George

Stoke Relegation Thread

On 25/09/2019 at 12:22, jeffers said:

" The most expensively assembled squad in the Championship – at more than £143m – sit bottom of the pile with one point. “I don’t ask for a ride in his [the owner’s] helicopter,” Jones said recently, “I ask for time.”

Nathan....you take as long as you like mate, I'm loving it.

I was taking a look at their squad list today and the odd player apart, that's an awful lot of decidedly average Championship players for that amount. There's a lot in the late 20's / early 30's with presumably little to no sell-on value too - McLean, Vokes, Gregory, Duffy, Batth, Diouf, Ward etc. I would presume they are desperate for Butland to regain form and provide a sizeable transfer fee because if they go down they're going potentially end up with a load of average players with big wages on their books.

Bookies already opened a market on Stoke’s next manager. Godman wasn’t at the press conference today. 

I still think he needs more time. 

29 minutes ago, Santa said:

Bookies already opened a market on Stoke’s next manager. Godman wasn’t at the press conference today. 

I still think he needs more time. 

Chris Hughton

• Like 1

Hughton seems to be the fans main choice when I'm having a laugh reading their matchday threads on the oatcake. But after about 3/4 years of not getting what they want most likely end up with Sol

15 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Chris Hughton

That’s a worryingly good shout Jacko. I’ve been singing his praises for a while on these pages. Hopefully Chris will think he can get a better job than the FAT365.

Agent Jones your mission tonight should you wish to accept it is to ensure Sjoke lose but not so badly that you get sacked just yet. As with recent defeats you need to ensure in defeat there is a glimmer of hope  and something to blame, player sent off , lose on penos, totally awful ref. When are you available to attend sitting for statue we are planning to erect ? Please pm me.

Mission possible.

• Haha 1

Just seen this on the Oatcake. Obviously second guessing Agent Jones team  has now been taken to a new level. Worryingly this line up appears to have more quality and commitment than previous selections. Just hope they continue with the Diamond formation.

danceswithclams Avatar

Wogan

Madeline McCann Your Mum Steve McFadden

Some Crisps Harold Bishop

Michael Gove Vanessa Feltz Chegwin's Cock

Barry Scott H from Steps

A Stain of Dubious Origin

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/290670/stoke-nottingham-forest-match-thread#ixzz60iIB3wEc

Edited by The man in the pub

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Just seen this on the Oatcake. Obviously second guessing Agent Jones team  has now been taken to a new level. Worryingly this line up appears to have more quality and commitment than previous selections. Just hope they continue with the Diamond formation.

danceswithclams Avatar

Wogan

Barry Scott H from Steps

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/290670/stoke-nottingham-forest-match-thread#ixzz60iIB3wEc

Certainly has potential, some not even good in their usual positions, very promising.

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

danceswithclams Avatar

Wogan

Barry Scott H from Steps

Certainly has potential, some not even good in their usual positions, very promising.

Think the inclusion of Barry Scott will give them the commanding voice they have been missing. Not sure if Chegwin's Cock  will provide the required width.

2 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Ameobi like! 2-1 Forest now. You’re doing a good job agent Jones. Keep it up.

I disagree, we could do with them getting a draw at least to keep him there, lose and theres a chance he will get the chop.

• Like 2

Mixed feelings. Do I want a hard fought 3-2 loss that would make Coates feel better and keep NJ in for at least the Huddersfield game? Or do I want Forest to grab another 3/4 and decimate the shlts goal difference which would help at the end of the season? Hmmmm.

• Like 1