Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Fosse69

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Keep a winning team, builds confidence and cohesion, unfortunately Monty may not be fit but I am still hopeful. Onwards and upwards Vale, seize your chances early and wrap up the game like the local fish and chips, no need for late goal antics then.  

• Like 1

Was at our game and saw at halftime Grimsby were 2 -0 down to a good Colchester side. Was surprised on getting home to see it ended a draw. No easy game on Saturday another good performance needed by the Vale on Saturday but at least now I know we can do that.

• Like 1

Draw would be decent with a winnable home game to follow.

Overall if we can take 4 points heading into September from the next two (Septembers fixtures are absolutely horrific!) it will set us up nicely.

They are very direct, physical and try to hit James Hanson so need to back line to be solid but can beat them.

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Overall if we can take 4 points heading into September from the next two (Septembers fixtures are absolutely horrific!) it will set us up nicely.

They are very direct, physical and try to hit James Hanson so need to back line to be solid but can beat them.

Hunk Legge and Tiger Smith will sort Hanson out!

3 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Hunk Legge and Tiger Smith will sort Hanson out!

Well Smith if I recall pocketed Hanson on his debut didnt he?

Our centre halves are better suited for a team that lumps it to the big man and struggle more against nippier forwards so I think it's a style we can cope with.

Well if we put in the effort that we did on Tuesday with a tad more composure then we could start to give them a good hiding. Anything less then we will struggle. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Too easy PV1973!

I’ve blocked Ernie so I can’t see his reply, but I have a good idea of what he said 🙂

On 21/08/2019 at 13:32, valefan16 said:

Yeah those September fixtures don’t look fun at all.

Cambridge have had a cracking start too so it’s not going to be easy.

Hopefully our good performances can continue and the natives can maintain a bit of sensible calm as we go through some ups* and downs over the next few games! 

* fingers crossed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Monty out due to concussion precautions, so likely to be Lloyd then?

you’ve got to feel for monty, he has been decent last couple of games and has caused problems for opposition fullbacks. hopefully he’s back for the Cambridge game. at least it’s not a muscle injury that sets him back again. rest up Monty and hopefully the lads get another 3 points saturday 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, valiantastic said:

you’ve got to feel for monty, he has been decent last couple of games and has caused problems for opposition fullbacks. hopefully he’s back for the Cambridge game. at least it’s not a muscle injury that sets him back again. rest up Monty and hopefully the lads get another 3 points saturday 

Yes just a statutary one week lay off following a concussion, should be back next week.

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Monty out due to concussion precautions, so likely to be Lloyd then?

Maybe although I think may Bennett on the left and Cullen or Pope in the middle is more likely on a small pitch. Worral wide right also an option.

Why is it that almost every team we play at this level is a team of giants? Grimsby have Hanson, yes, but a number of other tall lads too. I suppose we've had enough practice against lads like this in the past few weeks, what with Colchester's Nouble and Smith at the Cobblers. It's hard to defend corners and free kicks against these tall teams. Northampton and Salford scored from dead balls so we have to me on our mettle. It isn't easy.

Be interesting to see who replaces Monty. Maybe he will stick Bennett out wide and play Pope. That's a decent call, JRC. Or does he play Lloyd? A few options. Pope's height might be handy.