Sign in to follow this  
rider1308

Club Finances update?

Reading comments on the forum seems after the first 11-14 first team squad members we are a bit thin on the ground, just wondering if we could get an update from the the owners regards the latest financials state of the club, ie areas of the  business they are focusing eg ground improvements/corporate and if subsequently  if there is any money in the pot to strength the squad in the near future. 

3 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Reading comments on the forum seems after the first 11-14 first team squad members we are a bit thin on the ground, just wondering if we could get an update from the the owners regards the latest financials state of the club, ie areas of the  business they are focusing eg ground improvements/corporate and if subsequently  if there is any money in the pot to strength the squad in the near future. 

The seasons hardly begun, maybe it’s a bit early to be expecting this just yet?

We certainly don’t want to be broadcasting what, if any, money we have in the pot for future transfers, that’d be madness.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I thought it strange that I think it was Mike Baggaley mentioned finances the other day. Apparently we went to Exeter on the day and then returned in the early hours and cost cutting was questioned. Also I read in Derek I think that parts of the ground were closed as in the Smurf days v Burton, leading to a lower gate than expected. Who knows?

8 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Also I read in Derek I think that parts of the ground were closed as in the Smurf days v Burton, leading to a lower gate than expected. Who knows?

Which match were parts of the ground closed ?

31 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

I thought it strange that I think it was Mike Baggaley mentioned finances the other day. Apparently we went to Exeter on the day and then returned in the early hours and cost cutting was questioned.

It's more of a deliberate thing for the EFL to schedule certain big trips on midweeks instead of Saturdays.

The rationale behind it is that it saves the cost of an overnight stay. It might defecate on the fans a bit but since when have the people running the game ever cared about them?

its all well and good saving a few quid on an overnight stay, but they still spend money by stopping at a hotel on the way to these games for their pre match meal and sometimes even afternoon rooms for the players to relax. But the issue is the fatigue that a long coach trip on the day brings for those long trips away, that should take priority. 

In some ways we are fortunate being in the middle of England when the likes of Exeter and Carlisle must have more long trips than us, Exeter have a midweek trip to Scunthorpe coming up so can hardly avoid a hotel stop over.

They also think that away fans numbers will not be affected much. Eg more fans will go to Oldham on a Saturday than would go to Exeter on a Saturday. Therefore it would make more sense to play Exeter on the Tuesday than Oldham, if that makes sense

I don't think we have a pot to piss in due to Mr Smurthwaite ripping the new owners off. See their held to ransom comments. What I do believe is that now every penny we pay into the club goes into the club. Not into some crook's back pocket. So personally I spend with the club as much as possible. Knowing where it is going.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, dono said:

They also think that away fans numbers will not be affected much. Eg more fans will go to Oldham on a Saturday than would go to Exeter on a Saturday. Therefore it would make more sense to play Exeter on the Tuesday than Oldham, if that makes sense

Made this point before myself. I've now been to every ground in this League. Would it bother me if Colchester, Crawley, Exeter or Stevenage were on a Tuesday ? NOPE.

Would it bother me if Salford, Macc, Oldham, Mansfield were on a Tuesday YES.

Can't speak for everyone as we all have differing reasons for going to places. But some grounds now they are ticked off i will not attend again unless it is opening day or last game job. 

Personally give me easier accesible games at the weekend and the horrible trips in midweek.

Maybe i'm selfish, just offering my perspective 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2019 at 14:43, toyahw said:

I don't think we have a pot to piss in due to Mr Smurthwaite ripping the new owners off. See their held to ransom comments. What I do believe is that now every penny we pay into the club goes into the club. Not into some crook's back pocket. So personally I spend with the club as much as possible. Knowing where it is going.

Hang on. The new owners took the club on and stated they had the money personally to complete the deal. It was set aside. Nothing to do with Smurthwaite.

1 hour ago, Diko1876 said:

Interest added to the loan from Smurthwaite should new owners decide on extending terms. 

What you going on about? Why should terms be extended? Who are you ? 

2 hours ago, Diko1876 said:

Hang on. The new owners took the club on and stated they had the money personally to complete the deal. It was set aside. Nothing to do with Smurthwaite.

Then why are you worried

2 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

What you going on about? Why should terms be extended? Who are you ? 

I'm with you on that Cavalier !  I think mother left the cooking sherry low down this morning and someone got there hands on it.