onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Advert

4 hours ago, bycars rob said:

Unless one of those teams is Sunderland, who should be on a firmer financial footing now. It will be Stoke`s last year of parachute payments next season and they are much reduced, so it will be even harder for them next season. 

Yeah, it's not an attractive club for a manager but O'Neil seems to be very competent. I'd imagine they'll survive this season and then be forced to accept mid-table for the foreseeable, but we'll see.

May be agent O'Neil is a double double agent. If he can pull this one off then he's a complete genius and he certainly had me fooled a couple of weeks ago, when I accused him of being a dirty double crosser. 

Our fantastic run is playing mind games with the lard as we see them reverting to dripping , especially as the teams below them are starting to show that they can also pick up unexpected results 

Is the real "derby" about to be resurrected in 2020/21 season?

I do wonder if a Stoke relegation does us an favours if we joined them in league 1? Yes we would get a derby, but my fear is that they would directly compete with us for players. 

In the past this was not a problem as the financial gulf was not that big and mattered less. These days it certainly does. 

16 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Interestingly I was sat next to the Stoke official who works out their home attendances, he hadn't gone to QPR so called in to watch us today. I asked him what he thought the crowd was this afternoon? He said 14,798 with 868 from Colchester......!

I thought Diane Abbot worked that out for them.

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I do wonder if a Stoke relegation does us an favours if we joined them in league 1? Yes we would get a derby, but my fear is that they would directly compete with us for players. 

In the past this was not a problem as the financial gulf was not that big and mattered less. These days it certainly does. 

Next season they will receive £20 m in parachute payments which even that bunch of imbeciles could cobble together a good league 1 side with. If they stay up I reckon they will still struggle as they have some of our agents still embedded there such as Imbula and they will take up a fair chunk of that money 

Ideally I would like them to stay up this season and be relegated next season whilst we pass them on the way up. 

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

I dont know Tony Scholes would waste £20m on pencils and still get a pay rise. Maybe he is the man we should be erecting a statue of at Vale Park ?  Certainly been there longer than most managers, is he a Vale agent in deep ,deep,  cover.

He could well be our agents Mr.X, who they all actually report in to. 

Archived