onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Advert

26 minutes ago, tunstallpotter said:

They sold over 20,000 tickets, many of which decided to stay at home and watch on the red button.

Almost every club in the land operates the same system of counting tickets sold not attendees.

Not really sure what you would expect the crowds to be in the current climate if I'm honest?

I don't think the majority of clubs operate that way personally?

I can't think of another club that would lose approx 50% of the fans after a relegation? The amount of empty seats are staggering! Where is the loyalty and support?

For the record, as I've said before, I don't think Stoke will go down. The stats from last nights game were bizarre - 18 shots and not one on target! Huddersfield scored with there only shot! There's enough in that squad to still finish mid table.

To be fair lads stoke have had glory hunters joining them while they were in the premier league every club would most have gone now but some are still there along with the hardcore 

if they go down which is a possibility if they get the next manager wrong be interesting see how many are there next season 

Don't see why anyone is irritated by the numbers given, it's been like that for a long time with many clubs. It's clear to see hardly anyone was there when you see the game on TV anyway, & it's not that difficult to guess relatively accurate figures each week once you're in the ground, we manage it ourselves most weeks at Vale.

It's even more of an indication how bad they actually are anyway, the amount of tickets sold but going unused.

37 minutes ago, tunstallpotter said:

We've sold 19,000 season tickets how have we lost half of our fan base sorry?  Go to Old Trafford midweek, The Etihad, The Emirates there's empty seats everywhere despite the games officially being sell outs.

The red button has killed midweek away followings in the Championship for a lot of clubs and if the choice for some home fans is to bust a gut to get back from work in all the traffic and over to the game or to watch on SKY some will take the latter.  Not all football fans are fanatical, some will take the easy option rightly or wrongly.

The reason there was hardly any fans there last night was because of how bad this season has gone. You were on sky in the prem and selling out the stadium. It’s clear imo. All the glory hunters are no longer interested so your left with the loyal fans at the matches. Red button obviously has some issues but I didn’t see half of the Leeds stadium empty last night

2 hours ago, tunstallpotter said:

3 years ago Leeds averaged 22,000 compared to 34,000 this season - I wonder why could it be that they weren't very good then and flying high now?

Every club has glory hunters.  Stoke are not unusual in that respect.

I get the “red button” argument but this was a 6 pointer, must win game. Says a lot for loyalty , pride , whatever . Shocking from our neighbours. When a following of thugs turn up, they’ll all be out, just watch. Very poor. Deserve relegation. 

Archived