onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Advert

I thought I'd watch a fair bit of that just to see what all the fuss is about.

They look like a bunch of individuals in complete disarray. Lots of poor body language and people who don't seem to know their jobs. Outside of possession they look dreadful, on the ball a lot better. Even though they were poor today they still managed to create two or three big chances that they couldn't convert.

Powell could easily have had two red cards in that minute or so when he lost his head. He looked desperate to get himself sent off, maybe they have to wait their turn to get in the showers since social distancing came in.

12 minutes ago, Santa said:

I thought I'd watch a fair bit of that just to see what all the fuss is about.

They look like a bunch of individuals in complete disarray. Lots of poor body language and people who don't seem to know their jobs. Outside of possession they look dreadful, on the ball a lot better. Even though they were poor today they still managed to create two or three big chances that they couldn't convert.

Powell could easily have had two red cards in that minute or so when he lost his head. He looked desperate to get himself sent off, maybe they have to wait their turn to get in the showers since social distancing came in.

Did you clock the two Middlesbrough coaches doing the CV19 elbow tap thing instead of a handshake at the final whistle, and then immediately after did a cheek to cheek hug? Fcking idiots. 

14 minutes ago, Emile said:

Not wanting to count my chickens or anything but if Nathan Jones can keep Luton up and send Stoke down I'll be chipping in for him to get the keys to the city. A living legend. 

"God willing"

16 minutes ago, Doha said:

Did you clock the two Middlesbrough coaches doing the CV19 elbow tap thing instead of a handshake at the final whistle, and then immediately after did a cheek to cheek hug? Fcking idiots. 

I think I saw Ronnie Jepson up to something or other. He never was the sharpest tool in the box.

Had an afternoon painting (door frames incase you wanted to know 🙂 ).  Sport seems all over the place. But the BBC report on how bad Stoke were makes me laugh. I dont have a gripe with them as a club and would like to be in the league they are. It will be nice to have the derby games again after next season, but if things go bad we may miss them on the way down.

53 minutes ago, Emile said:

Not wanting to count my chickens or anything but if Nathan Jones can keep Luton up and send Stoke down I'll be chipping in for him to get the keys to the city. A living legend. 

aZT93pC.png

Stoke are in terrible trouble with a bloated overpaid and disconnected squad. My days of watching Stoke and Port Vale in the 1970's until the mid 1980's are long ago now. And the destruction of the away stand and attacks on the public going about their business in Burslem in the last game between the clubs snapped any  remaining empathy for Stoke. I used to argue that Stoke in the Premier League was an economic advantage to the city area. Hence not minded to see those advantages lost. But not sure that is relevant anymore post COVID-19. And looking at this from a Port Vale perspective, the demise of Stoke City and weakening of its following support provides an opportunity for a invigorated local community based club to grow - as Port Vale can now become under effective leadership with an ethical perspective. In our interests to see Stoke City in turmoil for many years to come!?

Massive week for Stoke with Tuesday’s game at Wigan followed by next Saturday’s visit from fellow cellar dweller’s Barnsley. An absolute bare minimum of 4 points are needed.

With home games against Blues & Brentford and trips to Leeds, Bristol City & Forest to follow it’s difficult to see a win apart from maybe Birmingham.

But if they don’t win either of the games this week, I think they’ll go. These next seven days could determine which league they start in next season.

Archived