onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Same amount of goal attempts as them and tens mins go sounds like they changed there system and won the game .

Away from home is not pretty reading it’s a shame we do not put free coaches on as we need all our home support going away games .

We certainly by 80 mins deserved something but a game last for 90 and two goals conceded would suggest a lack of mental strength as the game drew to a conclusion.

Very disappointing.

Its Exeter though and we see to have a bad time v them always 

3 minutes ago, inner sanctum said:

In the end though it was more than just a moment of skill that was the difference between us wasn't it?

What does anyone expect with the number of first choice players we have out at the moment? I'm not surprised we struggled. Hopefully one or more back Saturday. 

Always disappointing to concede late on but I thought if we could get six points from the Newport, Plymouth, Exeter and Mansfield games it would be a good return and it’s still achievable. After Saturday most of our upcoming games are against teams in the lower half of the league so hopefully we can push on.

Disappointing to loose conceding goals late in the game away from home again...can't help thinking what might have been so far with late goals at Salford,Newport and now Exeter. If we can just cut out these small lapses in concentration...

From the commentary sounded like we gave a good account of ourselves with a patchwork team but just listened to Carl on P&G ...please give your head a wobble. We are a million times better than last season!

Thought we could have nicked something there, we defended well and rode our luck at times. Turning point was that right winger that came on, he looked better than the one that went off. Gets the better of Crookes twice and 2 goals come from it.  Arguably Brown could have done better with the first but I'd need to see it back properly and maybe Kennedy could have done better too for the second, maybe that’s harsh if he’s getting that as on og though. The key to them winning was bringing on 2 decent wingers at this level, we didn’t have that luxury at all and could only change it really with our centre forwards when it was our approach play that was lacking a bit today. I doubt much will be different Saturday as I can’t see Amoo being fit if it was indeed a hamstring injury that he had. Overall a good battling performance under the circumstances, maybe a bit hard on them to be too critical. Anyway, it’s a long miserable journey back now, the FA need to have a word with themselves for allowing long midweek trips like this. 

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Thought we could have nicked something there, we defended well and rode our luck at times. Turning point was that right winger that came on, he looked better than the one that went off. Gets the better of Crookes twice and 2 goals come from it.  Arguably Brown could have done better with the first but I'd need to see it back properly and maybe Kennedy could have done better too for the second, maybe that’s harsh if he’s getting that as on og though. The key to them winning was bringing on 2 decent wingers at this level, we didn’t have that luxury at all and could only change it really with our centre forwards when it was our approach play that was lacking a bit today. I doubt much will be different Saturday as I can’t see Amoo being fit if it was indeed a hamstring injury that he had. Overall a good battling performance under the circumstances, maybe a bit hard on them to be too critical. Anyway, it’s a long miserable journey back now, the FA need to have a word with themselves for allowing long midweek trips like this. 

Maybe I was watching a different game, yes it was a patched up team but I thought it was backs to the wall stuff for virtually 90 mins. Never looked like scoring although Cullen had a half chance right at the death. Kennedy looked ok in place of Gibbo but without the attacking threat of Gibbo.Monty tried, but that’s about it.

Archived