onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Advert

Decent results tonight w.r.t Barnsley and Wigan winning again, shame Middlesborough couldn't pull one back against the bottlers.

Watched the last 25 minutes of Blackburn vs the scum. Blackburn were pretty dire considering they could have been 2 points off the playoffs.

Barnsley vs scum on April 4th when we're away at Carlisle. Huge day. 

7 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Yes heard their last five fixtures couldn't be tougher 🤣. If they dont get points soon they are doomed.

Problem is they have Hull Barnsley Boro Brum at home. 

It's still been hilarious, biggest budget in the league praying for Forest to equalise. 

Of course if they do stay up you do realise that they are going to storm it next season 🤔

Just put Radio Sjoke on and its a special on the anniversary of their cup win, 1972 blah blah blah … . Now ok bias apart I get it if its 25 or 50 years but 48 ???  Am I missing something or are things so bad down the Incinerator that they are scraping the barrel for something to celebrate. What next 8 years since they scored a penalty. 

One thing that does shine through when Stoke players from that era are interviewed, is that the old soak Waddo was not the great manager he was made out to be.

Conroy for instance would often say that tactically he was “not the best” and now Eastham says that his father basically signed TC ! He also needed to be convinced to sign Banks ! 

But Waddo’s master stroke was to sign good (if old or troublesome) players. I don’t quite remember how Hudson ended up at Stoke, but even as a Vale fan I have to say what a player he was.

I saw him live a few times down the way and his control and vision were second to none. One of his few England caps was against West Germany at Wembley and his performance was sublime. Credit where credit is due.

Archived