onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke Relegation Thread

George

Advert

Not too early. If they keep Jones, they’re as good as down imo.

What I don’t get is modern day managers who have only one way of playing i.e the diamond. Surely a good manager can go into a club and adapt the way of playing to suit the players, not the other way round? Guess it works for Guardiola. But Stoke have shopped in Home Bargains this summer and look finished. 

Oh and parachute payment drops to 20% next year then nothing after that. Going to be a long hard slip in the Championship/LG 1.

Come on Jones, you can't lose all your games else you'll be sacked too soon and there's too much time for a new guy to come in and turn things round. Stick with him Mr Coates, we all admire your 'out of the box' thinking in appointing him, now please show some stubbornness and back the man till the end!

My first view of the Prize Bully’s this year. All this talk of “diamond” formation not working is, to me, wide of the mark.

Watching the game from a neutral point of view all I saw were poor players, playing even more poorly. They try to knock the ball around, but everything is too slow and too predictable with no end product.

Emphasis was rightly placed on their defensive frailties, but what did they actually create ? They have no pace, no creativity, no defensive prowess and, more importantly, seemingly no will to try and make things happen.

On that showing, to me, they look like early candidates for a bottom 3 slot.

🙏🏻

I suspect they'll be ok come the end of the season. They've spent another fortune on players and have - on paper - a very good squad of perhaps 19-20, not just 11.

If they find a manager who can get all these new players to gel then it won't be a problem for them. I suspect this is a blip and much as we might like them to drop like a stone (me included) they have a number of excellent players in their squad. 

I think their biggest problem is the turnover of players. Too many new ones all at once. How many is it since January? 10-12?

It is too early to predict. But if they are still floundering where they are in in a few months.... It's only August.

We all know only too well that when the "not winning" mentality gets into the players minds and systems then it is VERY difficult to change. It's a long season, anything can happen but I have to say it's fantastic reading all the bile and hatred from the Lardies about their own Club.

The feel good factor we Valiants are experiencing definitely is not stretching to that side of the City!

Archived