onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Was a bit fearful that relegation would trigger some genuine action in the fanbase at their inept operational structure. £18m on Kevin Wimmer ffs. How heads didn't roll I'll never know.

Hopefully, squeaking survival on one of the largest budgets will placate the masses enough that our lad Scholesy can continue the sterling work he has embarked upon.

Relegation and a subsequent overhaul and promotion push would re-energise them; there's a certain joy to behold in them 'losing me love for the club'.

Advert

Swear not all that long ago the bog batterers were storming Coates' boardroom for some fisticuffs? 

Tony Pulis drags a historically 2nd tier club to a decade in the Prem + Europe (only to be heckled off the pitch and forced out the club after the fans get entitled and DEMAND good football) and the entire club falls apart without him. Hughes rode the wave for a few years, trusting the lads Pulis had brought in to run a tight ship, and then flogged them all for Berahino, Wimmer, and Imbulla.

Coates then goes on to prevaricate and make wrong decision after wrong decision ("I don't know what the fuss is all about"), lobbing money at managers to spend on past-it farmers in the hope they can sh*thouse promotion before the sweet nectar of parachute payments dries up.

Such a weird club. They showed more ire/action against Pulisball and its consistent mid-table finishes than they do at the architects of them being on the brink of League 1 despite earning more money in the last 3 years than most League 1 clubs do in 50. I'm not saying its all old man Coates but whoever is making the decisions there needs sacking, and Coates is the man with that power.

Ah well. The feeble attempts at COME ON STOKE come on stoke in a half-empty soulless lego ground next to an incinerator, miles out of town, as they battle to preserve their Championship status, provoking poor Bryn to more tearful breakdowns on the airwaves, will be enough to keep Scholesy boy and his merry men in the boardroom.

Swear not all that long ago the bog batterers were storming Coates' boardroom for some fisticuffs? 
Tony Pulis drags a historically 2nd tier club to a decade in the Prem + Europe (only to be heckled off the pitch and forced out the club after the fans get entitled and DEMAND good football) and the entire club falls apart without him. Hughes rode the wave for a few years, trusting the lads Pulis had brought in to run a tight ship, and then flogged them all for Berahino, Wimmer, and Imbulla.
Coates then goes on to prevaricate and make wrong decision after wrong decision ("I don't know what the fuss is all about"), lobbing money at managers to spend on past-it farmers in the hope they can sh*thouse promotion before the sweet nectar of parachute payments dries up.
Such a weird club. They showed more ire/action against Pulisball and its consistent mid-table finishes than they do at the architects of them being on the brink of League 1 despite earning more money in the last 3 years than most League 1 clubs do in 50. I'm not saying its all old man Coates but whoever is making the decisions there needs sacking, and Coates is the man with that power.
Ah well. The feeble attempts at COME ON STOKE come on stoke in a half-empty soulless lego ground next to an incinerator, miles out of town, as they battle to preserve their Championship status, provoking poor Bryn to more tearful breakdowns on the airwaves, will be enough to keep Scholesy boy and his merry men in the boardroom.
Great analysis of the demise of Sjoke. Hope no one in power reads it, hate to put them on the road to recovery. Onwards and downwards.

On 13/07/2020 at 18:23, Joe B said:

I like to think the grief and insults that Vale and just general non-Stoke fans gave them over their Pulisball tactics helped to turn the Herberts against their club and the man that made them.

Stokealona down to irrelevancy lads. No pride, no passion, no fight. Just the way the fans demanded it. Pulis out!

Was almost impressive the rate they went from plucky 'glad to be here, roughing up the big boys' club to 'we DEMAND better football, time for Pulis to go'.

Herded out the best manager in their history and within 5 years, despite all the money in the world, they're back to their natural level, scrapping for relevancy in the second tier with attendances rarely over 15,000 (despite what the scoreboard tells you).

They should have been on their hands and knees thanking the Lord for Tony Pulis, but instead it was boos from the Boothen and a slammed door.

I know every fanbase (including ours) is prone to entitlement, unrealistic ambitions, and 'my club is different to the other 91' rubbish, but the turn on Pulis because beating Wenger's Arsenal with ease twice a season wasn't aesthetically pleasing enough is up there with the biggest howlers a fanbase has had. 

34 minutes ago, Doha said:

They are the most fragile supporters in club football. The weakest chinned, the most fickle, the most bluntly demanding....

I thought I hated the neighbours Doha, but you have elevated it to an art form.

If I could expand on the concept of the Schrödingers shlt fan, I think they exist in a juxtaposition of supporting their club or going off to support United. The wave packet collapses when they discover if they are staying up or not.

13 hours ago, Joe B said:

Was almost impressive the rate they went from plucky 'glad to be here, roughing up the big boys' club to 'we DEMAND better football, time for Pulis to go'.

Herded out the best manager in their history and within 5 years, despite all the money in the world, they're back to their natural level, scrapping for relevancy in the second tier with attendances rarely over 15,000 (despite what the scoreboard tells you).

They should have been on their hands and knees thanking the Lord for Tony Pulis, but instead it was boos from the Boothen and a slammed door.

I know every fanbase (including ours) is prone to entitlement, unrealistic ambitions, and 'my club is different to the other 91' rubbish, but the turn on Pulis because beating Wenger's Arsenal with ease twice a season wasn't aesthetically pleasing enough is up there with the biggest howlers a fanbase has had. 

I can't abide them Joe , not quite Doha levels but I'm certainly a hater.

But in fairness with the Pulis thing they aren't the first and won't be the last fanbase to get ideas above their station.

Charlton were bored with Curbishley daring to flirt with the top 10 in the Premier League. Look how well that went. 

Middlesbrough because of the Juninho years often thought that they were entitled. They became a mundane premier League team . 

Also Bolton had enough of Big Sam, now obviously off the field issues have contributed to their downfall but again they got bored finishing 10th.

The European journey Lard went on for LOSING a cup final was stopped soon after , Hull and Villa both missed out on Europe for losing a Final. So it's always got my goat that they ' qualified' for the Europa League. It was only because City were already in the Champions league.

Basically the so called big six and maybe Everton. The rest are merely on loan to the Premiership , take a look at Bournemouth, well run club, much vaunted manager etc. 

Stoke are now paying the price for over inflated egos and over inflated wages and transfer fees. The failure money ( parachute ) soon runs out.

It's been a good laugh this season and they are still deluded enough to think they'll go up next season. 

Sadly Wycombe and Rotherham are going to be whipping boys but it still leaves one spot open. 

Archived