onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Sponsors Man of the Match Award.

Playa Amodores

I’d be interested to hear other people’s opinions on this award. Is it totally subjective or extremely accurate?

Yesterday  David Amoo was awarded the M.O.M. IMO he started the game really well and had the beating if Cambridge’s left back, however we didn’t make the most of this. I thank him for his brilliance with his contribution for our winning goal, however that was one instance over ninety minutes in which the award is awarded.

as I’ve said it could be subjective, but I think David Worrall was our M.O.M, throughout he never stopped running or trying to create openings. In the first half he was on the touch line and Gibbons had the ball in the right back position. The Cambridge left midfielder was blocking off the possible pass to Worrall, so Worrall ran into the centre circle to receive the pass. I accept that this is the obvious thing to do, but ask yourself just how many players, actually do that. I’m sure many of you sit there shouting at players to do this to receive a pass or create space, but do they.?

Advert

I don't think there's any point in debating the MOTM award. It's partly objective (as the winner clearly has to have done something right) and partly subjective (because we all see things differently).

Legge was my MOTM, for what's it's worth, but Amoo created the goal and got us the win, so I can see why he was chosen. It's a matter of personal opinion but there is a clear reason yesterday why he got it. Without him it would have been a draw.

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

It’s chosen by the match sponsors although sometimes I think it’s chosen by the winner’s mum!

Funny you should say that because me and my mate always remember a game when the late Matt Carragher had a stinker and got Man of the Match so we were convinced his Dad had chosen it.  Now whenever a surprise choice comes up we turn to each other with the words "Carragher's Dad"

11 hours ago, vale victory said:

Have to agree with that
Gibbo and Legge have been excellent this season so far

They’re getting a good understanding together on that right hand side. Just shows the value of having an experienced player alongside you. It’s no wonder the opposition try and target our left defensive pairing. 

I would have gone for Gibbo or Legge too. Didn’t think Amoo did much apart from the one bit of class in setting the goal up. Some felt Worrall should have got it for his energy but his corners in the second half were nothing short of pathetic. The rest were all average performances, nothing more and nothing less. A great three points thoroughly deserved though.

Archived