onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Advert

"Winnable this, Plymouth have had a similar start to us despite their pillaging of Bury." (valefan16)

Indeed, it is a winnable game. Despite their position as one of the bookies' favorites for the title/promotion, if we do win we will actually go above Plymouth!

Wonder if that would put us into the promotion race? Unlikely...

13 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Consistency is painfully lacking from some players and it's time they upped their level...after all they get paid a hell of a lot more than me and you (I assume)

Comparing a 2nd divisions footballers salary to yours to argue about their consistency is a little strange... try comparing it to a premier league players. 

I can guess which is the bigger gap!

On 09/09/2019 at 19:20, darren1810 said:

Smith is to VFIA what Dodds and Lloyd are to you. 

Notice Dangerous Dodds on the bench at Chorley and Lloyd isn’t making the squad.

Maybe you will admit I was right ( but don’t expect you will man up and accept it).

At least Smith is in the team and playing every week and is earning his wages.

18 hours ago, Emile said:

Last cup run? Last season in the paint pot cup. 

Happy to pop this fool on ignore anyway. 

Please do it’s not like I’m bothered anyway .

Paint pot run wow with very poor attendances bar the stoke under 21s game .

Your right though and ended with a no show v Bristol Rovers .

I’ve been watching Vale regularly since a cup game v Liverpool think we lost 5-2 after holding them 2-2 at Anfield ,giving 100 per cent encouragement and support from the paddock from both ends whichever way we attacking to and under Sinnott Glover Gannon .

So be honest with you I love Vale but there is more to life and when you work nights and have three hrs sleep and are on shift on the sat night 2 every 4 rolling weeks and see what I’ve been witnessing these 4/5 seasons it makes you bitter .

So I apologise for my posts 

.UTV 

40 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Please do it’s not like I’m bothered anyway .

Paint pot run wow with very poor attendances bar the stoke under 21s game .

Your right though and ended with a no show v Bristol Rovers .

I’ve been watching Vale regularly since a cup game v Liverpool think we lost 5-2 after holding them 2-2 at Anfield ,giving 100 per cent encouragement and support from the paddock from both ends whichever way we attacking to and under Sinnott Glover Gannon .

So be honest with you I love Vale but there is more to life and when you work nights and have three hrs sleep and are on shift on the sat night 2 every 4 rolling weeks and see what I’ve been witnessing these 4/5 seasons it makes you bitter .

So I apologise for my posts 

.UTV 

The paint pot is the only trophy we have an outside chance of winning. Plus it brings in cash. It's the banging on about Smithy. He's one of our better players in the opinion of many. Who do not give a sh1 T who he allegedly supports. Nothing to apologise for, just give him a break and judge him on what he does on the pitch. 

He's generally steady. At the moment team sheet goes - Brown, Smith, Legge, Gibbo, Amoo, Worrall, Joyce... fill in the rest. 

5 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we play Plymouth on a Sunday ko at 2.00pm during the 1974 strikes so we didn't use floodlights? I vaguely remember them having 3 men sent off and we won 3-0......

We played them once in the most torrential rain I've ever experienced. Think that was also a 3-0. But would have been 80's.

2 minutes ago, toyahw said:

We played them once in the most torrential rain I've ever experienced. Think that was also a 3-0. But would have been 80's.

Think I remember that as well....eeee age is a terrible thing! Me and my cousin went down to Home Park 75-76 season when we'd be 16, our first away trip on our own, just one coach load of us. The gate was about 18000 as we were both up there in old 3rd Div.....Derek Brownbill scored first for us and what was left of us jumped to celebrate before we realised their "mob" was leaving their end and they surrounded us on the terrace....they gently reminded us this was their patch and when they equalised we copped some. After the game the coach got bricked and we drove back to Bozlem with one side of the windows missing......Happy days!

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I saw Vale relegated at Plymouth in 1979.  That was a long trip home!

I've watched Vale through 5 promotions (remember each one) and 6 relegations. Oddly impressive you can recall even one, as all the relegations are just a haze somewhere at the back of my mind.

4 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Notice Dangerous Dodds on the bench at Chorley and Lloyd isn’t making the squad.

Maybe you will admit I was right ( but don’t expect you will man up and accept it).

At least Smith is in the team and playing every week and is earning his wages.

Accept what Ernie? I've never particularly got into dialogue with you myself. Dodds was well past his best when he came back here, i myself said that, what i didn't get was the vitriol towards him. Dodds was an excellent goal scoring midfielder in his prime and you spoke of him as a turd on your shoe.

Again the Lloyd situation, if you want to search my posts you will see i was very underwhelmed by his return. However what i did say is that he is here now and needs to be supported not pilloried at every opportunity.

I don't need to man up and accept anything that you write. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Dodds and now Lloyd have played hardly any role, rightly so because they are not good enough. So yes you are correct, but why on earth people bang on about this all the time with real hatred for them both.

So far i've seen Lloyd for maybe 20 minutes this season, at Salford he sprayed a defence splitting ball to the move when Bennett missed his sitter and had a peculiar cameo against FGR where he did nothing.

Any further appearances won't be met with chuntering or i told you so. I'll be hoping he has a cracking game and so should you.

Why ? Because he plays for Port Vale .

53 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I saw Vale relegated at Plymouth in 1979.  That was a long trip home!

Me too, Jean.  Left Brindley Ford at 5.30 and hitched my way down, arriving about 1.30pm ish. Left the match fuming at Graham Hawkins for letting the ball go over his head, assuming it would run through to the keeper - it didn't. Lost 3-2. Only managed to get a lift up to Taunton, kipped under the M5 bridge and started hitching about 6.30 on Sunday morning! Got home about 4pm... needless to say, the wife wasn't a happy bunny! 

Having remembered all that, I hope we're talking about the same match !!!

2 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we play Plymouth on a Sunday ko at 2.00pm during the 1974 strikes so we didn't use floodlights? I vaguely remember them having 3 men sent off and we won 3-0......

I remember their 3 being sent off - they were pretty thuggish! But I thought we'd won 3 - 1? It was a good win whichever!!

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 03:32, PV1973 said:

I just think we’ve got bigger things to sort out within the team rather than focusing repeatedly on Smith. Like the midfield, getting more goals in the side and a left back. 

Agree we've got some issues to sort out. We look far too defensive in the midfield three without Oyeleke, and we need goals from other areas of the pitch than up front.

But...………… Smith (And I haven't singled him out before) was at fault for the goal against Newport. He completely loses his man just before the ball comes in and the lad has a tap in from four yards out. We keep making individual mistakes and they're usually resulting in a goal. I think people see Smith and Legge as reliable, but there have been a few times this season (Particularly at Grimsby) where I have wondered what on earth they are doing.

Archived