onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town.

Fosse69

Reading a few things about Lloyd. Both sides have decent points. Sadly though it was embarrassing watching him yesterday. Just not good enough for league football. Main reason is he hasn’t got the heart for it. We have seen a few of these players over the years. May have a nice touch occasionally may play a nice ball occasionally but doesn’t add up to being able to play league football. Use Sam Kelly as a recent example, good ability, had a wonder goal in him but never a league footballer in a month of Sunday’s. I actually feel sorry for him, he shouldn’t be put in this position. Shouldn’t have been bought on yesterday. Should have been Bennett from the off. Don’t mind having him about but in the league he is a late sub to waste time, nothing more really. 

Advert

Mansfield optimise everything that is wrong with professional football. Diving, cheating, time-wasting, trying to get opponents booked. Scum. I'd love to see their deluded idiot of a manager sacked. 

I thought we did ok at times. I'd love to see Ryan Lloyd play well, prove everybody wrong and become a fans favourite. Sadly, he looks some way off the level required at the moment! 

Didn’t go yesterday as pick and choose the games I attend .

So seeing how the game panned out on sporting life it seemed that on goal attempts that Mansfield were by far the better side so to get a point was very good if not deserved better to play poorly and draw than well and lose .

Seen the goals first goal for Vale a very well worked goal and finished well by Cullen .

Second goal another set piece so well done on the work what’s going on the training ground .

The penalty is a ridiculous decision but sometimes you get dodgy decisions like Amoo v Shrewsbury so swings and roundabouts.

A point is better than none so happy that the fans who did attend had a nice ending to a poor display.

UTV 

Play badly and get a point is not a bad thing at all. The desire, effort and work rate the majority of them showed to grind that out is a good thing too. The injuries, players playing whilst not fully fit and picking a system to get around this is a bit of problem though. Hopefully players become available again and we can get back to normal. 

I think that this spate of injuries could well help the manager have a clearer idea of what we need to do come the January window and even the next window after that too. 

2 hours ago, bomber said:

I can agree with a lot of whats been said in this thread, I would add Cullen had a good first half but I was very disappointed with him in the second half being caught out off side a number of times once by ten yards ! There was a real avenue to exploit against two slow centre halves . Anybody with a bit of pace down the centre will cause all sorts of problems for them. We were deffo off the pace today hit by injuries a very poor ref but we still got a point , so we are showing some fight and determination so for me happy we got a point .  

Cullen will come good if he gets a chance to get fit. He has only made 2 starts this season so is playing catch up. Scored goals in League 1 and League 2 last season so he knows where the net is.

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

One last point, and I don’t know if anyone else noticed this, was that at one period during the second half the singing and noise level from the Railway really cranked up a notch, with the fans in the other home stands responding.  This seemed quite spontaneous, and, from where I sit in the Bycars, was really noticeable. It’d be great if we could get this going at future home games. 👍

An example of Synergy, I think we had an attempt at goal which seemed to lift the atmosphere when the players had been tiring, the pace seemed to lift a little.. Noticeable in mid Railway when part of the Railway stopped singing from the rest of the ground, whereas usually   the main sound is from the Singers end.. Crowd noise  is something that Askey has mentioned a few times lately.  Volume triggered usually by a positive attacking move, but more difficult in quiet spells, it must be a welcome boost for tired legs towards the end of a game.. 

their no 6 bishop I think, was playing the paddock, and was kicking the ball away, and when they got the second we put the ball on the spot and it got kicked away twice and the liner was right opposite didn't Popey get booked for kicking the ball away?. Monty should we presevere with him hes good when he plays but he does not finish many games so we are wasting a sub, against Plymouth he had to carry on the other injuries beat him to it...

15 hours ago, Warren said:

Cullen is a much better player than Miller who he has replaced. When Cullen, Worrall and Pope get playing together with Gibbo behind they can play some really good stuff. Cullen is not quite back to match fitness, but he is excellent in the box.

Just watched the highlights and Cullen's goal was really well taken. The ball came to him very quickly but, with Mansfield players all around him, he managed to get his shot off on target and in it went. We've lacked a player who can take half chances in the box for a very long time and I just hope he gets more playing time. Difficult to see though, once Manny and Amoo are back, how he would fit in.

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

their no 6 bishop I think, was playing the paddock, and was kicking the ball away, and when they got the second we put the ball on the spot and it got kicked away twice and the liner was right opposite didn't Popey get booked for kicking the ball away?. Monty should we presevere with him hes good when he plays but he does not finish many games so we are wasting a sub, against Plymouth he had to carry on the other injuries beat him to it...

Askey doesn't seem to like using his subs really, though with all the injuries recently he's had no option but to use them. Usually though he's happy to use 1 or 2 at most if the first eleven remain fit.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Red card for the stamp on Cullen’s shin??

A proper referee would agree with you!

Unfortunately all of those are busy helping the premier league with their VAR decisions leaving us with a bunch of prematurely promoted amateur refs who all seem to have egos that far outweigh their ability! 

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

A proper referee would agree with you!

Unfortunately all of those are busy helping the premier league with their VAR decisions leaving us with a bunch of prematurely promoted amateur refs who all seem to have egos that far outweigh their ability! 

but they must still be evaluated and scored in every match, but it must be a closed shop affair, if I remember right only one has been downgraded a few seasons ago... anyway its not only us that gets the numptys both cwho and the sh*t claim they have them...plus the other 89 teams.

Archived