Fosse69

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Vale battled well and deserved something from the game.

The throw in that led to there goal was ca 10yds further forward than it should have been, ref let them get away with one there.

Thought we looked fairly solid at the back but very poor going forward today. Amoo and Montano couldn’t get in the game and we had no plan B. Little bit worrying to see there was no other plan. 

Think Askey is leaving subs too late. I thought that it was obvious it needed changing around 50-60 mins. Can’t see why he brought Pope on who is the same type of player as Bennett but slower when we were crying out for some pace. I’d have liked to have seen Archer and Cullen both brought on to at least try and change it. Not sure why he then brought on Evans (a defensive midfielder) at 1-0 down. 

Only Worrall, Gibbons and Joyce looked like they wanted to do something with the ball. Smith and Legge won everything and Brown kept us in the game. 

Funny how people see it differently, Pope won every ball and held play up. Deserved a point and created the better chances in the second half.

On 07/09/2019 at 17:10, Biddulph_PV said:

Poor result. Newport aren’t exactly Barcelona. Just a big, physical side. And that side we lost 5-2 to....Crewe beat quite comfortably. 

Poor result? Are you having a laugh?

Newport are unbeaten in 17 now. Keeping 12 clean sheets and only conceding 5.

We gave them a bloody good game today. Worrall had a cracking chance and there were a few others too.

Unlucky today Vale

• Like 1

On 07/09/2019 at 17:07, davehartshill said:

Thought we looked fairly solid at the back but very poor going forward today. Amoo and Montano couldn’t get in the game and we had no plan B. Little bit worrying to see there was no other plan. 

Think Askey is leaving subs too late. I thought that it was obvious it needed changing around 50-60 mins. Can’t see why he brought Pope on who is the same type of player as Bennett but slower when we were crying out for some pace. I’d have liked to have seen Archer and Cullen both brought on to at least try and change it. Not sure why he then brought on Evans (a defensive midfielder) at 1-0 down. 

Only Worrall, Gibbons and Joyce looked like they wanted to do something with the ball. Smith and Legge won everything and Brown kept us in the game. 

Their left back played very well against Amoo and got man of the match.

its difficult because they didn’t create very much... before they scored our plan a was holding one of the best teams in the league to a closely rough, contained 0-0 where we had had some chances.

11 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Can someone tell me what Conlon brings to the team?

A cracking goal every few months, and........?!

He slows the game down too much for me, taking too many touches on the ball.

He's still young though, so the hope is he will improve.

Looks much better with a fit Oyeleke alongside him IMO.

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Poor result? Are you having a laugh?

Newport are unbeaten in 17 now. Keeping 12 clean sheets and only conceding 5.

We gave them a bloody good game today. Worrall had a cracking chance and there were a few others too.

Unlucky today Vale

Nothing like a bit of ambition.