onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

A good performance today, probably the best I’ve seen since the 4-0 thrashing of Luton. It seems that we were forced to dig in once we’d used our the substitutes. I thought Legge was immense doing nothing fancy just what was expected from and he did it well. The standard of crosses have improved greatly and we also had a variation on a corner in the first half, we actually took a short corner. We contained Danny Mayor who showed glimpses of his talent. I’m definitely convinced that Bennett is not good enough. He puts lots of effort in but achieves very little. Yes I know he set up the winner and I thank him for that, but it doesn’t warrant a starting place. He had two good chances in the first half a free header and a one on one where he just needed to lift it over the advancing keeper but it ended up at the back of the Hamilton End. He may have been tugged back slightly by the defender, but he is a grown man of considerable size. Brown was a good substitute and even though Askey was forced into the substitutions he chose the replacements, so well done JA.

i believe the game and tempo changed when Monty went on a run beat the defender and forced a good save from the keeper with his long range shot.

MPVGA

2 bits of quality created the 2 best chances either team created .... both by Bennett. Second chance he was a long way put and was sandwiched between 2 players. He does a hell of a lot of running for a big man. Reminds me a bit of Crouch. Can see why he's not everyone's cup of tea but I can see why the manager rates him.

Advert

14 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Seriously don't understand why and how some can pick out individuals after a team performance like that.

So <ovf censored> weird and a little bit embarrasing.

It’s neither weird or embarrassing, my opinion is not based on just based on Bennett’s performance today, it’s every game and you’ll see that I praised him for setting up the winning goal. We’ve strengthened this year in every position and there’ll be better performances to come as there isn’t a lot of quality in the league. If Pope could play 90 minutes or Archer wasn’t injured then I’m sure that Bennett would be on the bench. I hope he proves me wrong and starts hitting the target, otherwise we’ll have to rely on others to score.

i said that before they played Newport and ppl were saying Vale would be lucky to get a point from the next four games, I stayed I think we’ll get at least four points and I stand by that, prediction.

Superb again today. Great game, great effort, plenty of decent football, plenty of decent chances created.

Can't fault anyone today and some immense performances all over the pitch. Great to be arguing after the game about who deserved man of the match the most. Woz for me but it could have been any from a list of six or seven players.

Yet another game where the team gave Brown a comfortable afternoon but he still maintains his concentration and is as solid as ever. 

Kennedy and Browne both did well second half. The back four were immense, Monty stepped up and lifted the crowd looking dangerous. Bennett was probably our quietest played but produced a bit of quality where (and when) it mattered. UTV 

Great 3 points, worked hard for that. Difficult circumstances losing 3 players first half. Were creating chances and looking solid defensively, all 4 played well, got to mention Crookes though, hes had a bit of stick at times, played well today though. Big difference from the last two seasons, we look a decent outfit.

It’s neither weird or embarrassing, my opinion is not based on just based on Bennett’s performance today, it’s every game and you’ll see that I praised him for setting up the winning goal. We’ve strengthened this year in every position and there’ll be better performances to come as there isn’t a lot of quality in the league. If Pope could play 90 minutes or Archer wasn’t injured then I’m sure that Bennett would be on the bench. I hope he proves me wrong and starts hitting the target, otherwise we’ll have to rely on others to score.
i said that before they played Newport and ppl were saying Vale would be lucky to get a point from the next four games, I stayed I think we’ll get at least four points and I stand by that, prediction.

You are aware he’s actually our top scorer so far aren’t you?

I’m fed up of those Stokies Gibbo and Smith showing no commitment......

i’m fed up of everyone exploiting Crookes - everyone knows he can’t play left back.....

I'm fed up of Askey signing squad players who will never be used......

I’m fed up of Askey using players who finished 20th last year as the basis for his team........

I'm fed up at the lack of progress we are making on the pitch.......

I'm fed up that some regular posters on here won’t know what do do with themselves tonight after a stunning team performance.  

Back four were outstanding, Gibbo controlled his game well after an early booking, Crookes solid and used the ball well, Leon led by example, Smudger solid and unlucky not to have more than his one goal.

Joyce controlled the midfield, along with the bundle f energy that is Worrall, and despite the 3 early injuries the replacements all contributed well, especially Taylor.

Monty was a real handful, Bennett led the line with energy and his awareness from Wozzas quick free kick created the goal.  Browne was tricky and I am sure will have a role to play as the season progresses.

the sun shone, and we should really have won by more.

Thank you Kevin, Carol, John and Dave for allowing me to enjoy my Saturdays again.

wow..the back 4 where absolutely superb today. Hopefully a performance to build on to keep more clean sheets over the course of the next few games. Young Taylor came on and had a great game in the 2nd half too. Feel for Evans who also looked decent in his 5 minute cameo.

Just a quick thought Richie Bennett. He is playing well overall but he just won't score the goals we need. He seems lacks composure when presented with half chances and is not effective enough in the box. He's not anticipating enough to attack the ball so often balls across the box are not contested.Hope the management team and Popey can get on to him about so he can become a 15-20 goal man which we need.

Only concern the injuries so we will really see how good the squad is.

Just now, darren1810 said:

Nearly all positive comments and rightly so, a great win under really testing circumstances.

Yet I've read Askey is clueless and Bennett isn't up to it.

Give me strength. Just what do people want.

Fantastic effort and they all deserve plaudits

If we signed Messi he would be one footed, too lightweight, weak in the air and not up for the battle with some on here!

Well after 30 minutes ,Amoo off , Conlon off,  I thought that's it ,be lucky to get a draw here , but what a second half by every single player. Superb performance, great goal by Smith and great result . Could have won by more , especially if Monty had taken his chances, must mention a promising debut by Browne, and Wozzer even though picking up an injury ,again ran his socks off. Starting to believe that we DO have strength in depth , and every player in the squad can play their part . Great win lads ,onwards and upwards . VTID 

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

wow..the back 4 where absolutely superb today. Hopefully a performance to build on to keep more clean sheets over the course of the next few games. Young Taylor came on and had a great game in the 2nd half too. Feel for Evans who also looked decent in his 5 minute cameo.

Just a quick thought Richie Bennett. He is playing well overall but he just won't score the goals we need. He seems lacks composure when presented with half chances and is not effective enough in the box. He's not anticipating enough to attack the ball so often balls across the box are not contested.Hope the management team and Popey can get on to him about so he can become a 15-20 goal man which we need.

3 goals in 7 games suggests he's already well on the way to being a 15-20 goal man.  Add to that the lovely flick today that set up Smith and I don't think he's doing badly.

Great win today.  Outstanding performances all over the pitch but in particular by the back four. 

22 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Give me strength. Just what do people want.

Attention in most cases! 

There will be a fair few that don’t comment tonight or throw a single lazy comment in so they don’t have to engage! 

Brilliant today Vale and a great start to the season!

Archived