onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Advert

They have now been publicly turned down by Houghton, Neil, Allardyce. You'd also think that if Pulis was coming in surely he would be in by now.

Current front runners for the Scum job are:

1) Michael O'Neill, who's biggest league achievement is 2x Scottish division two manager of the month

2) Derrick McInnes, Who has a win percentage of 26.98% in his only other stint in English league management

3) Neil Harris, recently sacked from his only ever job in management at a place where he is a club legend.

Fantastic, hopefully they plummet, Coates leaves and they do a Bolton/Bury this time next year. It's all those rats deserve.

36 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

They have now been publicly turned down by Houghton, Neil, Allardyce. You'd also think that if Pulis was coming in surely he would be in by now.

Current front runners for the Scum job are:

1) Michael O'Neill, who's biggest league achievement is 2x Scottish division two manager of the month

2) Derrick McInnes, Who has a win percentage of 26.98% in his only other stint in English league management

3) Neil Harris, recently sacked from his only ever job in management at a place where he is a club legend.

Fantastic, hopefully they plummet, Coates leaves and they do a Bolton/Bury this time next year. It's all those rats deserve.

now now  that isn't nice, they are our neighbours, couldn't we loan them a youth player or better still open a petition to get jones back,

Michael O’Neill’s greatest achievements were taking   Northern Ireland to the 2016 Euros and also taking Shamrock Rovers into the Europa League group stages,beating in 2010 , beating Partizan Belgrade 2-1 to qualify. 

He is a very intelligent man , somewhat similar to Martin, and he has that ability to get the best out of average players. If he gets this job, he will do very well at it , I’m afraid to say. 

38 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Michael O’Neill’s greatest achievements were taking   Northern Ireland to the 2016 Euros and also taking Shamrock Rovers into the Europa League group stages,beating in 2010 , beating Partizan Belgrade 2-1 to qualify. 

He is a very intelligent man , somewhat similar to Martin, and he has that ability to get the best out of average players. If he gets this job, he will do very well at it , I’m afraid to say. 

I disagree, I wouldn't be happy if I were a stoke fan.

In his two years at Brechin they failed to get close to promotion in a tiny league, and qualified for the play offs the season after he left. 

He won the league of Ireland with one of the only decent teams in that league. I think if you dropped a team like Burton into that league they would probably walk it.

He's then gone into international management where he has done a steady job and got them to qualify for the Euro's. However this isn't a NI team of the David Healy days that was full of lower league or irish league players. The majority of his players were Championship and above. On top of which good international management very rarely translates to good club management. Coleman at Sunderland, Sven at Man City etc etc.

It really appears to be a carbon copy of the Coleman/Sunderland situation, and in fairness to Coleman I would say he would be the more fancied of the two! Taking Wales to semi in the euros and had previous league management experience.

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I disagree, I wouldn't be happy if I were a stoke fan.

In his two years at Brechin they failed to get close to promotion in a tiny league, and qualified for the play offs the season after he left. 

He won the league of Ireland with one of the only decent teams in that league. I think if you dropped a team like Burton into that league they would probably walk it.

He's then gone into international management where he has done a steady job and got them to qualify for the world cup. However this isn't a NI team of the David Healey days that was full of lower league or irish league players. The majority of his players were Championship and above. On top of which good international management very rarely translates to good club management. Coleman at Sunderland, Sven at Man City etc etc.

It really appears to be a carbon copy of the Coleman/Sunderland situation, and in fairness to Coleman I would say he would be the more fancied of the two! Taking Wales to semi in the euros and had previous league management experience.

All good points  , but his ability to qualify for the Euros with a small country has to be admired , even with Championship players,and it’s no small achievement to get to the group stages of the Europa League. The League of Ireland is awful though, with Dundalk ruling the roost these last few seasons. Rovers won the cup after 35 years of trying . Add Cork City and that’s about it. Crowds of 300 are the norm, with those three clubs being the exception. Still, as ever , you can do all that, but the true test has always been England, and the toughest league in the world. I hope you’re right. 👍

Archived