onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Keep saying it and keep getting shot down. But it’s pretty clear we signed some absalute <ovf censored>. Two injuries and we look completely thread bare. That midfield today was as bad as when it was tongue Kay and bloody Pugh in there. Defensive horror show of set plays. Really bad performance in every aspect that. And yes. Lloyd looks out of his depth (by a long way) 

With Lloyd in the team we are playing with 10 men.

Should have started with Bennett and Pope or Cullen.

Advert

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:
I see some posters finally have their chance to post after a few quiet weeks.
We will hopefully finish around 15th this year, that involves winning some and certainly losing a few.
Terrible day in the office, needs improving... if some people could try and sound less pleased it would be good! 

You've become as boring as Ernie. Let people have there say instead of condescending jibes.

Agree

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:
I see some posters finally have their chance to post after a few quiet weeks.
We will hopefully finish around 15th this year, that involves winning some and certainly losing a few.
Terrible day in the office, needs improving... if some people could try and sound less pleased it would be good! 

You've become as boring as Ernie. Let people have there say instead of condescending jibes.

Agree

I thought the right choice today was to bring in Pope or if fully fit maybe Cullen. Bennett could move to the left with Pope. I could accept a Lloyd type player if the aim is to be defensive and counter, but 433 isn't a formation that does that. However, maybe the real problem here is a recurring one at Port Vale. Can't play 2 games a week, and the legs have gone second half.

11 minutes ago, Warren said:

I thought the right choice today was to bring in Pope or if fully fit maybe Cullen. Bennett could move to the left with Pope. I could accept a Lloyd type player if the aim is to be defensive and counter, but 433 isn't a formation that does that. However, maybe the real problem here is a recurring one at Port Vale. Can't play 2 games a week, and the legs have gone second half.

On today’s showing Campbell Gordon is worth a go in future .

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

On today’s showing Campbell Gordon is worth a go in future .

May well have pushed himself in front of Lloyd. Hopefully Browne, Montano and Oyeleke will be in contention for the next game.

With hindsight we played too many first choice players against Burton. Back to back midweek games aren't ideal.

They bullied us today, starting with that nasty foul on Conlon in the first couple of minutes that went unpunished.  They were team if big buggers like Hanson and they battered us physically.  They had five shots on target and they all went in but Brown had no chance with any of them because we defended poorly throughout the team.  They had clearly watched us on Tuesday and decided they wouldn't let us play football like Forest Green did.  Bad day at the office.  Move on.

9 minutes ago, JRC said:

May well have pushed himself in front of Lloyd. Hopefully Browne, Montano and Oyeleke will be in contention for the next game.

With hindsight we played too many first choice players against Burton. Back to back midweek games aren't ideal.

Agree, I wasn’t one of the Lloyd knockers but he did nothing today, Campbell Gordon didn’t do his chan any harm.

4 hours ago, dantheman said:

Careful mate you’ll get shot on here for saying strong words like awful...

Nobody gets shot at for telling the truth - they get shot at for being simple and single-minded morons who cannot back up an argument properly, and are unwilling to admit when they are wrong - which is most of the time!

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

if we are splitting hairs,Lloyd started as well. So 8/11 who started last year, with two being hooked before the 90

Seriously? Pointing out that two does not equal one is splitting hairs? Desperate to make a point...especially as Amoo and Bennett have rightly been praised for their contributions in the games before today.

2 hours ago, JRC said:

Lloyd just isn't quick enough to play wide in a front 3. I resigned myself to his signing on the basis he played a lot of his more recent football further back and more centrally. He's just not quick enough to keep the fullback honest. You'd hope he's behind Browne, Worrall, Amoo and Montano for the wide roles. I'm sure Bennett out there and Pope or Cullen through the middle would have been stronger and helped us compete with a big side.

I bet everybody who went today or, like me, followed the depressing course of the game, was wondering why Arthur hadn't played Bennet wide and Pope, who didn't play in the week, upfront. For me, it was a no-brainer and left me wondering what on earth was behind Arthur's selection. Judging by our woeful midfield recruitment in the summer, perhaps Arthur doesn't see midfield as a priority, which would be very worrying. What on earth are we going to do if we have Joyce, Worrall and Manny injured at any one time during the season? Just imagine what a midfield of Lloyd, Burgess, and goodness knows who else, would look like. We need some strength and quality in midfield pretty quick, or it's going to be a long season. Wake up call today.

Seriously? Pointing out that two does not equal one is splitting hairs? Desperate to make a point...especially as Amoo and Bennett have rightly been praised for their contributions in the games before today.
I have no idea what your point is. We got hammered today with more new signings/squad players in our team than have been played before.

How doesn't that show our squad is thin at best.

Archived