onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Why do some on here seem to fear Plymouth ?

I personally don't. They have recently been held at home 2-2 by both Salford and a poor Oldham. Also thumped in their last away game at Northampton. 

These are more than beatable, are they going to be top 7?  More than likely and they may not of hit top gear yet. However I am more than hopeful of a win here and so should everybody else. 

Conlon dropped for whoever takes the eye in training out of Evans or Taylor and the conundrum up front. Personally i'd stick with Bennett.

Home win on the cards.

Completely agree with this although I'm less sure about what to do upfront

Advert

4 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

The performance level needs to go up a few notches as folk will lose interest as it will be said same old .

Team well we are at home so you would expect see a go for it line up .

Id shake it up a bit I think in games like these you have to think about how you can be the better side throughout.

So team for me and feel free disagree as this is fans personal feelings about who they would choose.

Brown Gibbons Legge Kennedy Montano Joyce Evans Taylor Amoo Worrall Oyeleke Pope or Cullen not fussed really as Popey if given the right service will score goals 

Montano to left back with Taylor in the left half slot Evans Oyeleke and Joyce to get hold of the midfield and Gibbons and Montano todeliver from the byline quality to forwards or forward.

UTV 

Should stand a chance with that team, as long as the ref doesn’t notice we have 12 players on the pitch.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

12 players that mate, & Manny won't be fit either.

lmao yes Oyeleke won’t be fit the other 11 lol .

Its the excitement of only four night shifts left then 7nights off 🇭🇺Five of them in Budapest.

12 players would be fab though 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Smith is to VFIA what Dodds and Lloyd are to you. 

No problem with Smith he is a ok player no more though ,fine if you want to finish lower end league every season (FACT).

I want more for my football club.

Stoke fans playing for Vale no problem with that as Gibbons will go for good money eventually but Smith not for me .

Bonkers to blame Smith for our predicament this last 3 seasons. Bringing a young player through our ranks who then goes on to make over 100 appearances should be lauded. Clearly if he wasn’t a Stoke fan you’d think better of him (and Gibbons too). What a blinkered and strange view you have. I’m sure the players themselves don’t give 2 shits about the fact they support Stoke, by the looks of it they just want to play professional football 

12 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

No problem with Smith he is a ok player no more though ,fine if you want to finish lower end league every season (FACT).

I want more for my football club.

Stoke fans playing for Vale no problem with that as Gibbons will go for good money eventually but Smith not for me .

I've been critical of Smith myself. Had a great first season then seemed to struggle and rightly lost his place last season for a while. As with most of the team he has improved vastly under Askey and is playing well. Not sure who you expect to be at CH in a mid table League 2 team. We have no 200 grand spare for a Dean Glover or Michael Walsh. 

Smith is doing ok and you can't deny mate your dislike for him for whatever reason. 

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've been critical of Smith myself. Had a great first season then seemed to struggle and rightly lost his place last season for a while. As with most of the team he has improved vastly under Askey and is playing well. Not sure who you expect to be at CH in a mid table League 2 team. We have no 200 grand spare for a Dean Glover or Michael Walsh. 

Smith is doing ok and you can't deny mate your dislike for him for whatever reason. 

I just want him get his dream move to stoke.

Vale on a whole have been terrible so the poster before is wrong ,I haven’t blamed Smith for our demise if the other 10 players were to a level they need be then it would be irrelevant if Smith played poorly or not .

Admit he is solid in the air but very suspect on the ground.

Great that he has come through the youth team and has played over 100 games.

Great that he rarely gets booked it a bit  weird for a  centre half wouldn’t you say .

We are a very average team but that will not attract the casual fans to come we need be better .

I very rarely attend so you have watch him I just hope he and all the other Vale players do not short change the supporters and we improve significantly.

UTV 

Its not the first time you’ve mentioned the last 3 seasons of struggle and Smith in the same sentence, so no one is stupid enough to not see what you’re really saying. Who can forget when you accused him of throwing games because he’s a Stoke fan. 

How can you even have an objective opinion when you admit you don’t go to games and it’s clear you have a massive problem with the fact that some of the players are Stoke fans. (Which is your problem alone really).

I rarely hear many dissenting voices at the games for how the “Stoke lads” in our side play. Their commitment is there for all to see, except you. If a player gives his all for the shirt then it makes no odds who they support. Another point to remember is that it’s been a long time since our rivalry was at its peak when we were playing each other, at a guess these players probably wouldn’t have even been in school then.  The reality is that our rivalry to this generation of kids is nowhere near what it was with ours, because there hasn’t been a rivalry for them to get their teeth into such has been the gulf that’s grown between the 2 clubs.

So as a result of that stint in the Premier League luckily for you, even if Smith or Gibbons leave, we have an academy of players that has a shedload of Stoke fans ready to take his place that you can continue to have your unhealthy fixation on. 

Anyway, I think the Stoke fans in our side been the least of our worries this season. 

somebody, who I wont mention as he is another attention seeker, wrote :-  "Vale on a whole have been terrible so the poster before is wrong "   I know he gives his location as Cheshire, but does that warrant being an ill informed, myopic fool ..........ah well another on the ignore list.  Its quite good on here when you put the children on the naughty step. 

55 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Its not the first time you’ve mentioned the last 3 seasons of struggle and Smith in the same sentence, so no one is stupid enough to not see what you’re really saying. Who can forget when you accused him of throwing games because he’s a Stoke fan. 

How can you even have an objective opinion when you admit you don’t go to games and it’s clear you have a massive problem with the fact that some of the players are Stoke fans. (Which is your problem alone really).

I rarely hear many dissenting voices at the games for how the “Stoke lads” in our side play. Their commitment is there for all to see, except you. If a player gives his all for the shirt then it makes no odds who they support. Another point to remember is that it’s been a long time since our rivalry was at its peak when we were playing each other, at a guess these players probably wouldn’t have even been in school then.  The reality is that our rivalry to this generation of kids is nowhere near what it was with ours, because there hasn’t been a rivalry for them to get their teeth into such has been the gulf that’s grown between the 2 clubs.

So as a result of that stint in the Premier League luckily for you, even if Smith or Gibbons leave, we have an academy of players that has a shedload of Stoke fans ready to take his place that you can continue to have your unhealthy fixation on. 

Anyway, I think the Stoke fans in our side been the least of our worries this season. 

No fixation m8 I just want Vale be better .

When was the last cup run we had .

When was the last time any of our players were attracting big money moves to keep the club running ..

You  go every game I see so you are better to judge than me so let’s leave it at that .

Enjoy the rest of the season let’s hope the performances get folk wanting go Vale and spend there hard earned .

Hope the Shanahan can make the club sustainable 

UTV 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I just think we’ve got bigger things to sort out within the team rather than focusing repeatedly on Smith. Like the midfield, getting more goals in the side and a left back. 

Scott Brown was discussing Askey’s style of play today, and mentioned he likes the fullbacks bombing on. He then went on to say Crookes doesn’t get forward as much as Gibbons. 

Seems strange that Askey signed a defensive fullback (Crookes) when his philosophy is for the fullbacks to push on.

Also, Brown mentioned they are encouraging the CHs to split from goal kicks to receive the ball and play out from the back. Which again doesn’t correspond with his first choice CHs (Smith and Legge) who aren’t that comfortable on the ball. 

In addition, goals from midfield is still a problem, as well as the lone Striker being isolated 

I think Askey will remedy this over time, however I’m not sure what the solution is short term.

If everyone is fit, and we are playing a midtable / bottom half team at home, I’d try the below.

Brown

Gibbons  Kennedy Legge  Monty

Manny  Joyce  Worrall

Browne  Archer  Amoo

Could leave us massively wide open, but it would be entertaining 😄

10 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

No fixation m8 I just want Vale be better .

When was the last cup run we had .

When was the last time any of our players were attracting big money moves to keep the club running ..

You  go every game I see so you are better to judge than me so let’s leave it at that .

Enjoy the rest of the season let’s hope the performances get folk wanting go Vale and spend there hard earned .

Hope the Shanahan can make the club sustainable 

UTV 

Last cup run? Last season in the paint pot cup. 

Happy to pop this fool on ignore anyway. 

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Last cup run? Last season in the paint pot cup. 

Happy to pop this fool on ignore anyway. 

Why put him on ignore...he speaks the truth

Consistency is painfully lacking from some players and it's time they upped their level...after all they get paid a hell of a lot more than me and you (I assume)

Archived