Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

3 tough games coming up.

Plymouth, Exeter and Mansfield.

We will soon know if we are safe in mid table or fighting to stay out of the bottom 2.

The league is stronger this season with 2 good sides coming up and 4 decent teams coming down.

Its difficult to see who is going to go down and I can’t see Scunthorpe finishing  in the bottom 2.

Only one go down after the demise of Bury. A couple of Scunthorpe fans i know are very worried. They are on a downward spiral which is hard to get out of.

The next week won't define our season , personally i'm hoping for 4 points from the 3 games. 

Agree with this... I was hoping for 4 points from these games and the Newport game inclusive

These games won’t define it either. After next weekend we then have a pretty kind run in until Xmas.

As for Scunthorpe... no one thought Chesterfield would stay at the bottom nor heavily financed Notts County. You just can’t tell in this league. Last two seasons two of the favourites to win it have gone down.

All games are winnable, we now have mobile options up front, we are at home and the onus is on us. Hopefully with their large following behind them they will think it's a game they can win and try and attack making it an open game.

If we defend as we know we can and attack with purpose then there's absolutely no reason we can't win this game. They may be near the top but win and we are up there with them, it's 11 v 11 so I think it's up to us to dictate the game.

2-1 with Amoo and Bennett adding to their ever growing totals. 

These games are more open and entertaining because teams come looking to dominate.

Often the type of game that somehow becomes winnable. Maybe it's more exciting for the players than trying to break down obdurate defences when teams come to frustrate.

Like the FGR game, I expect good value, in contrast to the Cambridge game which was largely forgettable.

Will we win?

Not a clue, but it should be interesting finding out.

40 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

All games are winnable, we now have mobile options up front, we are at home and the onus is on us. Hopefully with their large following behind them they will think it's a game they can win and try and attack making it an open game.

If we defend as we know we can and attack with purpose then there's absolutely no reason we can't win this game. They may be near the top but win and we are up there with them, it's 11 v 11 so I think it's up to us to dictate the game.

2-1 with Amoo and Bennett adding to their ever growing totals. 

Agreed, & these aren't even really near the top, they're 8th with 2 points more than us, beat them & we go above them. They definitely haven't lived up to their favourites label.

Only one go down after the demise of Bury. A couple of Scunthorpe fans i know are very worried. They are on a downward spiral which is hard to get out of.
The next week won't define our season , personally i'm hoping for 4 points from the 3 games. 

Is this correct ? Only one team is relegated this season , can anyone confirm this

Yes it’s correct, due to Bury going to the wall.

Yes and No.

If Bury are not readmitted into league two which now looks possible rightly or wrongly then one would go.

However Bury seem confident they will be reinstated after a vote of the clubs later this month into L2 next season.

Archived