onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Unfortunately mate, there are a whole lot of people who just want him to fail and have jumped on a bandwagon... it’s the cool thing to do, blame Lloyd.

They fact they are doing it for their third goal today shows that sometimes it’s just a load of rubbish.

Why anyone would want one of our own players to fail is beyond me 

Advert

3 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Although i'm really disappointed not to win, I would of taken a point away from home before the game kicked off.

I wouldn't have - Orient were in a poor run of form and there for the taking with their acting manager saying he's going to step down. Thought we had a really good chance of winning with the team we put out.

Maybe we're expecting too much too soon because Arthur has made a real difference to the way we play. Yet we still have significant weaknesses tactically, it seems, particularly down our left, at full back (where Crookes is playing out of position) and left midfield. So when we come under pressure down the opposition right, which they seem to be targeting, we concede too often.

We've also conceded too many late goals, which must have a depressing effect on morale. Arthur needs to have a plan late in the game to close things down, either by adding in an extra defender or packing the midfield, or both. It doesn't feel too difficult to do to me but I'm not the manager!

Anyway, calmed down a bit after my blood pressure went off the scale and since reading the match reports from those who went - good stuff.

At least we can look forward to an easier run of games in October, though I thought today would be promising and see what happened!

UTV.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I wouldn't have - Orient were in a poor run of form and there for the taking with their acting manager saying he's going to step down. Thought we had a really good chance of winning with the team we put out.

Maybe we're expecting too much too soon because Arthur has made a real difference to the way we play. Yet we still have significant weaknesses tactically, it seems, particularly down our left, at full back (where Crookes is playing out of position) and left midfield. So when we come under pressure down the opposition right, which they seem to be targeting, we concede too often.

We've also conceded too many late goals, which must have a depressing effect on morale. Arthur needs to have a plan late in the game to close things down, either by adding in an extra defender or packing the midfield, or both. It doesn't feel too difficult to do to me but I'm not the manager!

Anyway, calmed down a bit after my blood pressure went off the scale and since reading the match reports from those who went - good stuff.

At least we can look forward to an easier run of games in October, though I thought today would be promising and see what happened!

UTV.

I'd take a point from any away game.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

8 minutes ago, Caselord said:

Why anyone would want one of our own players to fail is beyond me 

No one wants a Vale player to fail at all.  Some of the players are not producing the goods at this level and I wont name them. 

This could be they are under confident and this makes them make basic errors as they are trying too hard so the fans don't boo them or they are not good enough at this level.

Some players are just not good enough at the moment, but seem to get selected each week for reasons only known to the staff and this is getting to the fans now.

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Brilliant substitution by Askey.

Brings on Lloyd and they equalise from from a right wing cross.

When will Askey realise Lloyd needs sending out on loan to Kidsgrove or Leek.

We could have signed Durrell but he signs Lethargic Lloyd.

I know what you mean, Ernie. Lloyd was to blame for those first to goals as well 

I know that this going to be an unpopular opinion, but how anyone can say gibbo should be player of the season is beyond me.

I don't think he's particularly bad, but he makes bad decisions, gives away possession alot and is caught out positionally. Going forward he's a threat, but going back I find him to be suspect.

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

Brisley on the bench and he brings on Lloyd.

Last week it was Bennett on the bench and he brings on Lloyd.

Is there a pattern here?

All the Lloyd lovers hiding again this week.

Must have missed your post against Macc , oh you didn’t post because we won that game . Your only posts are to slag someone off. True Vale fan .AGAIN.

Vale will be the death of me I'm certain. After conceding in the first five minutes after leaving an attacker with the freedom of the East End, we were brilliant for the rest of the first half and throughly deserved to be in front at half time. Could we keep it up and get a comfortable away win? Of course not. This is Vale but in fairness Orient stepped it up in the second half and equalised with a fine finish after a poor clearing header from Crookes. Orient were on top now but didn't force much out of Brown. Taylor's beauty looked to have won the points but I think Brown's got to take most of the blame for the equaliser. He has to dominate his box but how the cross came in and why the forward was one on one in the box needs to be looked at.

A draw was the fair result but yet again away from home we concede a preventable goal in the last minute which has cost us the win. All in all, we are what we are, a mid table team which is much better than say a team with two points all season who's deluded manager still thinks they are a good team.

41 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I know that this going to be an unpopular opinion, but how anyone can say gibbo should be player of the season is beyond me.

I don't think he's particularly bad, but he makes bad decisions, gives away possession alot and is caught out positionally. Going forward he's a threat, but going back I find him to be suspect.

Apart from his mistake at Newport the right hand side has been pretty solid. Show me a player who doesn’t give the ball away. Admittedly today in the second half today he made maybe 3 runs and had no support from the midfield or forwards and lost it and ran into a dead end. But in those situations what can a player do? I think on another he played it inside to Bennet who did a dummy that anyone saw coming and he lost it. Also as a full back the easy ball is the line and we worked that well first half. Right back is the least of our troubles. If any of the full backs it’s the job of a midfielder to full his space.

43 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Generally his defense has been good. And he offers a lot going forward. But I can see why you say that. My answer is that he does a lot. So if you do a lot you are more likely to do something great or to screw up. On balance he's done more of the former than the latter for me.

17 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Generally his defense has been good. And he offers a lot going forward. But I can see why you say that. My answer is that he does a lot. So if you do a lot you are more likely to do something great or to screw up. On balance he's done more of the former than the latter for me.

He doesn't hide does he and as a young lad learning his trade he will make mistakes.........he reminds me of a more cultured Colin Tarrt from the 70's!

What a goal Jake Taylor but yet again we concede a late goal ,haven’t seen any of their goals and have no wish to do so but it’s very alarming we are conceding so many goals away from home .

Great that we are having many different goalscorers .

Disappointing that I hear that once Gibbons was stopped by there clever manager that we lost momentum and Orient alledgedly were the better side thereafter.

Gotta be happy with a point away but not when you are winning with injury time being played 93rd minute Vale all they had to do was every player do there jobs but they didn’t and defensively we continue to give teams a leg up and hope when really you press harder when you winning .

Its like Stoke they let Notts Forest into there box 5 times last night and were punished 3 times .

We are dopey it’s as simple as that.

That away following and Taylor’s mega strike (world class )deserved better 

Im not trying to jump down the lads neck. He's a good prospect but he's got a lot to learn. He just needs to learn to ease up abit, he could easily have been sent off for his tackle on Danny Mayor, he mouthed off to Bishop on Saturday which could have caused trouble, he caused a fight today which he got carded for.

In my opinion he's on a par with Crooks in terms of his development. Steady lads who could push on. Unlikely Crooks there's a side to him that gets him in trouble every game.

Archived