onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

51 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Under the circumstances a bit of a free hit this one. If we get anything it will be a bonus. Tomo, our away record under Aspin was pretty good. 

It was ok now & again. When he first arrived that patch between Oct-Dec was great & we played some really good stuff, but after that the away form in the league until he left was L, L, L, L, L, D, D, D, D, D, L, L, L, L, D, W, L, W, D, L, W, D, D, D, W, D. 23 points from 78, & we were dreadful for quite a lot of that (unfortunately I witnessed the majority of those).

But never mind that, agree with it being a free hit, & there's just about enough depth in our squad to cover a decent enough starting 11 for this game (although any more injuries tomorrow & we're struggling). Is Manny ready yet or not? If not, I don't see the point in rushing him back for a game like this, just to get injured again.

Advert

I think of the injured players, the only one I can see being a big miss will be Worrall if he isn't fit.

If Worrall can come back, and potentially Manny, there's no reason we can't get a point at least here.

Browne appears a more than adequate replacement for Amoo on Saturdays showing. Lloyd for Evans on the bench and Manny for Conlon, we should be fine.

I’m quite positive about this fixture as most ppl are expecting us to get nothing. I’m sure JA will put out a team that will challenge for everything.

Yes we have injuries but we saw how the players who came on Saturday reacted to getting onto the pitch. I’d have thought that now that they’ve got their chance then they wouldn’t want to lose it to the players coming back from injury. I’m not a fan of one up front but Exeter are top of the league but have only scored 12 goals in 8 league games and have conceded 6, so not free scoring or solid in defence. Let’s just not give them chance to push it around and close them down quickly. Good luck lads

37 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Heard yesterday that we potentially have picked up more than the 3 obvious injuries from Saturday. I’m not going to say who but we’ll see later if  that’s the case. We could be a bit threadbare tonight. 

Makes it even more ironic to have heard the Plymouth fans singing you dirty Northern b**t**ds considering our injuries from that game. 

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Heard yesterday that we potentially have picked up more than the 3 obvious injuries from Saturday. I’m not going to say who but we’ll see later if  that’s the case. We could be a bit threadbare tonight. 

I would guess at Worrall who was really struggling at the end of the game saturday

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Makes it even more ironic to have heard the Plymouth fans singing you dirty Northern b**t**ds considering our injuries from that game. 

To be fair it wasn't a dirty game. Didn't realise Pugh was still registered to play. Can't afford another injury tonight as Kevan has put on a few pounds and Askey is past his prime. Maybe we needed a bit more quantity over quality in the summer? More seriously hope players go out and grab their chances.

Archived