George

Stoke Relegation Thread

When  will Peter Coates realise its not the managers fault its the players, 5 managers in 2 years 🤔. They have got players who think they are Premier league. The bad news is if they bothered to look in the mirror they will find a League 1 player staring back at them. Think that's the problem Agent Jones had players who wouldn't listen to him as he was a lower league manager . Where as they are , oh yes foot on the accelerator to being lower league players. 

But hey carry on Mr Coates get another manager in and thank goodness players aren't the sharpest tool in the box.

According to the Bloat,they are down to the core 10,000 or  8,000 STs didn’t turn up last night or West Brom only brought 2,000.Take your pick.

22,000 my arse.

Great start by Rory.Agent Jones’ legacy.

the football from Sjoke was dire last night. Ive seen better in L2 this season. I almost feel sorry for their fans, Nah just kidding. A lot has got to change before they even stand a chance of survival.

5 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

The question I ask is how much money do they have to spend before they breach the Fair Play rules.

I think they've already breached them, haven't they? Isn't that why they struggled to bring in a decent forward?

Reports now linking Steve Clarke with the Stoke job !

Clarke, who is probably the most boring man in football, fell to the bottom of the “most wanted manager” list and subsequently took the Scotland job.

This just keeps getting better and better ! 

• Haha 1

They have now been publicly turned down by Houghton, Neil, Allardyce. You'd also think that if Pulis was coming in surely he would be in by now.

Current front runners for the Scum job are:

1) Michael O'Neill, who's biggest league achievement is 2x Scottish division two manager of the month

2) Derrick McInnes, Who has a win percentage of 26.98% in his only other stint in English league management

3) Neil Harris, recently sacked from his only ever job in management at a place where he is a club legend.

Fantastic, hopefully they plummet, Coates leaves and they do a Bolton/Bury this time next year. It's all those rats deserve.

Edited by Walka003
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

They have now been publicly turned down by Houghton, Neil, Allardyce. You'd also think that if Pulis was coming in surely he would be in by now.

Current front runners for the Scum job are:

1) Michael O'Neill, who's biggest league achievement is 2x Scottish division two manager of the month

2) Derrick McInnes, Who has a win percentage of 26.98% in his only other stint in English league management

3) Neil Harris, recently sacked from his only ever job in management at a place where he is a club legend.

Fantastic, hopefully they plummet, Coates leaves and they do a Bolton/Bury this time next year. It's all those rats deserve.

now now  that isn't nice, they are our neighbours, couldn't we loan them a youth player or better still open a petition to get jones back,

• Haha 1

O’Neill clear favourite now at 1/4. Done a very good job with Northern Ireland but very little league experience having only managed Brechin and Shamrock Rovers.

On 04/11/2019 at 15:56, Houston Valiant said:

Tunstall Potter has gone off the radar as well. He’s a fair poster though. 

You'd have to say the odds are O'Neill will be a shambles if it is him. No experience of anything like what he'll find at Stoke. 

They must be working down the list of potential candidates,obviously who ever does it now will be 5th or 6th choice,thought they were a big club,seems they must be rotten to the core.

Michael O’Neill’s greatest achievements were taking   Northern Ireland to the 2016 Euros and also taking Shamrock Rovers into the Europa League group stages,beating in 2010 , beating Partizan Belgrade 2-1 to qualify. 

He is a very intelligent man , somewhat similar to Martin, and he has that ability to get the best out of average players. If he gets this job, he will do very well at it , I’m afraid to say. 

30 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

You'd have to say the odds are O'Neill will be a shambles if it is him. No experience of anything like what he'll find at Stoke. 

Maybe Stoke will be his downfall. 😂. He’s a very good manager though. 

38 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Michael O’Neill’s greatest achievements were taking   Northern Ireland to the 2016 Euros and also taking Shamrock Rovers into the Europa League group stages,beating in 2010 , beating Partizan Belgrade 2-1 to qualify. 

He is a very intelligent man , somewhat similar to Martin, and he has that ability to get the best out of average players. If he gets this job, he will do very well at it , I’m afraid to say. 

I disagree, I wouldn't be happy if I were a stoke fan.

In his two years at Brechin they failed to get close to promotion in a tiny league, and qualified for the play offs the season after he left. 

He won the league of Ireland with one of the only decent teams in that league. I think if you dropped a team like Burton into that league they would probably walk it.

He's then gone into international management where he has done a steady job and got them to qualify for the Euro's. However this isn't a NI team of the David Healy days that was full of lower league or irish league players. The majority of his players were Championship and above. On top of which good international management very rarely translates to good club management. Coleman at Sunderland, Sven at Man City etc etc.

It really appears to be a carbon copy of the Coleman/Sunderland situation, and in fairness to Coleman I would say he would be the more fancied of the two! Taking Wales to semi in the euros and had previous league management experience.

Edited by Walka003

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I disagree, I wouldn't be happy if I were a stoke fan.

In his two years at Brechin they failed to get close to promotion in a tiny league, and qualified for the play offs the season after he left. 

He won the league of Ireland with one of the only decent teams in that league. I think if you dropped a team like Burton into that league they would probably walk it.

He's then gone into international management where he has done a steady job and got them to qualify for the world cup. However this isn't a NI team of the David Healey days that was full of lower league or irish league players. The majority of his players were Championship and above. On top of which good international management very rarely translates to good club management. Coleman at Sunderland, Sven at Man City etc etc.

It really appears to be a carbon copy of the Coleman/Sunderland situation, and in fairness to Coleman I would say he would be the more fancied of the two! Taking Wales to semi in the euros and had previous league management experience.

All good points  , but his ability to qualify for the Euros with a small country has to be admired , even with Championship players,and it’s no small achievement to get to the group stages of the Europa League. The League of Ireland is awful though, with Dundalk ruling the roost these last few seasons. Rovers won the cup after 35 years of trying . Add Cork City and that’s about it. Crowds of 300 are the norm, with those three clubs being the exception. Still, as ever , you can do all that, but the true test has always been England, and the toughest league in the world. I hope you’re right. 👍

You love to see it

I could make one 100x the size with tweets from just the last 3/4 days

Everyone hates the scum

down down down 

AZXUP7p.jpg

Edited by Doha
  • Haha 1