onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Brilliant lads. I'm away in Canada but have sunk a superb bottle of red wine with some vodkas tonight to celebrate a fantastic win. Wish I'd been there but I'm trying my best, with my huge smile on my face to.promote over her the resurgence of our club. Thank you Askey, players, fans and the Shanahans for bringing life back to the Vale. Cant wait to get back to continue my belief that we are now truly on our way to the good times again. UTV.

After the first half I'm well impressed with the win.
It seems we have progressed from a number of players to a team.... that's a huge step in the right direction.

Advert

Great result ! Very committed and accomplished performance by all. I can not believe how well the subs blended in so seamlessly ! The management are really earning there corn! Bennett is a handful more than deserves his place Leon is immense, to a man they gave there all cant ask for more. Very happy today just hope we can start to find away to pick up a few points on our travels. So good to be a Vale fan at the moment ! Would like  to see a few more armchair fans give the owners a little more support , it can be done in so many ways even just a quid or two on the vale lotto ! Anything ! Get behind the club push it forward ! Credit to Plymouth great support made some noise , fair old trek for most shows some real commitment, top fans . 

8 hours ago, MBE said:

As I said his overall play has been good which it was today. He made a great run to create the space for the goal. All I'm saying his he needs to improve his anticipation in the box if he going to score 15-20 goals which is what we need. 

Strikers job first and foremost is to score goals.

5 in 16 at Morecombe, and 3 in 8 already this season is a good indicator that he can get to 15+ if he is playing all season.  This also excludes free kicks and penalties.  Add to this his assists and his general all round play and the way he fits the system he will certainly do for me!

Plymouth fans are accusing us of kicking them off the park.

But for Gibbons silly tackle I don't think there was a bad challenge in the game. It didn't stop their players going down like they'd been shot though multiple times.

Clear dive from McFadzean in the box unpunished, he got away with a few.

Ref was ok I thought, I believe it is his first season in the league(?) certainly better than that idiot v Northampton as debut refs go.

Browne was good when he came on, Taylor too. I'd have probably looked to start him even if we didn't have all the injuries.

12 hours ago, Yukon said:

100% dive pal, it was a bit embarrassing.

Yeah I saw on the highlights and changed my mind completely... live I thought he had been bundled over but after watching again it wasn’t a foul.

I wouldn’t say it was a dive though... looks like they just came together and Bennett tried to lift it over the keeper and got it wrong and ended up on the deck. 

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Plymouth fans are accusing us of kicking them off the park.

But for Gibbons silly tackle I don't think there was a bad challenge in the game. It didn't stop their players going down like they'd been shot though multiple times.

Clear dive from McFadzean in the box unpunished, he got away with a few.

Ref was ok I thought, I believe it is his first season in the league(?) certainly better than that idiot v Northampton as debut refs go.

Browne was good when he came on, Taylor too. I'd have probably looked to start him even if we didn't have all the injuries.

Taylor stuck at it quite well but we need to be careful how we manage him. He will take a while to adjust to playing mens football but he didn't look overawed, you could tell he wasn't used to the intensity of league football though. I like the look of Browne, he needs to get up to speed too though as he hasn't had much game time this season. He is an obvious candidate for a hamstring injury if we overuse him straight away

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Taylor stuck at it quite well but we need to be careful how we manage him. He will take a while to adjust to playing mens football but he didn't look overawed, you could tell he wasn't used to the intensity of league football though. I like the look of Browne, he needs to get up to speed too though as he hasn't had much game time this season. He is an obvious candidate for a hamstring injury if we overuse him straight away

I’ve been impressed with Taylor. He is a bit skinny but has a football brain and is a decent passer of the ball. I think we are seeing with some of the fringe players who have come in that they are more than just the squad fillers that some on here were claiming. 

I don't think anyone could of asked much more of us in these first handful of games this season. Exclding the tonking we got at Grimsby when at 2-3 we started to chase the game and were naive, we've competed with every team we have played against, many of which are tipped to do very well this season.

Cullen was tipped to be one of our main players this season and yet he's barely kicked a ball in anger for us yet, and there's hopefully much more to come from him when he inevitably gets his chance. Who would also have thought Tom Pope would only be a back up player for us? That may or may not change, but Bennett is much more mobile and suits the way Askey wants us to play better than Tom does.

My biggest dissapointment so far is that Oyeleke is clearly a player that will miss as many games as he starts. It's so frustrating because there's a player there that with a proper run of games could light up League Two. But even that is balanced out somewhat by Joyce looking much more of the sort of player under Askey that we thought we had signed from Carlisle and Worrall looking very much someone that's played at a higher level.

Yesterday under the circumstances we would have lost by a cricket score under the last manager. We've already come a fair way under John Askey and long may it continue.

9 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Just wondered where Ernies post is congratulating the team on another great performance. Forgot he’s not so quick to get on the keyboard when we win . 

Thought we we played well and now have players on the bench like Taylor (who given a fair chance could turn out to be a decent signing) and Browne (who was here there everywhere).How anyone can criticise Smith defies logic as he was immense yesterday.

Just hope we can keep it up for the next few games.Yesterdays injuries could catch up with us if Amoo is out for a spell.

11 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Just wondered where Ernies post is congratulating the team on another great performance. Forgot he’s not so quick to get on the keyboard when we win . 

I suppose it's human nature, theres a melt on a Vale faceache site, Carl, who says he's a Vale fan but hammers them remorselessly even when we do well,guess what ? I've noticed that when there is a good performance, recognised  by everyone, total silence,they seem to get greater pleasure from failure,it's a funny way of looking at life.

Archived