onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:

Idiots on here. Waste of time. 'The kit doesn't look quite so white under grey cloud' Sort it out Vale. 'The nets in the goals are too thick, couldn't see' Sort it out Vale. 'Shadow of railway stand is not parallel to the touchline' Sort it out Vale. 'I couldn't piss in my usual corner,' cause some <ovf censored> was there before me'. Sort it out Vale. 'We didn't win 6-0, fuxing shuite' Sort it out Vale. So embarrassing.

Thought most comments on the game were pretty balanced and sensible personally.

Advert

18 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:

Idiots on here. Waste of time. 'The kit doesn't look quite so white under grey cloud' Sort it out Vale. 'The nets in the goals are too thick, couldn't see' Sort it out Vale. 'Shadow of railway stand is not parallel to the touchline' Sort it out Vale. 'I couldn't piss in my usual corner,' cause some <ovf censored> was there before me'. Sort it out Vale. 'We didn't win 6-0, fuxing shuite' Sort it out Vale. So embarrassing.

You feeling ok ?

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I wouldn’t have called that a sitter, it was a harder chance IMO than the header Monty  missed in the first few minutes. 

Sorry, don’t agree as I was right behind it, not sure how he missed. Think Richards would have put it in had it have been him.

17 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:
29 minutes ago, Mario said:
Good I was worried..............

No worries. I thought Cambridge came to spoil the game today, we got dragged to their level almost. We were slightly better than they were and deserved a win. Was not brilliant but we won.

That is a reasonable assessment. They were surprisingly naïve. Going with the diamond. You would have thought they would have watched the Grimsby game. Which is an ABC in how to beat us. Let's hope no one else does. I think we might do alright in the next few games. Even though they look tough.

Generally we've been decent against the better teams recently.

8 hours ago, werstayinup said:

How opinions differ,i thought he was decent and didn't do much wrong but that's what football is all about

Not sure why but some people have it in for Crookes. Hannatt got a lot of balls into the box, particularly first half. Their best cross did come from the right but it was from the fullback, who came from deep and also put the cross in from a deep position. I think Crookes has been decent this season.

12 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

dull turgid affair. but amoo was threatening throughout. almost let them in with a free header at the end but i think justifiably won think we edged it for large parts of the game. but one question still needs answering. why 3 forwards on the bench if youre only playing 1 up top at home askey? why are we playing 1 up top all the time at home ITS BORING ZZZZZZZZZZ.

You must have been ZZZZZZZZZZZ. in our last two home games , for you to say we were boring, 

10 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

im sorry i dont agree with that. aspin had to do the same thing playing 1 up top simply because the players he had werent good enough and for the most part playing 1 up is papering over cracks. great win today though.

Are you saying that Askey is playing 1 up front because (the same as Aspin) the players aren’t good enough ? ?? and that by playing 1 up front shows he is papering over the cracks . Then you say “ great win today”.......tad confusing

Not a great spectacle.

Great run by Amoo to win it.

Good to have such a player.

I wondered how much of today was a response to the Grimsby game.

The midfield lacked drive, with both Conlon and Joyce keeping it simple.

Only Worrall ran with the ball and committed opponents. We need more of that imho.

So, was Conlon playing under instruction?

Central defence looked solid, with Smith's distribution markedly and very notably improved.

I like Bennett. Unlike Pope, he makes himself available without grappling with defenders. Consequently, his energies are used profitability and more conservatively.

Monty made a very lively start and faded badly.

An average day at the office, sweetened by a late piece of magic  and a howler of a missed header...phew.

I thought the team looked well drilled and fit. Showed some good attacking moves particularly down the left flank first half. In the second half before Taylor came on Cambridge seemed to cancel out our wide players Amoo and Monty. We looked vulnerable when they become ineffective in attack and don't offer much out wide defensively. Taylor came on and upped our midfield significantly defensively and attacking wise. Amoo became effective and the goal came from him. I don't want sound critical of Monty or Amoo but it looks like we should play 451 at Newport with Taylor in for one of them. 

But let me end positively. They did very well in a game fragmented with odd refereeing contributing to that.

I'll take a dull 1 0 win any game of the season, thanks.

Even though again we had half a team that didn't perform to their best, we were light years ahead of Cheltenham.

They were very poor, creating almost nothing and seemed to be intent on hounding the ref at every second and committing many niggly fouls.

Their goalie liked our paddocks didn't he? His kicking was on a par with the Forest Green goalie! Marc Richards was totally out of the game and their right back has to be the worst I've seen for many seasons.

I know there are many on here who will champion Pope all the time but a word here for Bennett. He had absolutely no service whatsoever yesterday but he still makes a nuisance of himself and brings others into the game. He still looks a bit raw but I feel there is something to happen whenever he is around the ball. He is getting to used to the Pope factor, in that I mean having to fight and play alone a good deal of the time. It's good imo to have Tom on the sidelines waiting to give his effort when brought on.

A solid start to the campaign and if only we could get 7 or more players at their best in a game....we will then take apart some Clubs.

Archived