onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Advert

Brilliantly deserved in the circumstances. Good debut from Browne, couple of bits about his game like technical ball control are a mile above L2.

Plymouth nothing special.

Suspect highlights will show we should have had a pen first half for the two handed push on Bennett.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Brilliantly deserved in the circumstances. Good debut from Browne, couple of bits about his game like technical ball control are a mile above L2.

Plymouth nothing special.

Suspect highlights will show we should have had a pen first half for the two handed push on Bennett.

It looked a push on the internet but then the foul by Gibbons looked even more of a dead certainty. Looked a nice day in Burslem. Good solid team performance.

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

Askey appears clueless.

Eh?

Cracking result, very disjointed first half which is understandable with the 3 injuries! But 0-0 at half time was fair with both sides having opportunities! 

How the Ref didn’t give anything when Bennett was pulled back I will never know!

Second half we bossed them... relentless play. Askey set them up well and is to be commended. Could have scored 2 or 3.

Brilliant game, brilliant performance especially with the injuries! 

Special mention to Joyce who played well with all the changes and disruption around him!

Well done, Arthur and the lads. Brilliant win and magnificent second half performance by all accounts. I was steeling myself for a last minute goal or equaliser from Plymouth but looks like we have really started to learn how to keep out late goals. 

!2 points, 10th place and 2 points off the playoffs despite the challenging set of fixtures we've had. Sets us up nicely for Exeter and Mansfield. C'mon the Vale - this is looking promising 🙂

Cracking result against a good team. Excellent performances throughout the team and thought we looked a threat going forward and fairly solid at the back despite the injuries.

Rhys Browne will be a great signing if we can keep him fit and Gibbons gets better every game, especially considering he was up against far and away the best player in the League in Mayor.

I echo the point about Joyce who has come in for criticism, held the midfield together really well.

That was a terrific effort. Really well done to the lads and Arthur. Well deserved the win despite the disruption. Massively impressive display from Legge and (yes) Smithy. But lots of really good performances all through the team. Only downside is the injuries. Hopefully not too serious, but all three looked more than just knocks.

A good performance today, probably the best I’ve seen since the 4-0 thrashing of Luton. It seems that we were forced to dig in once we’d used our the substitutes. I thought Legge was immense doing nothing fancy just what was expected from and he did it well. The standard of crosses have improved greatly and we also had a variation on a corner in the first half, we actually took a short corner. We contained Danny Mayor who showed glimpses of his talent. I’m definitely convinced that Bennett is not good enough. He puts lots of effort in but achieves very little. Yes I know he set up the winner and I thank him for that, but it doesn’t warrant a starting place. He had two good chances in the first half a free header and a one on one where he just needed to lift it over the advancing keeper but it ended up at the back of the Hamilton End. He may have been tugged back slightly by the defender, but he is a grown man of considerable size. Brown was a good substitute and even though Askey was forced into the substitutions he chose the replacements, so well done JA.

i believe the game and tempo changed when Monty went on a run beat the defender and forced a good save from the keeper with his long range shot.

MPVGA

Considering we were against one of the favourites for the title with players like Danny Mayor, the 3 injuries in the first half and also being without arguably our biggest talent in Oyeleke from the off, that was possibly the best result we've had for quite a while and a fully deserved 3 points.

Askey is doing a cracking job with us and actually making us look a proper team that nobody will fancy playing against, especially at Vale Park. Yes, we will still have blips like we did against Grimsby when we caved in eventually, but such is the way of things for pretty much any League Two club.

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

A good performance today, probably the best I’ve seen since the 4-0 thrashing of Luton. It seems that we were forced to dig in once we’d used our the substitutes. I thought Legge was immense doing nothing fancy just what was expected from and he did it well. The standard of crosses have improved greatly and we also had a variation on a corner in the first half, we actually took a short corner. We contained Danny Mayor who showed glimpses of his talent. I’m definitely convinced that Bennett is not good enough. He puts lots of effort in but achieves very little. Yes I know he set up the winner and I thank him for that, but it doesn’t warrant a starting place. He had two good chances in the first half a free header and a one on one where he just needed to lift it over the advancing keeper but it ended up at the back of the Hamilton End. He may have been tugged back slightly by the defender, but he is a grown man of considerable size. Brown was a good substitute and even though Askey was forced into the substitutions he chose the replacements, so well done JA.

i believe the game and tempo changed when Monty went on a run beat the defender and forced a good save from the keeper with his long range shot.

MPVGA

Seriously don't understand why and how some can pick out individuals after a team performance like that.

So <ovf censored> weird and a little bit embarrasing.

Archived