onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Those fixtures are horrible. Suppose it’s best to get them all out of the way! As for tomorrow would take a point 100%. Very good side personally think they’ll go up this season. I’d be tempted to go with archer as he looks a real find. May be a big asset off the bench though. 1-1 amoo to score again. 

Advert

I've enjoyed this week.

After a decent start, Grimsby happened.

I got the impression that we were more cautious against Cambridge, which created the rather dire spectacle that it was.

However, Amoos late magic turned it into 3 points.

Tuesday night gave, perhaps much needed, reassurance about the squad, and another win.

We might have to hang on to those memories as we embark on 4 very difficult looking fixtures.

A good performance and a point would be an excellent return tomorrow.

This is the start of a challenging set of fixtures. I’m quietly positive about our next four games. Let’s put the Grimsby result behind us but on a positive it may have given us a dose of reality.

i see us getting at least one point from the games against Exeter and Newport and at least three from the Plymouth and Mansfield games. The first two are top of the league and the other two aren’t meeting their pre season expectations. We are stronger and look more balanced than last season with different playing options. I also feel now that we have players on the bench that could actually be in the starting eleven.

At the start of the season I was hoping that we’d be safe by Easter and finish in 14th position. I’m not getting carried away or intoxicated on our current position because I thought we played poor against bat a poor Cambridge side on Saturday, but I think we can finish 9th/10th

MPVGA.

Newport away after the last awayday mauling.

Id go with a positive go at them team but keeping the back door firmly shut  

Brown 

Gibbons Smith Leg Kennedy Cr

Worrall  Evans Joyce Amoo 

Bennett

Three centre half’s towhead everything and block all shots .

Two wing backs joining in and Evans to get the nod over Conlon.

Bennett to be given 45 minutes to prove he is and was the right choice if not Cullen and Archer to replace Bennett and a centre half if we need to .

Keep it tight and as game wears on hit them with everything .

Great that Popey is not solely relied on any more but fantastic to bring him on if we need hold the ball up the field as game goes on and the1-0 lead is looking more suspect if indeed we take the lead .

UTV 

•    Brown 

Crookes Smith Legge Gibbons

Worrall   Joyce 

•  

Taylor

Archer      Amoo

Bennett

Take the game to Newport...atttack attack attack. No more one man up front...it won't work away from home...take the game to Newport use the strengths of Taylor whom is an up and down  the park midfielder...let Amoo use his full mobility to help out up and down the pitch and let Archer play a 'in the hole' behind Bennett...a recipe of a nightmare for any defence. Stick with the clean sheet defence from Saturday..go for a second clean sheet

Very tough month ahead on paper, any points today would be very welcome. Tough test, good chance to see how we cope, and how were progressing, defence needs to stand strong and maybe we can nick one on the break. Might see the pace of archer and Cullen being a key factor late on. Need to still be in the game on the hour mark. Come on boys!!!

Archived