Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Brown 7 

Gibbons 7 Smith 8 Legge 9 Crookes 7 

Joyce 8 Montano 8 Worrall 8 Taylor 7 Browne 7 Bennett 7 

Endeavour 8 

Spirit 9 

Will to win 10 

Crowd 8 really got behind the players second half but that’s credit to the players as they gave us plenty to shout about 

UTV 

We look very dangerous when we vary our free kicks corner routines etc .

Shame about the injuries but that’s football .

Advert

Thought we we played well and now have players on the bench like Taylor (who given a fair chance could turn out to be a decent signing) and Browne (who was here there everywhere).How anyone can criticise Smith defies logic as he was immense yesterday.
Just hope we can keep it up for the next few games.Yesterdays injuries could catch up with us if Amoo is out for a spell.

Controversial since Browne is one of the Macc reserves (you would’ve claimed in pre-season)

1 hour ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Brown 7 

Gibbons 7 Smith 8 Legge 9 Crookes 7 

Joyce 8 Montano 8 Worrall 8 Taylor 7 Browne 7 Bennett 7 

Endeavour 8 

Spirit 9 

Will to win 10 

Crowd 8 really got behind the players second half but that’s credit to the players as they gave us plenty to shout about 

UTV 

We look very dangerous when we vary our free kicks corner routines etc .

Shame about the injuries but that’s football .

Be careful giving Smith 8 ( think it should have been 9 same as Legge).

Out of interest did you actually attend the game or did you listen to Radio Stoke?

29 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Be careful giving Smith 8 ( think it should have been 9 same as Legge).

Out of interest did you actually attend the game or did you listen to Radio Stoke?

I was at the game my second game of the season as went the Northampton one aswell .

Was in the park Inn for a pint of doom bar before the game and nipped in after for a blackcurrant soda after as driving  my son and nephew home to take and Silverdale relatively after the game .

Good I like the words rammed down my throat .

The level of energy committment and no lack of skill won that game .

Very encouraged by what Askey is laying down .

Diamonds have to be polished, so it takes time for the sparkle to shine. The clever bit is finding them in the first place, and to be able to take the rough and tumble of L2 as well as being capable of L1. 

38 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Just watched the highlights back again, Bennett is quickly becoming in my eyes an absolute diamond of a find.

The movement and presence of mind to know where Smith was for the assist. His close control and dribbling to set Montano up just after, absolutely top draw!

well what can you say what a performance from the lads I think most us feared the worst when gibbo got booked after 10 minutes and then we had to use all our subs after 35 minutes, but what a 2nd half performance from the lads our fitness levels shone through and we were actually pressing Plymouth back till the final whistle, every player put in a cracking performance monty probably had his best half in a vale shirt even if he should have buried his chance to make it 2-0 but that's something we need to improve on being more clinical and putting teams to bed. lets hope archer amoo conlon and lewis aren't out for long. onto Exeter and hopefully another good result

On 15/09/2019 at 20:43, Mario said:

I suppose it's human nature, theres a melt on a Vale faceache site, Carl, who says he's a Vale fan but hammers them remorselessly even when we do well,guess what ? I've noticed that when there is a good performance, recognised  by everyone, total silence,they seem to get greater pleasure from failure,it's a funny way of looking at life.

Noticed he didn’t post after the Plymouth game. 

On 15/09/2019 at 20:43, Mario said:

I suppose it's human nature, theres a melt on a Vale faceache site, Carl, who says he's a Vale fan but hammers them remorselessly even when we do well,guess what ? I've noticed that when there is a good performance, recognised  by everyone, total silence,they seem to get greater pleasure from failure,it's a funny way of looking at life.

Is that the Carl who always rings P&G moaning about the Vale?  I always feel like topping meself after he's been on!

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Is that the Carl who always rings P&G moaning about the Vale?  I always feel like topping meself after he's been on!

Ive got no idea, the name could just be a coincidence but God does he moan and set unrealistic goals for the team.

Archived