What TV shows are you watching?

robf

Advert:

Another one worth a look (although as far from The Capture as it's possible to be) is State of the Union on BBC2 Sunday nights. It's a married couple's conversations in a pub immediately prior to their marriage counselling sessions. Each episode is just 10-12 minutes so there's no padding out. It's better than I've just made it sound!

Advert:

35 minutes ago, geosname said:

I've gone retro...... danger man and the prisoner.... how times have changed.

Oooh Geo, The Prisoner ! The finest and most cleverly written series ever without doubt ! Patrick McGoohan was a genius to come up with that plot. Still go regularly to Portmerion. I watch the series regularly on Video and although I can virtually act every episode I never tire of it ! How can you tire of  fantastic writing, genius and for its time originality. The “Schizoid Man” episode should have won an award on its own ! Genius. Pure genius ! The “Hammer Into Anvil” episode is not far behind. Nothing, but nothing, can compare to “The Prisoner” 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Oooh Geo, The Prisoner ! The finest and most cleverly written series ever without doubt ! Patrick McGoohan was a genius to come up with that plot. Still go regularly to Portmerion. I watch the series regularly on Video and although I can virtually act every episode I never tire of it ! How can you tire of  fantastic writing, genius and for its time originality. The “Schizoid Man” episode should have won an award on its own ! Genius. Pure genius ! The “Hammer Into Anvil” episode is not far behind. Nothing, but nothing, can compare to “The Prisoner” 

It is one of my favourite retro go to series.... the tune bugs me though.... I know it but can't remember it at the same time.... I can play it in my head but when I try to vocalist it it comes out gibberish. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Advert:

On 19/09/2019 at 12:38, The man in the pub said:

Watching the Capture Rob on normal TV, well worth a view. Its 3 episodes in and twists galore.

Thank you for that. We are watching and enjoying that series. 

• 1 month later...
Advert:

On 24/11/2019 at 20:49, Jacko51 said:

Did any of you watch "Cold Call" on Channel 5?  Bloody frightening!

Only caught about half of it whilst parents were watching, but seems pretty good. Worth a watch anyway. I would have tried to view it all but I have so much on my list to see it's probably going to take some getting around to & didn't really have time.