onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Advert

I doubt that Pulis will return for one simple reason. The powers that be at the FAT365 discarded of his services as they wanted a “change in direction” football style wise.

If Pulis was to be re-employed by the very same people who affectedly sacked him, it would be an admission that their decision was wrong in the first place.

And that won’t happen. Turkeys do not vote for Christmas.

My step father, a man who went to an FA Cup final at Wembley under Pulis and loved rubbing my nose in it when they were playing Manchester City and we were playing Colchester, now states that he hates Pulis and never liked him. He also says that he never wanted Rowett despite him telling me what a good appointment he was. He definitely said that he was really pleased about Nathan Jones getting the job; I've not spoken to him for a few weeks but will try and speak to him soon and see how much he predicted this whole sorry mess/ ceaseless feast of schadenfreude.

Rowett is a good manager, although his tactics can be boring. Jones is a good manager but maybe jumped up the ladder too quickly. The problem is that Stoke have not spent wisely and have a poor Championship squad. They should stay up but the Premiership money is drying up and they are continuing to buy <ovf censored> players.

long may it continue.

Correct. Best possible result. Narrowly scrape a win in a meaningless cup game that earns 0 league points but keeps Agent Jones in position for several games yet. Thank you Leeds, your contribution to the cause is most admirable. 

At any level, even with top level players, it takes time to integrate them into a team. Arsenal have taken their time introducing the likes of Pepe. Askey has taken flak for not bringing signings straight in, as did Rudge at times. Under Aspin we made a lot of changes at the start of last season yet the same players look better after 12 months together. Stoke players look like they barely know one another, which in many cases they don't. Big dilema now for Stoke, carry on and keep stability or twist and bring in another half dozen players a new manager fancies at Christmas.

2 hours ago, JRC said:

At any level, even with top level players, it takes time to integrate them into a team. Arsenal have taken their time introducing the likes of Pepe. Askey has taken flak for not bringing signings straight in, as did Rudge at times. Under Aspin we made a lot of changes at the start of last season yet the same players look better after 12 months together. Stoke players look like they barely know one another, which in many cases they don't. Big dilema now for Stoke, carry on and keep stability or twist and bring in another half dozen players a new manager fancies at Christmas.

I say keep stability,Nathan is the man for the job.His win record of 3 in 27 proves it.

This Stoke side looks bad on paper and are obviously even worse on grass. To me it’s no surprise the Prize Bully’s are struggling as, possibly Ince apart, I don’t see a decent player. They even have James McClean for heavens sake !

There also clearly seems a rift between manager and players, so put these factors together and another relegation campaign is on the cards 🙏🏻

Archived