Early predictions for player of the season.

Playa Amodores

Well we’re almost a quarter of the way through the season, where has that time gone.

it might be a bit premature but who would you say have been our best players, in with a chance of being named player of the year. I’ve put my suggestion in alphabetical order, you may have your own thoughts, fell free to add them.

Brown, Smith, Legg and Worrall. To think I’ve picked four when the last two seasons it’s been Brown, closely followed by Pope. Shows now that there’s some quality in the squad and I’ve not mentioned any of the players, currently out injured, who will make a big impact on their return.

MPVGA

Advert:

For me, I'm enjoying Gibbons and Smith while Amoo has definitely added another factor upfront. I'd also agree that the veterans (Brown and Legge) at the back have had good starts too.

However, I do think Worrall has been outstanding. His energy levels are incredible. Worrall just ahead of Gibbons for me.

Advert:

On what i've seen so far, its Gibbons with a short lead over Amoo, Legge, and Worrall. If Worrall could add some goals to his game, then he would be a stronger contender. I also like that Smith has found his scoring touch again. At least this season, it wont be a one horse race.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

For me it's Worrall, I think he could easily be playing league 1 football.

Definitely a contender, he was a cracking signing from Millwall, whom he had just helped get promoted from L1 to the Championship, & he'd played the majority of his football prior to us in L1 too, so it's no big surprise really. Always really liked him, one of my current favourites, & did my head in the way he was used (or rather not) whilst Aspin was here.

Amoo and Wozzer have been a joy to watch so far this season but I’d choose Legge or Smith. Overall the 2 centre halves, along with Brown, have been the most consistent performers in the majority of games which I’ve seen, but Smith would edge it for me because of his goals.

Advert:

Advert:

Archived