geosname

Hate crime.

A hate crime is defined as "any criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice.

so next time you are frustrated or disappointed with the ref or fellow supporters.....

it's a hate crime.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

An utter joke of a "criminal" definition and you've just highlighted why.

A result of the leftist war on freedom. Step 1 - control language. 

I doubt it, they have not been in power in the UK for a long time.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Nothing ever starts in parliament mate.... it just ends up there

Spot on, legislation is often decades behind.

This particular attack on our freedom is been in the pipeline for a long time.

8 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Being frustrated or disappointed with the ref or fellow supporters isn't a criminal offence though?

It depends what you do, what you say or what the police want to charge you with.

Well yes, of course. I think the point you are making is hate crime is a fairly broad spectrum? However, the key word is crime, rather than hate in my eyes. If you don't commit a crime, you cannot possibly be guilty of a hate crime. 

See the Equality Act 2010 for what is a hate crime.

Discriminating against someone because of their race, gender, religion or other protected characteristic qualifies. Discriminating against someone because they're crap at their job isn't if that is the real reason. 

Edited by Heatwave

5 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Discriminating against someone because of their race, gender, religion or other protected characteristic qualifies. Discriminating against someone because they're crap at their job isn't if that is the real reason. 

Incorrect. They would be examples of a hate crime possibly.

For it to be a hate crime then the victim or someone else must perceive it to be on those grounds, like the opening post said.

You could feasibly discriminate against someone on the grounds of their race without it being perceived to on those grounds.

Unless there is a leftist in the room of course, then you can't even not discriminate against someone on those grounds without them perceiving it is racist.

14 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Well yes, of course. I think the point you are making is hate crime is a fairly broad spectrum? However, the key word is crime, rather than hate in my eyes. If you don't commit a crime, you cannot possibly be guilty of a hate crime. 

Nuisance.... public disorder.... disturbing the peace.... abusive language.... causing alarm, fear or distress etc etc. All probabilities at a football match without any intent to do so...... if one person in the crowd perceives it as a hate crime.... it becomes reportable as a hate crime.

The definition in the initial post came from the police apparently.

14 hours ago, Heatwave said:

It's the "protected characteristics" that concern me a little.

On 12/09/2019 at 04:12, geosname said:

It's the "protected characteristics" that concern me a little.

Certain football chants are now coming under scrutiny,as witnessed by Cardiff fans at Reading today?

Even Shakespear is racist enough to cost you your job now.

I don't for one moment think he had even the slightest inkling that what he was doing could be interpreted as racist. His accuser on the other hand has a long history of tweeting racial abuse and promoting racist conspiracy theories on twitter.

Who does the media support? It's the actual racist of course.

• Like 1