Jump to content

What TV shows are you watching?


Recommended Posts

On 20/03/2020 at 22:03, boslemportvale91 said:

Anyone recommend a good football movie or tv show to watch ? 

Need to get my football fix somewhere. 

there's only one jimmy grimble is first on the list.

I can recommend the Sheffield Utd podcast on YouTube,One Of Our Own.

Just watched the Chris Wilder podcast where he talks very highly of Micky Adam's.The Chris Morgan and Billy Sharpe are also good watches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do any of you watch / re-watch the Thick of It? It's one of our favourite shows and we can literally watch it dozens of times...

It is one of my favourite retro go to series.... the tune bugs me though.... I know it but can't remember it at the same time.... I can play it in my head but when I try to vocalist it it comes out gi

If you like half hour comedies, This Country is on iPlayer. It's a bit like The Office style documentary but is following life in rural England. I'm half way through S1 at the moment. 

Posted Images

On 20/03/2020 at 18:03, boslemportvale91 said:

Anyone recommend a good football movie or tv show to watch ? 

Need to get my football fix somewhere. 

there's only one jimmy grimble is first on the list.

Some great stuff on Brian Clough on Youtube. his life story etc, an hilarious  short  video of when He/Forest tried to sign Dean Saunders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maradona film is worth a watch

The English Game not so much 

Non football worth a watch is the Tiger King on Netflix. Absolutely wild entertainment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a  Beeb drama based on the Alex Higgins/Steve Davis rivalry. I think for some reason it was only released on line. I thought it was very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVznA24y-A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Some great stuff on Brian Clough on Youtube. his life story etc, an hilarious  short  video of when He/Forest tried to sign Dean Saunders.

The Denis Law story is a good watch on YouTube as is the Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright interview.Some stunning goals in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, For Us All said:

The Denis Law story is a good watch on YouTube as is the Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright interview.Some stunning goals in that.

I've seen them FUA and am "spacing" them out to watch in the future. Watched some Sunday league Football the other day, heaven it was brutal and hilarious at the same time.

There's some great stuff on Youtube, best international teams, The 1970 Brazilians, 72 German team, 74 Dutch et etc, brings back memories. The video of the worst ever English 11 is a cracker, Carlton Palmer, John Fashanu, some of the goalkeepers etc.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2020 at 02:49, Paul6754 said:

I've seen them FUA and am "spacing" them out to watch in the future. Watched some Sunday league Football the other day, heaven it was brutal and hilarious at the same time.

There's some great stuff on Youtube, best international teams, The 1970 Brazilians, 72 German team, 74 Dutch et etc, brings back memories. The video of the worst ever English 11 is a cracker, Carlton Palmer, John Fashanu, some of the goalkeepers etc.

Another one you might be interested in on YouTube Paul is Under The Cosh with Stephen McPhee.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

If you can deal with subtitles, 'Money Heist' on Netflix is a Spanish show that's about what you'd expect it to be about.

Absolutely brilliant. I rarely binge-watch but I'm flying through it. Proper good, well-written show.

Without wanting to sound like an alternative, prententious fool, another foreign show which is well worth the effort is 'Dark'. German, murder mystery with some mind-bending elements to up. Will properly affect you.

You can put English dubs on these shows but they obviously don't match up with the movement of the actor's mouths; I just have the audio in the original language and then the English subtitles on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If you can deal with subtitles, 'Money Heist' on Netflix is a Spanish show that's about what you'd expect it to be about.

Absolutely brilliant. I rarely binge-watch but I'm flying through it. Proper good, well-written show.

Without wanting to sound like an alternative, prententious fool, another foreign show which is well worth the effort is 'Dark'. German, murder mystery with some mind-bending elements to up. Will properly affect you.

You can put English dubs on these shows but they obviously don't match up with the movement of the actor's mouths; I just have the audio in the original language and then the English subtitles on.

Also on Netflix.For the older gentleman,The Kominsky Method.Made me laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2020 at 02:49, Paul6754 said:

I've seen them FUA and am "spacing" them out to watch in the future. Watched some Sunday league Football the other day, heaven it was brutal and hilarious at the same time.

There's some great stuff on Youtube, best international teams, The 1970 Brazilians, 72 German team, 74 Dutch et etc, brings back memories. The video of the worst ever English 11 is a cracker, Carlton Palmer, John Fashanu, some of the goalkeepers etc.

Another good watch Paul is Jermaine Defoe's transfer talk interview on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2020 at 07:52, For Us All said:

Another good watch Paul is Jermaine Defoe's transfer talk interview on YouTube.

Thanks FUA, I'll give it a watch. Watched "Geoff Horfield, Undr the Cosh" first 30 mins, might even been an hour, were about Gannongate, it was enlightening. Have looked for all the Undr the Cosh videos featuring former Vale players they're entertaining. The Steven McPhee one was god.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

  • 4 weeks later...
On 21/04/2020 at 18:05, Joe B said:

If you can deal with subtitles, 'Money Heist' on Netflix is a Spanish show that's about what you'd expect it to be about.

Absolutely brilliant. I rarely binge-watch but I'm flying through it. Proper good, well-written show.

Without wanting to sound like an alternative, prententious fool, another foreign show which is well worth the effort is 'Dark'. German, murder mystery with some mind-bending elements to up. Will properly affect you.

You can put English dubs on these shows but they obviously don't match up with the movement of the actor's mouths; I just have the audio in the original language and then the English subtitles on.

I thought Money Heist was excellent as well and was only beaten by Breaking Bad for binge-watching.

I'm watching Cobra Kai at the moment,a follow up from The Karate Kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2020 at 22:04, Paul6754 said:

Thanks FUA, I'll give it a watch. Watched "Geoff Horfield, Undr the Cosh" first 30 mins, might even been an hour, were about Gannongate, it was enlightening. Have looked for all the Undr the Cosh videos featuring former Vale players they're entertaining. The Steven McPhee one was god.

Another good watch for you on YouTube Paul is Michael Tonge on Full Core Football 24,who talks about is time at both Vale and Stoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy