onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Follow that performance with  a long trip to Exeter in mid-week, but what is there to fear? Injuries mounting,  but up to now the bench has provided replacements. Signs of a squad knitting together, playing to a plan and for each other. Players also  keener to hold onto their places in a winning team than when things are not so good. If possible keep the same side and hope that substitutes are for tactical reasons? End of September should give us some idea of our progress, after yesterday it could well be better than what we expected.  However one match at a time our first away win and the Grecians first defeat will keep the smiles on our faces, I am enjoying it.

Advert

Be interesting to see what side we can put out, as it stands:

Injured Evans, Amoo and Conlon, Archer

Carrying knocks might not play Worrall, Oyeleke

Plus 4 players out on loan.

Might be easy to pick a squad as we may be down to 18 fit players.

17 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I just hope the usual suspects on here show a bit of restraint if we lose.

Agreed.....Tuesday will be hard after the efforts of Saturday the boys covered some ground covering every blade of grass,Plymouth looked knackered at the end , we dont know who's out injured yet and we dont know who might be carrying a knock, I think a draw would be a brilliant result.

The options for midfield on Tuesday are looking very thin. If Worrall, Conlon, Evans and Manny are still out, it probably leaves us with Lloyd and Burgess, who clearly isn't ready if Arthur's thoughts on sending him out on loan are anything to go by. It did cross my mind though as to whether Kennedy might be pressed into service, so I looked him up on wiki where it says "Kennedy is a right-footed left-sided centre-half, who can also play with his left-foot and at left-back, right-back or as a central defensive midfielder. Port Vale manager John Askey described him as a "footballing centre-half" who combined athletic ability with composure on the ball."

Could be a surprising choice if we're really stuck.

Toughest game of the season so far... due to the opposition, distance to travel mid week and injuries to contend with.

I think this will be a game too far and I’m not holding out much hope of getting anything out of it.

As mentioned by others... that will at least give some of OVFs more negative posters to have a say after yesterday’s brilliant performance!

Very difficult game. That said they have needed last minute goals at home to get a win v Macc and salvage a draw on Saturday against Orient. ( Sign of a good team usually ).

Probably wouldn't of fancied us even at full strength, with the injuries it will be interesting team selection. A free hit in some ways for us with getting the 3 points on Saturday.

Whatever the result things are looking decent. Keep our feet firmly on the ground though because we won 3 of our first 4 League Home games last season too.

Got a sneaking feeling we may go 5 at the back here , 2 games in 4 days is a lot to ask of Browne and Taylor at this stage. 

Everyone is expecting this to be difficult & I don't think anyone would turn down a point even now, but we shouldn't be scared of any team in this league. We've shown we're more than capable of giving teams a game, why not have a go at them since we're already half writing this game off anyway due to the amount of injuries. If we go defensive & let them come at us like Aspin always did, guaranteed we will lose.

Out of their 8 games so far, they've only played 2 teams in the top half, & most of the others are at the bottom of the league too. Every unbeaten run will come to an end at some point.

Popey has a good scoring record at Exeter scored two crackers in promotion season and got the winner in another game there I seem to recall under Aspin .

Id be tempted go with him and Bennett .

But if all fit you go with the lads who did the business sat .

Ill be in Hungary 🇭🇺 on a short break so will be hoping we get the result that gets folk flocking to Vale Park on sat . 

I think they may do we have enough about us score I feel and we shouldn’t be going there afraid of what they will do to us we should think what we going do to them.

I feel a Montano and Pope goal in this game .

UTV 

Archived