to start arresting fans for a section 5 public order offence. The knock on affect with it being committed in a football ground would mean a football banning order. I do like the fact that you’ve taken time to create a chant, we’ll done, but we need fans paying to get in the ground not being banned.

I was just modifying the  Steino chant for Wozza. A chant for Wozza you wanted right? Now whether swearing is acceptable is a separate question. But the Steino chant does involve swearing. If you want a clean version;

"Wozzer's not a bad chap, he's got no bad chap's hat,

He plays for the Vale, and he's not a naughty prat,

2 hours ago, pensioner said:

Robf - there are two small points to make  1) where would you put these noisy children who are there just to make a noise ?   The obvious place would be the Bycars - but the facilities in there are well below school standard. Railway Paddock - definate No - too much bad language and aggro . Railway stand - Maybe but at the Bycars end of it . Disabled stand is a no go ,  The old Family stand could be used but again the terrain and facilities are below school standards. Too steep for lickle legs ! so that leaves the Lorne Street - Yep thats the place to put them if only to counteract the moaners . Well that's sorted - noisy kids to the Lorne street.

2) Stoke have been doing that for years and it makes no difference. Stokes "Loud and Proud" tag is both ancient and deceased. It was OK when they first went into the premier league but the decibel level and commitment has been on a steady decline since they got rid of Tony P.  In stoke's case the only revenue increase is in the food they consume as Coates funds everything else.  If he keeps giving out free tickets it wont be long before these freebies are scaling the directors box to bite the hands that feed them !.

Someone said that the away fans create an atmosphere at the Vale - yes they do and how do they do it ?  Because they are in a big end with great facilities ? No - its because they are concentrated into a small area and not allowed to disperse across the whole Hamil end . Their noise is generated from a small area and bounces towards the pitch. The Vales noise is spread all around the other three side. Going back 50 years the crowd size was similar to what they are today and the hamil end was open but the volume of noise was about the same if not better and that was because the noise was all centred from the Bycars - Ok it was split into the "Right Side" or the less effective "Left Side" of the Tea bar but there certainly was noise generated . Even when we changed ends to the Hamil, folk gathered into a concentrated group so as to make the noise heard throughout the ground.  

At the next match just look at how the Vale staff concentrate the away fans into a noise generating section and then compare that to where the Noisiest Vale fans are - In the Railway - but not now in the Paddock but split between the Paddock and the stand .  Again spreading the noise to thinly.   The Liverpool Kop has never spread its capacity but Manchester U has totally taken away the vocal side of football by almost completely doing away with the Stretford end effect. 

At Vale away games - its the same people making the noise but they are concentrated into a smaller area !   

Get all the noisy Vale Fans in one place - play good football and that will generate a far more effective vocal support than some very young children. 

That is an opinion for what it is worth.

Hi Pensioner,

Some responses to your points made:

1. A section of the Bycars is the current family stand. I've been in it with my children and it's not great but it will do and my kids like it there. Ultimately, I would imagine the incomplete half of the Lorne St should become the family stand. I know people say it's "too close" to the away stand but compared to other, smaller stadiums there's a huge gap in that corner - there's even a bleeding great creche building which creates a handy corner barrier.

2. As for your comment on Stoke and it making "no difference" -  well, going on a tangent, their work to encourage kids is a great worry for me. They have the cash to pour money into encouraging youngster and the result will be - Vale's crowd will get the odd youngster but overall the fanbase will be ageing. After all a fair number of those kids encouraged to Stoke by cheap ticket offers will become fans. So, away from atmosphere, I think it's vitally important we try and bring more children into the Vale Park stadium.

Rob

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

I was just modifying the  Steino chant for Wozza. A chant for Wozza you wanted right? Now whether swearing is acceptable is a separate question. But the Steino chant does involve swearing. If you want a clean version;

"Wozzer's not a bad chap, he's got no bad chap's hat,

He plays for the Vale, and he's not a naughty prat,

Wozza, is a wizard, he wears a wizards hat. He plays for the Vale and he’ll make you look a prat.

He can cross from the left wing, he can cross from the right.

You won’t be able to keep up with him, if you played all bloody night.

Complete plagiarism and open to variation 

I've thought for a while we should net off a good portion of the Bycars and see if we can get that back to how it was in the mid to late 90s. Get the flag, the bags of ripped up paper and the songs for each players and build it from there. Doubt it will happen as it seems that the singers are the same ones that like to goad the away fans.

11 hours ago, glenpvfc said:

Agree about the Stein song, does my bloody head in. Singing it against teams he never played for like Mansfield, half the people singing it probably have no idea who he is or seen him play. 

You’re right there glen, I’ve heard youths / teenagers singing Stevo instead of steino.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I've thought for a while we should net off a good portion of the Bycars and see if we can get that back to how it was in the mid to late 90s. Get the flag, the bags of ripped up paper and the songs for each players and build it from there. Doubt it will happen as it seems that the singers are the same ones that like to goad the away fans.

Ive often thought that the left and right hand sections of the Bycars should be blocked off with netting or giant flags showing the clubs crest.

This would concentrate the support, stick a few 5 nil home wins and perhaps a big cup game and of course a successful campaign and the atmosphere would return to what used to be quite a rowdy place. 

Archived