onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

I don’t get the comparison between Hannant and Conlon, they are different players and don’t play the same role. I’m sure Hannant will be doing plenty of running, plenty of diving and I’m sure he’ll get a few crosses in too. I think he played left wing back last weekend. 

Advert

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t get the comparison between Hannant and Conlon, they are different players and don’t play the same role. I’m sure Hannant will be doing plenty of running, plenty of diving and I’m sure he’ll get a few crosses in too. I think he played left wing back last weekend. 

Hannant played wide and central for us. Conlon has only played central. It's not a big beef, just curious how it works out Sat. I'd have kept Hannant and released Conlon (unless there were issues with Hannant?). But 50/50 about it. So just curious to see how it pans out.

Well.  your only as good as your last game and judging by that changes aplenty should’be made but won’t because the replacing players are not ready .

For me out goes Smith .

In comes Kennedy or Crookes to be moved to Smiths position and Ryan Gordon Campbell gets the nod at left back. 

If monty is fit then he comes back in with Pope .

Id give Burgess a shirt so we can play Worrall with Gibbons so that means Conlon to be dropped or Joyce .

Pope can play aside Cullen so that means we can go 3 at the back if Kennedy not ready .

So my team 

Brown 

Gibbons. Legge Crookes Camp

Worrall Joyce Burgess Monty 

Amoo Pope 

Or  

Brown Gibbons Kennedy Crookes Monty Worrall Joyce Amoo Cullen Pope Bennett 

37 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Hannant played wide and central for us. Conlon has only played central. It's not a big beef, just curious how it works out Sat. I'd have kept Hannant and released Conlon (unless there were issues with Hannant?). But 50/50 about it. So just curious to see how it pans out.

Fair enough. Personally I think Conlon is a better centre midfielder than Hannant, I think he’s much more disciplined positionally and better on the ball. Did he play many times in the centre for us? I don’t recall too many. Basically we’ve swapped him for Amoo, I know who I’d rather have. 

27 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Fair enough. Personally I think Conlon is a better centre midfielder than Hannant, I think he’s much more disciplined positionally and better on the ball. Did he play many times in the centre for us? I don’t recall too many. Basically we’ve swapped him for Amoo, I know who I’d rather have. 

He played a few times central and was rubbish. Which was a bit odd, because he looked like he should be better central. He's got no pace. Him for Amoo, depends whether we are on the front foot or back foot. Amoo was excellent vs FGR but vs Grimsby we'd have been better off with Hannant.

45 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Well.  your only as good as your last game and judging by that changes aplenty should’be made but won’t because the replacing players are not ready .

For me out goes Smith .

In comes Kennedy or Crookes to be moved to Smiths position and Ryan Gordon Campbell gets the nod at left back. 

Id give Burgess a shirt so we can play Worrall with Gibbons so that means Conlon to be dropped or Joyce .

Pope can play aside Cullen so that means we can go 3 at the back if Kennedy not ready .

You’ve never really liked Smith have you? Well it’s one thing that I agree with you about. Every time he gets the ball, it either goes into touch or back to the opposition. He’s also a bit of a jinx in my opinion as Torquay had a terrible season when he was there on loan and the last three seasons since he came into the Vale team have seen us relegated and two of our lowest ever finishes in the league. However, not many seem to share our view.

10 minutes ago, pjg1876 said:

You’ve never really liked Smith have you? Well it’s one thing that I agree with you about. Every time he gets the ball, it either goes into touch or back to the opposition. He’s also a bit of a jinx in my opinion as Torquay had a terrible season when he was there on loan and the last three seasons since he came into the Vale team have seen us relegated and two of our lowest ever finishes in the league. However, not many seem to share our view.

Well I don't. He's one of our best players. Good player Smudge, Blaming him for our demise is  frankly beyond ridiculous.

Results to date reflect where we are.

3, surprisingly solid performances, followed by an excellent performance, and then Grimsby!

Not unlike last season, our first choices can compete well and look more capable of scoring goals.

Go beyond that and the cracks begin to show.

Given the lack of depth, the season will turn on injuries.

I think there will be many ups and downs, as would be expected given where we are as a club.

Looking forward to the game and hoping for a good performance.

2 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

For me out goes Smith .

So my team 

Brown 

Amoo Pope 

Or  

When will you get over your Smith out obsession.

He is probably one of the most consistent performers this year (and last)

He is Also one of the few players we could sell on tha higher level for decent money.

Grow up and accept you are wrong.

2 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

For me out goes Smith .

So my team 

Brown 

Amoo Pope 

Or  

I can't believe I've read all of that post ...............................................

3 hours ago, toyahw said:

He played a few times central and was rubbish. Which was a bit odd, because he looked like he should be better central. He's got no pace. Him for Amoo, depends whether we are on the front foot or back foot. Amoo was excellent vs FGR but vs Grimsby we'd have been better off with Hannant.

I forgot that Lloyd played left wing at Grimsby, so who would you prefer? Lloyd or Hannant 🙂

Crazy to see Smith being blamed for the last 3 seasons demise. I think we all know  where the blame lies for that. He may not be great on the ball but to say he gives it away every time he gets it is a bit of an exaggeration. 

Also bonkers to see wholesale changes being advocated for the Cambridge game. Straight out of the Aspin book of management that, panic and change things straight away. Crookes at centre half with an inexperienced left back alongside him? That side of the defence would be torn to pieces. Burgess in at centre mid? He isn’t even a centre midfielder is he? Amoo up front? he’s a winger isn’t he?

49 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

When will you get over your Smith out obsession.

He is probably one of the most consistent performers this year (and last)

He is Also one of the few players we could sell on tha higher level for decent money.

Grow up and accept you are wrong.

Smith our obsession there is no Smith out obsession.

Did you watch the game v Grimsby ?

Who was at fault for at least 4 of there goals.

Like I say the opposition managers will look at that game and Vale will be with the dead men before we know it .

There has been to much of that level of performance from the Vale over  the past few seasons .

So what do you suggest ?

Play the same back four .

So its Joyce  Worrall Amoo and Lloyd’s fault we dealt with the ball over the top by being flat footed .

Im not excepting of that it was amateurish to say  the least .

I want folk to be giving good feedback on Vale’s performances not watch Quest and see that .

I hope you are right about Smith hope they sell him ASAP .

On his day he is very good but when he is bad he is abysmal .

Port Vale move into the higher reaches of the division with him representing us will be proof I’m wrong otherwise I’m entitled to my opinion as are you .

We need better than him to move forwards that’s for sure the proof is in all the Lowely placed finishes we have .

My message to Nathan  Smith and Vale is this prove me wrong I want Vale do great .

I don’t want see 4000 gates and out the carabao cup in round one  etc I want folk to want to go the Vale and that level of performance isn’t going get folkbe queuing for the game v Cambridge is it 

UTV 

Tough crowd on here today.

Shaun Brisley is an experience center back who will hopefully do the business, wouldn't make sense at the moment to bring in a defender who is young and untested at this level.

An experienced bull of a midfield player who can play and with similar experience would complement the squad very nicely.

Some people can’t wait for a player to make a mistake so they can bang the drum to get them out of the side. They also can’t wait to make a knee jerk reaction and suggest multiple (ridiculous) changes too. Trouble is people look at the final action before a ball goes in and thinks that’s solely the cause of the goal, of course that’s true sometimes and it’s a factor, but there’s also a bigger picture as to why a team has ended up in that position and there isn’t just one reason for it. Some are too blinkered to see it though. 

Archived