onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

1 hour ago, stupers said:

Agree we've got some issues to sort out. We look far too defensive in the midfield three without Oyeleke, and we need goals from other areas of the pitch than up front.

But...………… Smith (And I haven't singled him out before) was at fault for the goal against Newport. He completely loses his man just before the ball comes in and the lad has a tap in from four yards out. We keep making individual mistakes and they're usually resulting in a goal. I think people see Smith and Legge as reliable, but there have been a few times this season (Particularly at Grimsby) where I have wondered what on earth they are doing.

But it’s a case of that Newport goal being a culmination of errors. It’s not like the Forest Green goal where Gibbo had a bad touch. I think at Newport Joyce and Worrall have totally switched off for the quick throw in, Crookes has been beaten too easily and to top it off Smith is just out of position. He’s actually in the right area, protecting the near post at the edge of the 6 yard box, he’s just a step or 2 too far to his right. Watch any centre half’s position when the full back on their side of the defence is being taken on, they get in to that space in the box at the front post / 6 yard box to hopefully cut out the cross. You only have to listen to Askeys interviews since  the game and reading between the lines he wasn’t happy with the players who’ve switched off from the throw in firstly. 

Advert

On 09/09/2019 at 20:45, Vale fan in Alsager said:

No problem with Smith he is a ok player no more though ,fine if you want to finish lower end league every season (FACT).

I want more for my football club.

Stoke fans playing for Vale no problem with that as Gibbons will go for good money eventually but Smith not for me .

If you think Gibbons is a Stoke fan now, you're mad. The farce of a derby and his twitter disprove that.

57 minutes ago, Samwelo said:

If you think Gibbons is a Stoke fan now, you're mad. The farce of a derby and his twitter disprove that.

No idea do not have twitter or follow footballers.

What I do know is that he is potentially as good as Kyle Walker and will be worth millions to Vale 

His energy his fantastic and if he plays well Vale do 

Along with Joyce’s a important player.

Going  tomorrow looking forwards to seeing Amoo Worrall and Gibbons especially 

You’re certainly right there as when the right hand of our team play well then it really makes us look a better side. We just need to have another way of playing if the opposition nullify them or they have an off day. Personally I think Gibbons works better with Worrall. Of course Gibbons is looking a good player, maybe not Kyle Walker standards, but good nonetheless. He probably wouldn’t net us millions in a transfer if he went, but he may do in the future with sell on clauses. 

2 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

No idea do not have twitter or follow footballers.

What I do know is that he is potentially as good as Kyle Walker and will be worth millions to Vale 

His energy his fantastic and if he plays well Vale do 

Along with Joyce’s a important player.

Going  tomorrow looking forwards to seeing Amoo Worrall and Gibbons especially 

So you have been saying Gibbons is a stoke fan then here you say you have no idea?? have I got that right

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

So you have been saying Gibbons is a stoke fan then here you say you have no idea?? have I got that right

I believe he is or was Turner Gibbons and Smith I think I read not that it matters as I am no hater of Stoke and used go the Victoria ground when I was younger with mates and Vale with me dad as I got  older couldn’t afford go both so chose Vale as I was based in  kidsgrove then Alsager but now I live at Westbury park .

UTV 

With regard to the goal last week at Newport i'd say it was a collective failure.

Very similar to our goal v Cambridge, where we were lauding great play from Amoo. Wonder if Cambridge fans blamed their defence for it? Maybe it was just good play and quick thinking from Newport whilst Vale momentarily switched off.

So far i've seen Joyce, Crookes and Smith mentioned as at fault !!! 

On 11/09/2019 at 16:42, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Please do it’s not like I’m bothered anyway .

Paint pot run wow with very poor attendances bar the stoke under 21s game .

Your right though and ended with a no show v Bristol Rovers .

I’ve been watching Vale regularly since a cup game v Liverpool think we lost 5-2 after holding them 2-2 at Anfield ,giving 100 per cent encouragement and support from the paddock from both ends whichever way we attacking to and under Sinnott Glover Gannon .

So be honest with you I love Vale but there is more to life and when you work nights and have three hrs sleep and are on shift on the sat night 2 every 4 rolling weeks and see what I’ve been witnessing these 4/5 seasons it makes you bitter .

So I apologise for my posts 

.UTV 

On 11/09/2019 at 16:42, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Please do it’s not like I’m bothered anyway .

Paint pot run wow with very poor attendances bar the stoke under 21s game .

Your right though and ended with a no show v Bristol Rovers .

I’ve been watching Vale regularly since a cup game v Liverpool think we lost 5-2 after holding them 2-2 at Anfield ,giving 100 per cent encouragement and support from the paddock from both ends whichever way we attacking to and under Sinnott Glover Gannon .

So be honest with you I love Vale but there is more to life and when you work nights and have three hrs sleep and are on shift on the sat night 2 every 4 rolling weeks and see what I’ve been witnessing these 4/5 seasons it makes you bitter .

So I apologise for my posts 

.UTV 

You shouldn't have to apologize for your posts! I may not always agree with you...and you do sem to pick on Smith more than the others, but I believe your heart is in the right place - unlike some of the bellends on here! Keep showing that passion for the Vale, VFIA!!! UTV VTID

Bristol City are at Stoke tomorrow. It is possible, perhaps even likely, that Plymouth supporters and Bristol City supporters will be on the same trains and / or stopping at the same service stations on the motorways. Also, there will be the two groups of supporters in town. I hope that there are no "difficulties" ..............

On 12/09/2019 at 14:33, Houston Valiant said:

It will be fairly quiet around VP. 

3 tough games coming up.

Plymouth, Exeter and Mansfield.

We will soon know if we are safe in mid table or fighting to stay out of the bottom 2.

The league is stronger this season with 2 good sides coming up and 4 decent teams coming down.

Its difficult to see who is going to go down and I can’t see Scunthorpe finishing  in the bottom 2.

Archived