Jump to content
Fosse69

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Recommended Posts

Amongst all the Lloyd bashing I really thought Legge/Brown got it wrong for their equaliser. A long deep punt, no call from Browny, Legge heads it clear with no-one within 5-10 metres of him and he's standing about 10 metres from goal....the lad picks it up, knocks in that cross and it's a point not 3. Why Browny didn't come and get it or Leggey let it run, I do not know.

We were miles better than them first half and then as you would expect they came back at us second half and we struggled to get a foothold in the game. A brilliant finish by Taylor should have given us all 3 points but we continue to drop b******s instead of closing games out.

Edited by ClntonBoulton
Spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 10 games we are one place ahead of last year on the same points.

We have shown we can be a better than last year but this is the usual time that we take stock of a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

It’s so infuriating to think where we’d be if we hadn’t conceded some of the injury time goals we have done already. I reckon we’ve done ourselves out of about 10 points already 🤬🤬🤬

4? With 1 gained last week? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some one on P&G complaining about the owners not putting money into the Vale and we have the worst defence in years.  

Some one needs a head wobble I think.  Owners have put a lot into the club and bringing it on, so disagree with that comment.  Does he want us to do a Bury and fold.

Defence, well they need to learn to stay switched on all the time and speak to each other more maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re better than this time last year as a team. We all know it and we all know we’ve thrown away arguably 4 or more points away from home through late equalisers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That one feels like a defeat but in the cold light of day tomorrow a draw will look like a fair result.

Brilliant first half apart from a lapse that let them take the lead... but from that moment  we were brilliant. Pope lead the line very well (and cane agonisingly close with a header) and our wingers had acres of space. They couldn’t handle our corners and we should have put the game away.

special mention about the atmosphere as well... it was great.

second half their sub (Harrold) changed everything and they deserved their equaliser after a period of domination.

Before Taylors wonder strike I would have guess they would go on and win it, and we scored against the run of play.

taking the lead is what made it feel like points dropped... and unfortunately the two people at fault were Brown who should have come for the cross and Legge whose header away was poor.

Many will try and blame their favourite scapegoat  but having been there and watched it unfold, and watched the reply on the feed again just, that just feels a bit lazy and boring. He was marking his man and there were 2 other vale players between him and the guy who crossed it. 

wins at home and draws away is the old mantra. Great performance, a useful point but one massive disappointment given it was in our hands. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

After 10 games we are one place ahead of last year on the same points.

We have shown we can be a better than last year but this is the usual time that we take stock of a team.

All we need is one point in the next three months and we will be better of than last year though.

We are a better, more attacking side than last year... slow and steady improvement... that’s what we all SAID we wanted. That’s what we are getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All we need is one point in the next three months and we will be better of than last year though.
We are a better, more attacking side than last year... slow and steady improvement... that’s what we all SAID we wanted. That’s what we are getting.
Very true. I think we are in a much healthier place on and off the pitch.

Wish we could win away from home though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lloyd was not the reason we threw the chance of a win today.  It was down to silly mistakes in the defence and sitting back and letting them pressure the Vale higher and higher up the pitch in the 2nd half.  We were all waiting for them to score.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Lloyd was not the reason we threw the chance of a win today.  It was down to silly mistakes in the defence and sitting back and letting them pressure the Vale higher and higher up the pitch in the 2nd half.  We were all waiting for them to score.

 

You can’t just blame the defence for sitting back. The midfield sat back and the front 3 virtually went missing and they didn’t put their defence under much pressure at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

This team has shown we can be better than mid table.

Sorry to disagree mate, but we really have not so far. We have shown we are capable of being midtable. Last two games we have taken 2 points against two really poor teams. Maybe were a bit unlucky today, but we made our own bad luck.

Last week we were played off the pitch and were lucky to get a point. That is where we are at in my opinion. 

Just had a bulb go. Must be Ryan Lloyd's fault. 

Crookes was again poor today. I wonder what percentage of our goals conceded have come down our left? He can't get up and down like Gibbo, so when he goes up he can't get back down. Not slagging the bloke, he just isn't a natural full back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Some one on P&G complaining about the owners not putting money into the Vale and we have the worst defence in years.  

Some one needs a head wobble I think.  Owners have put a lot into the club and bringing it on, so disagree with that comment.  Does he want us to do a Bury and fold.

Defence, well they need to learn to stay switched on all the time and speak to each other more maybe.

Whoever it was clearly isn’t very intelligent then I’m afraid. 

Shame that they get the ability to voice it on the radio... but hey hum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Lloyd was not the reason we threw the chance of a win today.  It was down to silly mistakes in the defence and sitting back and letting them pressure the Vale higher and higher up the pitch in the 2nd half.  We were all waiting for them to score.

 

Unfortunately mate, there are a whole lot of people who just want him to fail and have jumped on a bandwagon... it’s the cool thing to do, blame Lloyd.

They fact they are doing it for their third goal today shows that sometimes it’s just a load of rubbish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

You can’t just blame the defence for sitting back. The midfield sat back and the front 3 virtually went missing and they didn’t put their defence under much pressure at all. 

If you read it again the defence made silly mistakes and Vale let them play higher and higher up the pitch in the 2nd half.  This included all the players on the pitch - hence the Vale.  

We did not seem to know how to push them back or looked at times we ran out of energy to push them back.  We knocked balls out of defence instead of playing it out.  Hoofing the ball out just resulted in it coming back and it by passed our front and midfield players a lot of times. 

Edited by PVFC764

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Unfortunately mate, there are a whole lot of people who just want him to fail and have jumped on a bandwagon... it’s the cool thing to do, blame Lloyd.

They fact they are doing it for their third goal today shows that sometimes it’s just a load of rubbish.

Why anyone would want one of our own players to fail is beyond me 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Although i'm really disappointed not to win, I would of taken a point away from home before the game kicked off.

I wouldn't have - Orient were in a poor run of form and there for the taking with their acting manager saying he's going to step down. Thought we had a really good chance of winning with the team we put out.

Maybe we're expecting too much too soon because Arthur has made a real difference to the way we play. Yet we still have significant weaknesses tactically, it seems, particularly down our left, at full back (where Crookes is playing out of position) and left midfield. So when we come under pressure down the opposition right, which they seem to be targeting, we concede too often.

We've also conceded too many late goals, which must have a depressing effect on morale. Arthur needs to have a plan late in the game to close things down, either by adding in an extra defender or packing the midfield, or both. It doesn't feel too difficult to do to me but I'm not the manager!

Anyway, calmed down a bit after my blood pressure went off the scale and since reading the match reports from those who went - good stuff.

At least we can look forward to an easier run of games in October, though I thought today would be promising and see what happened!

UTV.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I wouldn't have - Orient were in a poor run of form and there for the taking with their acting manager saying he's going to step down. Thought we had a really good chance of winning with the team we put out.

Maybe we're expecting too much too soon because Arthur has made a real difference to the way we play. Yet we still have significant weaknesses tactically, it seems, particularly down our left, at full back (where Crookes is playing out of position) and left midfield. So when we come under pressure down the opposition right, which they seem to be targeting, we concede too often.

We've also conceded too many late goals, which must have a depressing effect on morale. Arthur needs to have a plan late in the game to close things down, either by adding in an extra defender or packing the midfield, or both. It doesn't feel too difficult to do to me but I'm not the manager!

Anyway, calmed down a bit after my blood pressure went off the scale and since reading the match reports from those who went - good stuff.

At least we can look forward to an easier run of games in October, though I thought today would be promising and see what happened!

UTV.

I'd take a point from any away game.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Caselord said:

Why anyone would want one of our own players to fail is beyond me 

No one wants a Vale player to fail at all.  Some of the players are not producing the goods at this level and I wont name them. 

This could be they are under confident and this makes them make basic errors as they are trying too hard so the fans don't boo them or they are not good enough at this level.

Some players are just not good enough at the moment, but seem to get selected each week for reasons only known to the staff and this is getting to the fans now.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy