Fosse69

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Just seen the injury update, which is pretty bad - Conlon, Cullen, Montano and Browne all definitely out with Manny and Amoo both doubtful. So it looks like another largely second string selection once you've got past the goalie and back four. No idea what Arthur will do but, judging by mid-week, we might perhaps see Burgess instead of Lloyd in a midfield diamond.

Our back up players have done pretty well so far, so let's hope for another decent performance and at least a point.

Good job we sorted out the physio!

5 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just seen the injury update, which is pretty bad - Conlon, Cullen, Montano and Browne all definitely out with Manny and Amoo both doubtful. So it looks like another largely second string selection once you've got past the goalie and back four. No idea what Arthur will do but, judging by mid-week, we might perhaps see Burgess instead of Lloyd in a midfield diamond.

Our back up players have done pretty well so far, so let's hope for another decent performance and at least a point.

Good job we sorted out the physio!

Not great news on the injury front, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see Manny start.

If he isn’t available, I imagine Askey will go something like this.

Brown

Gibbons Smith Legge Crookes

Joyce

Worrall                 Taylor

Burgess

Bennett        Archer

Seems a bit narrow, but with Archer running the channels, it would give us an outlet. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Not great news on the injury front, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see Manny start.

Brown

Joyce

Burgess

Bennett        Archer

Seems a bit narrow, but with Archer running the channels, it would give us an outlet. 

It's good to know that Askey is willing to adapt the team's formation according to who's available.

Said this from day one, variety keeps opponents guessing.

17 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Brown

Joyce

Burgess

Bennett        Archer

Pretty much spot on for me. Just depends on how Archer's shoulder is, so if he's feeling it from midweek, he might go with Pope. We might even get a goal or two from midfield with Burgess, Taylor and Worrall, which would be summat new for us!

Edited by CambridgeDon

Pope up top. Readying myself for the inevitable repeated commentary of 'ball hit long towards pope, pope beaten in the air/pope penalised for a foul'

• Thanks 1

I think it was all smoke and mirrors about manny and Amoo from askey. 

the change in this ground since I was last here is unreal with the 3 new stands.

Edited by PV1973

Hope so. Worst outcome for us would be that they've been rushed back and end up injured again. Particularly Oyeleke

I think it was all smoke and mirrors about manny and Amoo from askey. 
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Bennett hasn’t held the ball up well enough away from home so understandable decision, at home though Bennett should start.

He scored a cracking goal on Tuesday away from home so that theory is nonsense, he doesn't need to hold the ball up he is quick and flicks the ball onto other players...we need free flowing football and putting Pope in ensures exactly the opposite of that. You dont drop an attacker who is scoring goals...crazy decision

Edited by whotobeakiller

8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Bennett hasn’t held the ball up well enough away from home so understandable decision, at home though Bennett should start.

If memory serves me well Popes's record away from home is 1 penalty goal yet I seem to remember Bennett scoring from open play on two occasions - Though I may be wrong. Tom has a total of one goal and I think Bennett has 4 so far - is that right ?    Percentages would seem to say that "Holding the Ball Up" is better than actually scoring. Strange to me - but again I may be proven wrong, so come on Tom - do what you are remembered for - Score.

• Like 2

Defence asleep and they have scored already.  Smith what where you doing?  Their first attempt at goal as well.

Come on Vale.  

Edited by PVFC764

Should have kept my mouth shut

Hope so. Worst outcome for us would be that they've been rushed back and end up injured again. Particularly Oyeleke

Manny off by the looks of it.  Great start all round by the looks of it.  Please not replaced with Lloyd - no Burgess coming on.

Come on Vale.  Game to win now.