onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Advert

49 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Attention in most cases! 

There will be a fair few that don’t comment tonight or throw a single lazy comment in so they don’t have to engage! 

Brilliant today Vale and a great start to the season!

Absolutely. Cant believe I'm reading any negative comments. I did fear the worst after the 3 subs, but we went at them second half and thoroughly deserved the win. Credit to all the players today. Special mention to Joyce who doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes.

Watched on iFollow from Baku and thought we were REALLY good. When those 3 subs had to be made I said to my Missus I'll be happy with a point.....she was listening and knows nowt about football but said that sounds a bit rough losing 3 players. Thought we fought and battled and looked good value for the win. Askey is really building on solid foundations on what he's got. He might not get it 100% right this season but we will get there. (Ernie take note!)

All the flak Crookes and Joyce have had this season I think they are playing well....Crookes is improving week on week and Joyce is the cement between the bricks for me...he does all the simple jobs well and puts a right shift in....just my opinion you understand but I bet all the pros sat in that dressing room value what he does whatever us punters in the crowd feel.

We won't get promoted this season in my opinion but we'll be close and then we'll build next season....that must make me a happy clapper and I think that means you've mistaken me for somebody who gives an F!

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

But interested to hear the Plymouth side, anyone seen any reaction??

I was surprised how little Plymouth offered. Someone else on here said that in this league anyone can beat anyone else on their day - Cambridge's win at Crewe being a case in point. Didn't Crawley beat Exeter as well?

Really enjoyed the commitment effort and endeavour all game from the Vale thought we were worthy winners .

Thought everyone put a really good shift and the goal was superbly crafted with Smith finishing superbly .

Legge my man of the match he was collosal.

Montano should have sealed the three points after fine work from Bennett .

Fantastic win really enjoyed it .

No player for me was worth less than a 7 .

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

A good performance today, probably the best I’ve seen since the 4-0 thrashing of Luton. It seems that we were forced to dig in once we’d used our the substitutes. I thought Legge was immense doing nothing fancy just what was expected from and he did it well. The standard of crosses have improved greatly and we also had a variation on a corner in the first half, we actually took a short corner. We contained Danny Mayor who showed glimpses of his talent. I’m definitely convinced that Bennett is not good enough. He puts lots of effort in but achieves very little. Yes I know he set up the winner and I thank him for that, but it doesn’t warrant a starting place. He had two good chances in the first half a free header and a one on one where he just needed to lift it over the advancing keeper but it ended up at the back of the Hamilton End. He may have been tugged back slightly by the defender, but he is a grown man of considerable size. Brown was a good substitute and even though Askey was forced into the substitutions he chose the replacements, so well done JA.

i believe the game and tempo changed when Monty went on a run beat the defender and forced a good save from the keeper with his long range shot.

MPVGA

Winger`s runs  on the Railway side always lift the crowd, who lift the team, to take the points. So it was today the icing on a fine team performance.

11 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Watched on iFollow from Baku and thought we were REALLY good. When those 3 subs had to be made I said to my Missus I'll be happy with a point.....she was listening and knows nowt about football but said that sounds a bit rough losing 3 players. Thought we fought and battled and looked good value for the win. Askey is really building on solid foundations on what he's got. He might not get it 100% right this season but we will get there. (Ernie take note!)

All the flak Crookes and Joyce have had this season I think they are playing well....Crookes is improving week on week and Joyce is the cement between the bricks for me...he does all the simple jobs well and puts a right shift in....just my opinion you understand but I bet all the pros sat in that dressing room value what he does whatever us punters in the crowd feel.

We won't get promoted this season in my opinion but we'll be close and then we'll build next season....that must make me a happy clapper and I think that means you've mistaken me for somebody who gives an F!

She knows nowt about footy - a bit lark thay then yewth!!!! 🙂   

I must admit that at half time, I would have taken a draw from the game. However, second half we were by far the better team and all of them should take a lot of confidence from an excellent performance. Thought Legge, Bennett, Browne and Montano were excellent apart from Monty’s moment of madness when he should have scored but blasted over. Don’t recall Brown having a save to make and the rest all put a good shift in. 

29 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I was surprised how little Plymouth offered. Someone else on here said that in this league anyone can beat anyone else on their day - Cambridge's win at Crewe being a case in point. Didn't Crawley beat Exeter as well?

Crawley beat Mansfield at home 1-0, and Exeter scrapped a draw at home to Orient by virtue of a last-minute peno. All goes to show that there's everything to play for, starting away on Tuesday at Exeter.

40 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

But interested to hear the Plymouth side, anyone seen any reaction??

spoke with a Plymouth fan (comes from manchester but his parents originate from Plymouth (glory hunter instead of those other hard to support manx teams ),,said he could see it coming our goal and that their forwards were snuffed out and didn't get clear of our defenders enough apart from the first half, 2nd half he says they didn't get in the game although with us making 3 subs he expected an onslaught from them but never materialised and we deserved the win,,also said they had 4 players out.he says their probs are also putting the ball in the net (think they had 15 attempts today).

credit to askey didn't sit back when we went 1 nil up and thought every player gave everything,

motm difficult poss monte for me carried the ball fwd or any of the back 4 gibbo goal line clearance, legge covered everywhere across the back , smith for his goal and again faultless display,crookes looked as though he was shattered.

very pleasing win, gritty ,organised &100% performance with some young lads whom will only get better and more consistent

also credit to Plymouth who looked to get forward,overall a very good game where at half time I would have been happy with a point so 3 shows how far we have come this season already

Archived