Fosse69

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Very true, but a solid mid table team by Xmas can always have a shot  at the play-offs or at least an element of comfort. For the time being scrape the points together during a tough run.

I think we need to get through the next few games on a reasonably level of results. The side gains confidence and establishes a pattern of play. Then we could push on . Another way to be near the top is to not let many in. Lots of 1-0s.

The player ratings on here for this game are bizarre. Anyone who votes based on listening to RS, they quite often get the players wrong. So terrible mistake by X doesn't mean it was X and good work from Y doesn't mean it was good work from Y.

32 minutes ago, toyahw said:

The player ratings on here for this game are bizarre. Anyone who votes based on listening to RS, they quite often get the players wrong. So terrible mistake by X doesn't mean it was X and good work from Y doesn't mean it was good work from Y.

I don’t normally follow the ratings, but now you’ve pointed it out they’re nothing short of a joke. Nowhere near representative of how well some of them played. Just shows there are some overly negative views on here. 

8 hours ago, toyahw said:

IPlayer has the Radio Stoke commentary and it's pretty obvious when I'm watching overseas that as soon as they mention certain players make a mistake 2 or 3 posters jump up and say how poorly they are playing. At least 4 players were at fault including Crookes for Newport's goal. Nobody mentions the 2 clearances he made in the six yard box when he was the last man. Ray Williams has to be the most negative pundit about his own side ever to get a job on a commentary team. Always quite like listening to Dennis Smith whenever I'm home as I think he gets the balance right between positives and negatives post match on Stoke.

• Like 1