Fosse69

Match Thread: EFL Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Good summary, & said this last night about Lloyd, he'll likely have zero confidence, so with people always on his back (warranted or not), it's probably not going to help

Yeah the assassination 100% can’t have helped.

No one expected him to pull up any trees, and he was always going to be squad filler ... but the vitriolic attack of the poor bloke from day one seems to have sucked any confidence out of the lad at all.

Well done those that set out to make it clear he wasn’t welcome, would be hounded from day one and would be jeered if everything he tried didn’t come off perfectly. Wonderful environment to come and play in.

• Like 9

The first half was like a training game. Poor goal to concede being caught over the top, but Kennedy had a dodgy first half I thought. Great goal from Burgess to level it up. Thought Bennet should have done better from a good cross from Gibbons in that first half too. Second half was totally different we looked the only team likely to win it. Taylor and Burgess showed some real energy in midfield that could be vital to put the opposite under pressure when we press. It was a very good finish from Taylor too for the third goal. Nice to see manny get on the pitch, I’d be starting him on Saturday and putting Worrall wide right.

lloyd is getting a lot of comments, I was at the game so didn’t hear bowers comments, but it doesn’t surprise as I think he’s a terrible commentator, can’t help but say the first thing that comes in his head when something goes wrong. Lloyd did a lot of simple stuff wrong, as did others, he did some stuff right too. But the lad is on a hiding to nothing and he clearly isn’t liked, he was getting stick for stuff that wasn’t his fault at time. Crucially he isn’t quick enough to help out the left back and he isn’t quick enough to trouble a full back when going forwards, so I don’t know where his position is on the pitch. But Burgess should be in front of him. The problem is balance in the team, as we have no other left footer to play there with other players out injured. I thought their second goal was poor too, a player with a left foot like that should have been shown the line rather than inside. But we came away with a win and some positives, Bennet did well holding it up and bringing others in, manny and archer on the pitch, game time for brisley and Burgess, Taylor would have got confidence from that and Gibbons looked more mobile than he did last Saturday after his injury as well. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Watching on iPlayer I thought Lloyd was poor second half. I'd agree he had a ok second half. Unlucky not to score. Brisley was much better than Kennedy, who looked out of it all game.

Big plus was Burgess who looked to have a lot about him and Brisley.

Just watched the highlights - three good goals, i thought, and nice to see us shooting from distance instead of the Vale habit of trying to walk the ball in the net! Wish people would leave Lloyd alone - his confidence is never going to be high if we pack him off on loan just because some cretin(s) decides to keep having a pop at him! If the team gets a few players back and starts winning more games, some of that confidence might rub off on him?

2 hours ago, JRC said:

... I thought Lloyd was poor second half. I'd agree he had a ok second half.

He hasn't got much chance with that kind of comment, though!

• Like 1

As this thread has been resurrected...what do we all think of Bennett's goal and how we would have known he was going to be dropped for the next two games??!!

6 goals in the two mentioned games suggests it wasn’t a bad decision
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/09/2019 at 21:10, LancyTony said:

He hasn't got much chance with that kind of comment, though!

So if the guy DOES have a bad game (like this one), we're not allowed to say it? Even the commentators said he had a real stinker, and they almost never single out a player. 

He had a decent finish at the start of the 2. half, but other than that, he had his worst game yet. I'm not on the 'why did we sign him' train, he's by no means my go to fall guy AT ALL. As long as he does well when he plays, I don't give a toss. 

But I'm sorry to say; he had an absolute stinker in this one, and it was clear for all to see!

20 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

6 goals in the two mentioned games suggests it wasn’t a bad decision

....and 4 points out of a potential 6 says it was the right decision too. 

On 09/10/2019 at 18:48, Danish Valiant said:

So if the guy DOES have a bad game (like this one), we're not allowed to say it?

READ the post I quoted...not just look at it...actually read it?