onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Strange half of football, to get 3 injuries is so unlucky. Plus from that it means we can’t change it with someone like a Popey coming on.  It’s a really tight game too, nothing between the 2 sides at all. Whenever we seem to play a side with wing backs we always seem to struggle to get to grips with it, at times because you’ll see our full back come out to their wing back and then a midfield runner has gone into their space with no one from our midfield running with him. Luckily they’ve not made much from that though. Worralls been his usual self, it was a pity he couldn’t stay on the right for longer as he put some great balls in from there. Gibbons recovered from a bad opening ten minutes from getting twatted on the head to getting another booking to looking steady defensively, some really great defensive work from both him and Crooks at times in defending their back post. I felt that was a weakness for us last season. Crookes has got forward quite a lot today too. Whilst Gibbons played an unbelievable ping for Bennet who should do better, he either should go down if he feels he’s being held or he should hit the target. I’d say we set out from the off to kick Danny Mayer too as plenty of our lads have had a go at him. They have obviously done the work on our right hand side as they’ve filling that space and allowing little room for Gibbons to push on in to in their final third. I’m enjoying this and like I say there’s not much between us and them at all. Disappointed by the injuries and for me I think bennet again isn’t giving us enough in holding it up again, but we can’t change that now as we have no subs left. 

Advert

Pretty even although they have looked very composed on ball we have created slightly more,,
dont know how the freekick on bennett wasnt given then secs later their forward gets a soft free kick for much less.
Gritty performance could go eitherway
Seems a case of different rules outside of the penalty area

I got this wrong, well done Vale and I am so glad I am eating humble pie, I really fancied a bad loss today. Compare today to last week though where I was chastised for daring say how bad we were. How can anyone say we were good last week when you watch this today, this is good!! We have played poor for the last three games, average for a few before that, this is great stuff, fight and effort present, that is all I ever want.

Come on ref blow that whistle.  The Vale players must be totally cream crackered now.

The fans are the 12th man as well.

Thank you ref.  Get in there 3 points and what sounded like a cracking hard fought game.  Did not think it would be 3 points with what happened in the first half - having to use their 3 subs in 30 minutes.

Well done all of them.

Archived